Sign in to follow this  
User4355

AAO Streamdeck Plugin unable to connect to webapi,..

Hi,

Everything was working perfect until I upgrade the AAO Steamdeck Plugin and the Lorbysi AAO to latest ver.

Setup:

- win10  / MSFS

- Steamdeck XL, v5.2.1.15025

- Lorby Steamdeck plugin v9.03.

- Lorby sw run as "admin" and current version is v2.28 b18.

I am following the "AxisAndOhs_WebAPI_Troubleshooting" but have a quick q, when to test this wepapi port I only need to start/run Steamdeck sw and then open a

web browser and run feks this command http://localhost:9080/webapi?dev=1&chn=5&btn=4  right ?   (No need to run Lorby AAO yet right or ?)

My Problem:

- If I do this above, meaning pasting in the command into a browser it "fails" will error msg «Unable to connect, can’t establish a connection to the server at localhost:9080".

To Info:

- Have triple checked this port is not in use by other sw, verified by netstat & tcpview.

- Followed the manual step by step,

- Tried to reinstall both the "Lorby Steamdeck plugin" and "Lorby AxisAndOhs", 2 times.

- I try to run as little sw as possible to diag further, and advice very apricated.

- Even if I try to run both Lorby steamdeck plugin(Steamdeck sw) and Lorby AAO it fails all times with error msg described in "My Problem".

- Tried to change the

Lorby plugin file "settings.js" to both "myIP / 127.0.0.1 and localhost / with Steamdeck shutdown and start (no close and open).

Even tried to restart win10 between each change!

Would also be nice if possible for someone to explain how all the "sw" hangs together or connected togheter, MSFS / Lorby AAO / Steamdeck plugin and so on, Sorry

but struggling to get the "clear view" 🙂 .... (maybe a little drawing like a "diagram" would make it much easier to understand 🙂 )

Thanks in Advanced

Brgds

S.O

Edited by User4355

Brgds

Søren Olsen

PMDG 737NGX -800/900 basepack (P3D)

PMDG 737NGX -800/900 basepack and PMDG 737NGX -600/700 (FSX)

PMDG Jetstream 41 turboprop (FSX)

1 hour ago, User4355 said:

- Have triple checked this port is not in use by other sw, verified by netstat & tcpview.

Change the port anyway. Those tools do not reveal all conflicts. Use 6080 or thereabouts. Port must be changed in AAO and in the Plugin. After that the Elgato software must be shut down with the context menu that you get by right-clicking on the StreamDeck symbol in the system tray. Then it must be restarted from the Windows start menu. Just closing and reopening the app window is not good enough. When in doubt, restart your computer.

(No need to run Lorby AAO yet right or ?)

Wrong. AAO must always be running. The WebAPI is part of AAO, and the address you put in your browser is the address of that web service. The StreamDeck plugin is just a client that also wants to access that web service.

Would also be nice if possible for someone to explain how all the "sw" hangs together or connected togheter, MSFS / Lorby AAO / Steamdeck plugin and so on,

The Elgato StreamDeck software is essentially a web browser (for the other buttons too). The AAO StreamDeck Plugin is a web service client that wants to access a web service from AAO, it is running embedded in that fake browser process. 

AAO is the core element. It's primary purpose is flight controller and button management. But it also has a web based API, the aforementioned web service, that other applications can use to talk to the simulator, for example the "Bridge" programs. The AAO StreamDeck plugin is one example of how the WebAPI can be used. It is just an example, nothing more, and the plugin is not part of the AAO retail package. There are alternative solutions out there for the StreamDeck that may or may not use the AAO WebAPI. And anybody can write clients, in any language they like, that access the AAO WebAPI to do whatever they like in the simulator.

Finally. AAO is the part that is talking to the simulator - and it is the only part in this construct that actually communicates with the sim.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Btw. what is the actual problem with the StreamDeck plugin? 

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Hi,

Thanks so much so fare,

Sorry 🙂...yes my actual problem is that non of my "Steamdeck profiles"  works anymore, Meaning when I press one of the button on my steamdeck, for

example > press "Parking" or "Batt" button on my Steamdeck XL nothing happens in my 172.

After all testing for/back++ time consuming :-), ...was thinking it make no sense to start MSFS as long the wepapi "test"(browser command not working) or will this be wrong?

And if understand correctly AAO is a actual kind of webserver which then the plugin is accessing right?

Brgds

S.O

Edited by User4355

Brgds

Søren Olsen

31 minutes ago, User4355 said:

And if understand correctly AAO is a actual kind of webserver which then the plugin is accessing right?

Yes. Not only kind of, it is running two web servers inside. But the purpose of AAO is a different one, the web servers are only there because it seemed like a good idea to provide a feature like this...

The SD plugin wants to send XmlHttpRequests to one of the web servers. You can test the other with Gauges->WebFIPs: open the WebFips dialog, add a gauge to it and doubleclick on the IP address at the top. That should open a web browser window that displays the gauge.

What exactly is happening on the SD? Are the little gauges also dead or are they showing values? Are only some buttons not working or none at all? Naturally, none of this will work when AAO or the sim are not active. Both must be running and you must be sitting in the cockpit. In the AAO actions on the StreamDeck there is a "Connection" button. When you drag this on the StreamDeck (just create a new empty profile) it will show you if the web requests are actually being answered by AAO (green light) or not (dark).

If the connection is generally there and only some buttons don't work, check if "lorbysi-content-hooks" is still in your MSFS Community folder. 

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Hi,

ah okay understand, starts to see some lights :-), ...

- Are the little gauges also dead or are they showing values?                          -->     Yes they are all "dead" ->no values.

- Are only some buttons not working or none at all?                                         --> none at all.

- In the AAO actions on the StreamDeck there is a "Connection" button           --> you  mean a "Reset Conenction" button ?    (do not have any "connection button")

- check if "lorbysi-content-hooks" is still in your MSFS Community folder.        -->  Yes its there v1.3 as fare I can see.

🙂

Brgds

S.O

Edited by User4355

Brgds

Søren Olsen

OK, so it probably is the web connection after all. Change the port, as described in the troubleshooting guide. Use 6080-ish on both ends, SD and AAO.

If all fails, test the WebFIPs, and if they work, ues the same IP-address in the SD plugin settings.js (be careful, WebAPI is on a different port than WebFIPs - only copy&paste the IP address, not the port)

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Hi,

Unable to get the WebFIP to work, when I start to enable / change or add gauge to the  WebFIP" meny,... hole Lorby AAO just "crash" or "end/quit".... So I then need

to restart the AAO again please advice ?

And if I check the url for the WebFIPs it just empty, assume this not normal, I also discovered if I click in the url field(WebFIP windu) AAO seems to end/crash and I need to restart AAO.

See pciture here

https://rushfiles.one/client/publiclink.aspx?id=IVMNjUPSxX

Brgds

S.O

Edited by User4355

Brgds

Søren Olsen

using WIN10, FSX-SE, Streamdeck (with AAO plugin) , AAO version 2_28_b18, X-touch mini. Installed AAO, enabled web api on new port (not using 9080) made the change in settings.js file and allowed AAO software through the firewall.

Fired up all the software after loading FSX. AAO sees FSX (the loaded aircraft name is shown in the title bar). I was able to assign a rotary knob (Right Turn) to Kohlsman Incr (as a test). I turn the button but nothing happens. Tried everything in the webapi troubleshooting guide but no luck. AAO is connected to the sim but the assigned buttons don't work. Even the buttons using the AAO plugin on the streamdeck don't work. I am out of ideas. Any advice?

2 hours ago, User4355 said:

And if I check the url for the WebFIPs it just empty, assume this not normal,

You have to add an instrument first, using the "+" button... same as with the Axis and Buttons on the main dialog.

Please make sure to read the manual too.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

2 hours ago, User4355 said:

change or add gauge to the  WebFIP" meny,... hole Lorby AAO just "crash" or "end/quit"

Sorry, I don't know about that. WebFIPs are working perfectly fine here and apparently everywhere else. Did you download additional user gauges at some point that my not be compatible?

But in all honesty, I would suggest that you just uninstall AAO and delete all related files. You seem to have thoroughly messed up the entire thing somehow.

1. Uninstall the AAO app
  2. Delete "\Documents\AxisAndOhs Files"
  3. Delete "C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\LWR"
  4. Make a backup copy, then delete "C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\LORBY_SI\LorbyAxisAndOhsMSFS"
  5. Check and possibly delete "C:\Program Files\LorbyAxisAndOhs_MSFS"

Then start again fresh. 

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Hi,

yes seems something is really wrong here!.., unable to add gauge as well..will uninstall/clean up and try again 🙂

- No, have never used WebFIP so not downloaded any addtional gauges.

Thanks so fare

Brgds

S.

Edited by User4355

Brgds

Søren Olsen

Hi,

Now tried to reinstall/and cleanup as descibed above and seems like a huge step forward 🙂 🙂🙂, now the webfip work fine and there is also a url in the url-field :-), and desktop FIP`s which

I have never used also now works(didnt work before when tried this just for testing). So for sure some has change after deinstall / cleanup.

Anyhow, now it seems when I run the MSFS / AAO(as admin of cause) and Steamdeck that my steamdeck can get the feedback/values from the switch`s in the cookpit, meaning when I for exsample

press the "seat belt" sw in MSFS the Icon on my Steamdeck update with new status, but If I press the switch("seat belt") on my steamdeck nothing happends in MSFS. Seems to be same behavior for all switchs. (kind of one way communication, chould it be some firewall issue?).

To info,

Now tried 3 different ports with full reboot of win10 between each change, still same behavior...

Please advice

Thanks so fare

Brgds

S.

Edited by User4355

Brgds

Søren Olsen

3 hours ago, User4355 said:

that my steamdeck can get the feedback/values from the switch`s in the cookpit,

Make sure that the package "lorbysi-content-hooks" is in your Community folder.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI