Sign in to follow this  
spilok

No hotfix demands or upgrade demands!

Truesky needs to be fixed.

• Like 1

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

1 hour ago, CW46 said:

. In any other form of commercial consumer software this would never be tolerated. I don't mean to rain on the parade

Interesting. Because actually exactly those highly configurable settings are demanded by commercial consumers. And especially core configuration 

P3D runs superb without those changes already. This additional configuration options give just another extrem high level of configuration which other Plattform do not offer. But you can't compare any sim because none of the existing Plattformen can be compared. They are actually total different from each other and also aim total different customers. 

Commercial customers do need these fidelity and have spoken positive about this af the non commercial forums!

Marcus (LM Beta Tester)

• Like 4

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I agree with Marcus, tweaking is not needed with a modern cpu/gpu. It runs just fine out of the box. I don´t understand how people can try to squeeze out more nowadays. I did this for years with FSX and it was frustrating. The hardware never was good enough in these times and I´m very happy, this isn´t needed anymore. My system is loaded heavily with sceneries and AI, all sorts of aircraft and still runs fine. I investigated a lot in missing files, mostly textures, some sounds and filled the gaps. That makes Prepar3d with addons run fluidly. My core system CPU/Motherboard is from November 2018 and still doing fine at 4.9 GHz. I got the RTX3090 a year ago. A very good decision. That solved the VRAM problems before LM solved it. 

I had a lot of wishes for this sim, but LM does not listen, not here, not on their forum. They let two self constituded deputies do their work, means turn down customers. My real LM contacts in ten years in the LM forum were about 5 times. So once every two years you talk with them directly. That´s not enough, but whom am I telling this. 😉

Dan

Edited by blaunarwal
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

2 minutes ago, blaunarwal said:

I had a lot of wishes for this sim, but LM does not listen, not here, not on their forum. They let two self constituded deputies do their work, means turn down customers.

I was active on the LM forum for a long time. I've been using P3D since 2012 and still have it (v5) installed and use it from time to time. However, I quit any activity at their forum after having been chivvied by one of those two guys with "Do this, do that, next do this" like a bloody beginner.

Effectively, they block any real discussion and are a total nuisance.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 8

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I stopped going there a long time ago for this reason; you feel like a 12 year old.

Pointless and useless.

1 hour ago, pmb said:

I was active on the LM forum for a long time. I've been using P3D since 2012 and still have it (v5) installed and use it from time to time. However, I quit any activity at their forum after having been chivvied by one of those two guys with "Do this, do that, next do this" like a bloody beginner.

Kind regards, Michael

I see those two guys doing this too. They do this without LM pushing them. 

But I can assure you, LM does read almost all of the posts at their forums. They just keep staying out of the discussions because their time is very limited and the team is fully concentrated about developing. 

I myself am sometimes frustrated not getting answers to my questions. But most of the time, there is a response, in the releasenotes or feedback weeks later, mostly with a "we have fixed this in the next drop" answer.  

I would like to see more happening on the visual side. But when you look at the latest presentation from LM at Flightsim expo, you hear the lead  saying, they are NOT ALLOWED BY MS to implement things which do "look to gamish". Means, the purpose of the Plattform is and should be training and not to much visual quality.

It's a MS limitation which LM agreed on. If they intend to get to good looking sim, then MS will probably retract from the contract. MS did have always kept some room for coming back to the market with a "simulator". 

M.

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, pmb said:

Kind regards, Michael

I agree. i no longer go to the P3D forum for the same reason.

Greg

• Like 1

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

6 hours ago, mpo910 said:

I see those two guys doing this too. They do this without LM pushing them. 

But I can assure you, LM does read almost all of the posts at their forums. They just keep staying out of the discussions because their time is very limited and the team is fully concentrated about developing. 

I myself am sometimes frustrated not getting answers to my questions. But most of the time, there is a response, in the releasenotes or feedback weeks later, mostly with a "we have fixed this in the next drop" answer.  

I would like to see more happening on the visual side. But when you look at the latest presentation from LM at Flightsim expo, you hear the lead  saying, they are NOT ALLOWED BY MS to implement things which do "look to gamish". Means, the purpose of the Plattform is and should be training and not to much visual quality.

It's a MS limitation which LM agreed on. If they intend to get to good looking sim, then MS will probably retract from the contract. MS did have always kept some room for coming back to the market with a "simulator". 

M.

Totally agree regarding the "visual side".  I feel they will achieve a visual capability that will more than rival MSFS some day.  They probably have the tools to do it, and it will eventually happen.   I really enjoy P3dv5 right now, and it can only get beyond awesome when the scenery moves up several notches toward total reality.  LM has the expertise.

Stan

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, mpo910 said:

they are NOT ALLOWED BY MS to implement things which do "look to gamish". Means, the purpose of the Plattform is and should be training and not to much visual quality.

visual quality = gamish sounds like nonsense for me. How  would they define this?

Edited by Nemo
  • Upvote 2

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

On 4/13/2022 at 12:05 PM, Nemo said:

Release distances differ quite a bit. But I agree, that now with 5.3 we have a very good and stable platform. No need to rush into version 6.

The good thing about this simulator is that even if there is a version upgrade, we are not forced to update it. 😉

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Nemo said:

visual quality = gamish sounds like nonsense for me. How  would they define this?

I really do not know. What I wrote where words LM used. 

But I can imagine this is like a "brake" for LM to do some really nice looking stuff we are asking about. 

M.

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, mpo910 said:

I really do not know. What I wrote where words LM used. 

But I can imagine this is like a "brake" for LM to do some really nice looking stuff we are asking about. 

M.

'Gamish' is IMHO things like an achievement system. Visual fidelity is absolutely relevant to a training tool - the better the fidelity, the better the quality of training. But I can see how maybe having cloud-based scenery and servers like MSFS might be seen as a 'game platform' thing. Mass-market stuff. 

As long as P3D remains a niche product staying in its niche, I don't think MS will care if the scenery comes up to MSFS quality levels. But we can't know what conversations they have in the background and LM will never be explicit about them. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

2 hours ago, Nocturnal said:

The good thing about this simulator is that even if there is a version upgrade, we are not forced to update it. 😉

Very, very important!

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

1 hour ago, neilhewitt said:

Visual fidelity is absolutely relevant to a training tool - the better the fidelity, the better the quality of training. But I can see how maybe having cloud-based scenery and servers like MSFS might be seen as a 'game platform' thing. Mass-market stuff. 

This is a real world Hawk pilot flying the Mach Loop in mid-Wales in the other sim.

For the uninitiated this is a flight path in the Welsh mountains - a regular training area for U.K. and US military pilots. You couldn’t get close to this with the default scenery in P3Dv5.

If LM want to provide a better training environment for their customers this appears ideal

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

22 hours ago, CW46 said:

If XP12 were to be released tomorrow I would purchase it over another version of P3D. Having purchased V3, V4, and V5, progress has occurred at an absolute snail's pace. I was so frustrated with the 5.3 release with stuttering with the CTD issue I purchased and installed XP11 for a breath of fresh air. V5.3 runs well after the latest HF but my enthusiasm for P3D has waned. When you purchase a professional version of the software you expect it to be fully tested before being released. Would anyone buy financial, word processing, photo imaging software etc. and expect to get under the hood and mess with things like "affinity mask settings" or .config whatever to make it work on your system. In any other form of commercial consumer software this would never be tolerated. I don't mean to rain on the parade, but each version release brings the same old story. 

Edited by IanHarrison
Deleted. Already mentioned.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.