Sign in to follow this  
Samaritano

iFly 737MAX in development

Wow, beautiful!

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

Nice to see this 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

11 hours ago, Samaritano said:

Not sure if you need to log in to view the progress of the aircraft.

iFly737MAX

Long way to go  😉 nice to see the first VC wire frame shots!

André

While I don´t like too much the actual MAX, I'll buy it. I hope it doesn't end up being so expensive. Is it me, or is this the first time iFly shows anything so early in development?

I remember when they did their 747v2 (I purchased it in Day 2), they started already showing VC shots.

Edited by Luis Hernandez

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Anything on whether they plan to use external coding outside of the sim for things like ground friction, engine behaviour, etc.?

• Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

4 hours ago, Luis Hernandez said:

While I don´t like too much the actual MAX, I'll buy it. I hope it doesn't end up being so expensive. Is it me, or is this the first time iFly shows anything so early in development?

I remember when they did their 747v2 (I purchased it in Day 2), they started already showing VC shots.

If their past track record on product pricing is anything to go by they are very reasonable.

• Like 1

Cheers

Steve Hall

What is quality like compared to PMDG/FSLabs?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

4 hours ago, BWBriscoe said:

What is quality like compared to PMDG/FSLabs?

I had the version prior to the one they just released for V5.  I thought the quality was good.  A little less than those two.  But on level of something like the QW787.  I returned it within the free return window and bought the PMDG 737 instead.  Reason was way more paints were out there for the pmdg.  I will absolutely buy the iFly max.  I really hope they sell it as a stand alone product.  I have no desire to buy another 737 when I already have the NGXu

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

7 hours ago, Ilari Kousa said:

It's just them trying to beat PMDG to market!

I hope they do. It’s going to quite some time before PMDG focuses back to PD3V5 if ever again.

• Like 3

Vic green

On 4/14/2022 at 8:53 AM, micstatic said:

I had the version prior to the one they just released for V5.  I thought the quality was good.  A little less than those two.  But on level of something like the QW787.  I returned it within the free return window and bought the PMDG 737 instead.  Reason was way more paints were out there for the pmdg.  I will absolutely buy the iFly max.  I really hope they sell it as a stand alone product.  I have no desire to buy another 737 when I already have the NGXu

Way over QW and CS level I'd say, at least it came with most failure models about correct.

Ground and Flight dynamics are not as good as those use custom codes, but is about good as standard P3D could do, and while not 100% accurate, hand flying is very well tuned.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Even a static die cast model is way over CS level these days.

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 hours ago, C2615 said:

Way over QW and CS level I'd say, at least it came with most failure models about correct.

Ground and Flight dynamics are not as good as those use custom codes, but is about good as standard P3D could do, and while not 100% accurate, hand flying is very well tuned.

Fair points.  Also missing true glass for precip type effects. 

New development screenshots of the iFly Max. It is looking great so far. 
Check the link in first post. 

• Like 2