Sign in to follow this  
sholay

Aerosoft 50% sale on their webpage

On 4/15/2022 at 4:53 PM, VitaminA330 said:

Yeah. Maybe they finally understood that even the P3d folks are making their decisions based on price (reduction), and not just by "what they just need and want to have", as they claimed in the past.

Or maybe it's just that we don't want to pay P3D prices but MSFS prices for P3D addons...

On 4/15/2022 at 4:34 AM, Nurmblitz said:

Good prices, set my eyes on DC-8 but limited to P3D4. On Aerosoft forum somebody said it is possible to get into 5 but gave no hint how. 

How is the DC-8? That $15 price looks tempting, but the lack of liveries is a bit concerning: just 7 included, 18 at Aerosoft and 3 here...

• Like 1

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

1 hour ago, Luis Hernandez said:

How is the DC-8? That $15 price looks tempting, but the lack of liveries is a bit concerning: just 7 included, 18 at Aerosoft and 3 here...

It was my favourite jet when I still used P3D. Very good system modelling, at $15 it is worth the price for the CIVA INS alone. It is a very different experience from modern jets. 

On 4/16/2022 at 2:59 PM, tktheo93 said:

Until the 18th. 

thanks

signCopy.jpg

On 4/16/2022 at 3:59 PM, tktheo93 said:

Until the 18th. 

At  what time? It's 19:41 here (2241z) and I can no longer see the discount. I could see it this morning.

In the meantime, I emailed them. Hope they can honor the discount for this plane...

Edited by Luis Hernandez

Best regards,

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

21 hours ago, keithb77 said:

I bought the DC8, it installs into a C:\P3D4 Addons folder, I copied the "Aerosoft DC8" folder from there into my own P3Dv5 addons folder and added an entry to add-ons.cfg in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5. But there are probably several ways you could do it.
In the panels folder I editted asc.cfg to use a full path for
wavdir=F:\FS\P3Dv5_Addons\Aerosoft DC8\SimObjects\Airplanes\DC-8_50\Panel\PanelSounds
but I seem to have to do that for all aerosoft aircraft.

I did ignore the install of Trueglass as I know that can cause problems, and the install of XMLtools failed - both to be looked into but it works fine already 🙂

Cheers
Keith

I downloaded those tools from Milviz and they installed fine. I don't know if the DC-8 finds it. I didn't fly it but it seems to respond. 

I hope that this sale achieves two things:

1) more Aerosoft -50 % sales

2) Some life for P3D from Aerosoft. Perhaps they still realize that there is a  market for their products in p3dv4-5.

Happy flying! 

• Upvote 1

On 4/18/2022 at 7:42 PM, Luis Hernandez said:

In the meantime, I emailed them. Hope they can honor the discount for this plane...

I've just received a reply from them. They didn´t honor the discount. Shame on them...

Best regards,

On 4/19/2022 at 7:42 AM, Nurmblitz said:

I downloaded those tools from Milviz and they installed fine. I don't know if the DC-8 finds it. I didn't fly it but it seems to respond. 

I believe you need XMLTools64.dll in your P3D root folder, otherwise the load manager doesn't work properly.

1) more Aerosoft -50 % sales

2) Some life for P3D from Aerosoft. Perhaps they still realize that there is a  market for their products in p3dv4-5.

I suspect those points are contradictory - the 50% sale is BECAUSE there is little market for P3D addons, as indicated by several significant developers stopping P3D development and making their P3D products free...so expect more sales and fewer new products...

4 hours ago, keithb77 said:

I believe you need XMLTools64.dll in your P3D root folder, otherwise the load manager doesn't work properly.

Tested, it works. As a positive side effect Milviz updates via MVAMS started to work too.

18 hours ago, keithb77 said:

I suspect those points are contradictory - the 50% sale is BECAUSE there is little market for P3D addons, as indicated by several significant developers stopping P3D development and making their P3D products free...so expect more sales and fewer new products...

That can be the case yes. However, MSFS is not as excellent as it should be. It is a hyped sim, but once those gamers move on to the next Xbox game, the market will shrink. P3D has a future, or at least I want to believe it has. 🙂

Maybe true. And Aerosoft has been one of those developers/publishers, that extremly hyped the new sim and praised them to heaven. And in this case, they suddenly talked P3d nearly dead for their "suddenly" bad EULA, for the missing real weather and old nav database, ... 5 years ago, they praised P3d v4 to be THE simulator of the future. I'm really neutral and I do have both sims, but I catch myself spending 99% of the time at P3d, because it can simply do many things better than MSFS, and still looks good enough.

On the other hand, we must say that Aerosoft has never been the one that produced high-end (some call them "study-level") aircraft and sceneries, but more a bit easier to use addons for the "masses", not for the hardcore simmer - with a few exeptions. And this again fits better to the thought of MSFS than for example the FSL or PMDG philosophy.

But still I hope they see that the price DOES matter for P3d addons (now more than ever), and that it's not only the rich people who buy everything at any price, but that it's also the average simmer who wants to have a stable, easy to use sim.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Regards, Dominik

Well, Aerosoft is official distributor for MSFS here in Europe, so this is their best interest.

Their manager - Matthijis - was pretty open about discounting P3D addons. He wrote some time ago that their research shows that P3D users are moving out or at least ceased buying new stuff. So, those few who stick with P3D for life would buy legacy addons anyway, those not interested would not buy at all.

I hope this sale proved him wrong 😉 because I am only using MSFS for VFR and sightseeing. I am missing too many things there to leave P3D which now is at its best with all the addons I got over years and years.

&

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

ugcx_banner.png

5 hours ago, sholay said:

He wrote some time ago that their research shows that P3D users are moving out or at least ceased buying new stuff. So, those few who stick with P3D for life would buy legacy addons anyway, those not interested would not buy at all.

Yes, I believe him in this position. But let's say it like this: While other developers like Drezewiecki, Flightbeam, FSDT, Digital Design, ORBX,.... produced top notch sceneries and regulary provided 30-50% discounts, while Aerosoft provided max. 25%, but rather 20% on mostly very mid class sceneries (of which quite some have never been made compatible with P3d v4), guess where P3d folks rather buy their addons - unless it's an airport that only Aerosoft offered, or if it was made by one of their top designers like Jo Erlend Sund or FSDG. Similar thing with aircraft.

I also hope he was proven wrong in this matter, while for quite some other developers, the P3d thing seems to have worked out better and longer anyhow.

I wish them good luck with MSFS, and I hope that some day finally a good view addon like ChasePlane may find its way there. Then, I could slooooowly think of switching parts of the simulation experiences there.

• Upvote 1

Regards, Dominik

17 hours ago, sholay said:

...their research shows that P3D users are moving out or at least ceased buying new stuff. So, those few who stick with P3D for life would buy legacy addons anyway, those not interested would not buy at all.

I hope this sale proved him wrong 😉 because I am only using MSFS for VFR and sightseeing. I am missing too many things there to leave P3D which now is at its best with all the addons I got over years and years.

I've got a similar stance regarding MSFS and P3D. Thought MSFS was great when it initially released and stopped buying all FSX/P3D/XP11 add-ons. But after a year or so I started losing interest in MSFS, mainly due to the lack of a flyby view, but the huge start-up time, inability to change aircraft on-the-fly and a few other things are also frustrating me.

So I've gone back to FSX/P3D/XP11, but need huge incentive to buy any more add-ons there. I haven't been a big buyer of Aerosoft before, due to their miserly small discounts, but at the recent (first ever?) 50% off I bought their F-14 Tomcat, which had been on my wish-list for a very long time, but always too expensive. At +50% discount I can be persuaded, but it needs to be a high quality add-on and in the $10-20 range, otherwise no-go.

• Like 2

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit