Sign in to follow this  
Langeveldt

Awful stuttering, SU9 beta

Hi all

Performance in MSFS has gradually gone down and down and down for me since about SU5-6 where now it's becoming unacceptable.  Flying out of major airports is a slide show, flying out of minor ones is 30FPS with a fair bit of stuttering. Mainly with panning and changing direction, but generally happens all the time. 

I7 8700K
Radeon 5700XT
64GB RAM.

I'm running on 30 FPS held, AIG traffic at 15%, most things on high. TLOD on 100 and it's a stutter fest, where it didn't used to be.  Rolling cache to 20GB. I usually fly the default A320 as the FBW is even more stuttery.  Obviously I could reduce things further, but I don't want to go below TLOD of 100. I was getting good performance in the past. 

On dev mode everything is in the red, and "Limited by main thread" almost there constantly. 

I appreciate we all have different systems and different sensitivities to things, but what are the obvious things I need to be looking at tweaking to try and get some enjoyment back here?  Any hacks, tweaks I may have missed while browsing the forums?

Edited by Langeveldt

If you are Beta testing SU9 then shouldn't you be reporting this to Asobo so it can be addressed, rather than trying to live with it? 

• Like 5

Either an issue with SU9 beta or your system (or your MSFS settings are just not in tune with your systems capabilities). Or some add-on in your community folder is breaking your sim.

You should be able to run AIG at 100% with FBW A32NX at payware airports without problem based on your system specs. Also try deleting Rolling Cache if you have not done so since downloiading the Beta.

Edited by RaptyrOne
  • Like 2

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

I wonder if it would be worth trying to move more load to your GPU? Seems counter productive but if you bumped up the resolution you might take some of the pressure off the CPU and the main thread in order to reduce stutters. 

• Like 1

Just got another small update to the beta. Maybe it will help.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RaptyrOne said:

You should be able to run AIG at 100% with FBW A32NX at payware airports without problem based on your system specs.

From my understanding, and testing, that will create a stutter fest. 

• Upvote 1

AIG has seemingly created bad stuttering for me in some situations with the FBW (not sure the FBW had anything to do with it, it's just what I usually fly). It was particularly severe at KATL -- FPS down around 20 and a lot of long frames, and then I closed AIGTC and it was butter smooth and the FPS more than doubled. So some combination of KATL, AIG, and/or the FBW not interacting nicely together.

I've also noticed that airports without enough parking spots can cause bad AIG-related stutters as AIGTC injects new traffic ever second or so. Payware WSSS Changi is basically unusable with AIG for this reason, for example.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, honanhal said:

AIG has seemingly created bad stuttering for me in some situations with the FBW (not sure the FBW had anything to do with it, it's just what I usually fly). It was particularly severe at KATL -- FPS down around 20 and a lot of long frames, and then I closed AIGTC and it was butter smooth and the FPS more than doubled. So some combination of KATL, AIG, and/or the FBW not interacting nicely together.

I've also noticed that airports without enough parking spots can cause bad AIG-related stutters as AIGTC injects new traffic ever second or so. Payware WSSS Changi is basically unusable with AIG for this reason, for example.

It's why I switched to using PSXT

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tangerine said:

@honanhal @Ianrivaldosmith

Hi: What is exactly AIG / PSXT ??

I have been out of MSFS2020 for a year or so.

Thx

PSXT - https://www.lekseecon.nl/

RealTraffic - https://rtweb.flyrealtraffic.com/

When using the above, you will not run AIGTC, as PSXT will inject and control models/liveries from AIG based on live data from RealTraffic.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB