Sign in to follow this  
spilok

No hotfix demands or upgrade demands!

Chapstick - there's the nub - They won't is my honest view, they have all (well mostly but not all) made business decisions to go MS (and not without good reason for reasons of business survival). I might add that I have a Professional License not an Academic license and what I get is a very different product to most amateur users - there is a lot of extra functionality built in. The other issue is variety - military or commercial users have very limited vehicle fleets (some only one or two types - discounting the US of course) so they don't need nor want to see their favourite vehicle in the sim they are happy to have a simulator rendition of the type(s) they use! We also forget that the major aerospace manufacturers are more than capable and they do provide simulator systems and flight training programs to the buyer of their aircraft and integrate that model with LMs P3D or simply get a developer like say MILVIZ or A2A to do if for them. 

We will have to rely on skilled hobbiest and amateurs (same as in FSX days) to come up with good stuff or interesting new creations and that is still happening here and there - no shortage of good scenery still being done and the occasional aircraft model (have a look at the recent freeware Focke Wuilf Condor to get an idea). Commercial developers cannot survive on the P3D sales volume simple, they have all told us that which is why they have gone to MSFS - whether they will get the big dump off from MS only time will tell, my gut feeling is yes they will because at some point the beancounters at MS will say ah the margins are too thin, the sales have gone south, can it!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Bob Scott said:

I think the whole point of the OP's original post is precisely that we do not find ourselves desperately wanting for an update--that the sim is in pretty good shape now.  I would agree with that.  Before someone goes and tries to put words in my mouth that I'm saying there's no need for any further improvement ever, no, I'm not saying that at all--there's always room to improve.  But, as one of my early military bosses once drilled into us: "perfect is the enemy of good enough."  I can comfortably say that P3D has reached the point of "good enough" to where I can conduct a profile worthy of professional training from initial flight planning all the way to shut-down without any significant compromise. 

Yes. Exactly.  Thank you for saying it so well.  I, too, welcome improvements and innovations from LM for P3d in the future.  Without progress, stagnation exists and festers. I've always believed..."If it ain't broke, BREAK IT!"  After all, if things stayed the same, we'd still be riding in buggies pulled by horses.  But as of today...April 14, 2022, I am extremely happy with my continuous and successful flights with P3dv5.3+.

Stan

• Like 3

"For the uninitiated this is a flight path in the Welsh mountains".

Ray,

If you wouldn't mind. Where is the airfield? I can't read the map shown as the airport code is obscured.

Thanks

Ian

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

The red dot on the map is EGOV RAF Valley

The runway to the right of it is EGOQ RAF Mona

The blue dot to the south of RAF Valley is EGCK Caernarfon

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

The red dot on the map is EGOV RAF Valley

The runway to the right of it is EGOQ RAF Mona

The blue dot to the south of RAF Valley is EGCK Caernarfon

Super, Thanks Chris.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Well OFT but I have a very good Hawk somewhere's - might drag it out - go and do some time trials around the Welsh Hills (see how it looks in P3D for my own interest). I did this comparison before in the Torres Straight in Australia based on a MSFS video - P3D and ORBX won hands down! Not my favourite aeroplane the Hawk - maybe a Hunter instead!

11 hours ago, spilok said:

After all, if things stayed the same, we'd still be riding in buggies pulled by horses.

If we were still riding in buggies pulled by horses, we wouldn’t be in the position we are today. 😊

1 hour ago, newtie said:

If we were still riding in buggies pulled by horses, we wouldn’t be in the position we are today. 😊

Back then if you lived to sixty you would be ancient indeed.

Vic green

2 hours ago, newtie said:

That can be taken either way. Good or bad.

5 hours ago, newtie said:

HA!  The only "Gas" problem we would have would be from the back end of the horse!

Stan

• Like 2

9 hours ago, newtie said:

Wait...How do you guys get to the golf course if you no longer have a horse and buggy. I took a long lap this afternoon did I miss something??👽

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

There are couple of small issues with EA sky that would be happy to see addressed. First an addition of some sort of ambient ligting from the sun to simulate pre/post dawn/dusk lighting, as currently during dusk/dawn it remains unrealisticaly dark as to difficult to see ground detail even though sun is out, and immidiately full night level dark when the sun is just below horizon. This could perhaps also address the issue of dark cockpit as well. Second, was having weird experience with sun/moon size which looked sometimes fine and other times fantasy big to realize the size is depending on position from horizon where it is bigger, perhaps to simulate the moon illusion? Would like to see this unrealstic aesthetic removed.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, coastaldriver said:

Well OFT but I have a very good Hawk somewhere's - might drag it out - go and do some time trials around the Welsh Hills (see how it looks in P3D for my own interest). I did this comparison before in the Torres Straight in Australia based on a MSFS video - P3D and ORBX won hands down! Not my favourite aeroplane the Hawk - maybe a Hunter instead!

• Like 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Looking at this and studying up on the area ( I am an Aussie never been to this part of Wales) might be worth a thread in its own right. 

7 minutes ago, coastaldriver said:

Looking at this and studying up on the area ( I am an Aussie never been to this part of Wales) might be worth a thread in its own right. 

Live an hour or so down the road, but never actually been to watch!

• Like 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png