Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Best freeware aircraft ?...

I downlaoded a few freeware aircraft from the .Org library, including a Khansim T-6, a Metroliner III, the  C90 JongePionier Evolution and an Aerostar by AeroSphereSimulations.

All great - having a really nice time learning each one !

Wonder if you can suggest any other XP11 freeware aircraft ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Yes, I like the Zlin Z-242L from the org library, a five star masterpiece.

• Like 1

Alexander Colka

You also got the: 

Keep in mind than you will find more mods about each one of them in the Xplane download store made by the community with QoL (Avitab, etc)

Edited by tangerine
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

... and some great helicopters, like the (in no particular order, they are all payware quality)

Bell429, OH-58D Kiowa, Bell 47G-2, EC135, H145,

and probably many more.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

And if the developer gets over the bad reports. He removed last version. But it was really good till than. Hope he comes back

Lear 35

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Janov said:

... and some great helicopters, like the (in no particular order, they are all payware quality)

Bell429, OH-58D Kiowa, Bell 47G-2, EC135, H145,

and probably many more.

MD-500D...

• Like 1

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

On 4/15/2022 at 11:40 AM, mjrhealth said:

And if the developer gets over the bad reports. He removed last version. But it was really good till than. Hope he comes back

Lear 35

Russian spam bots...he should not care.

2 hours ago, Mike44 said:

Russian spam bots...he should not care.

That was not the cause. The scripts used by the aircraft made XP crash on some Windows systems and the developer could not find out why and subsequently lost motivation.

Oh well if you're sure... I don't have that plane nor didn't follow the discussion. Usually scripts work or don't.

Edited by Mike44

Not free ware but rather an OEM included with XP11 aircraft....

The Beech King Air C90B. I flew one from 2010-2015* - the first years with an identical panel as to what comes with XP11 then the last couple of years with the G1000 with just about every option box known to man checked off - including XM radio. * at the end of my career 90% of the time was in the office but I was able to fly the C90B when I needed to go somewhere.

A couple years ago when I was totally fed up with P3d CTD (my experience at the time) I decided to download the XP demo and was blown away how good the C90B was. Still very pleased with XP. Can't say much about the rest of the XP OEM aircraft as I don't use them  but as free ware/ included aircraft this C90B is very good. They got the engine modelling great as on a warm day the -21 can be quite temp limited etc. The OEM G530 is pretty good too.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, dbw1 said:

Not free ware but rather an OEM included with XP11 aircraft....

The Beech King Air C90B. I flew one from 2010-2015* - the first years with an identical panel as to what comes with XP11 then the last couple of years with the G1000 with just about every option box known to man checked off - including XM radio. * at the end of my career 90% of the time was in the office but I was able to fly the C90B when I needed to go somewhere.

A couple years ago when I was totally fed up with P3d CTD (my experience at the time) I decided to download the XP demo and was blown away how good the C90B was. Still very pleased with XP. Can't say much about the rest of the XP OEM aircraft as I don't use them  but as free ware/ included aircraft this C90B is very good. They got the engine modelling great as on a warm day the -21 can be quite temp limited etc. The OEM G530 is pretty good too.

Thank you @dbw1.

I guess I also found a MOD of the default C90 which adds winglets and a few more bells & whistles - Kingair C90B JongePionier Evolution

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

BTW, it's worth to bookmark @uncertifiedpilot:

Getting Instrument Rated in flight simulator | uncertifiedpilot.com

His videos are really worth the watch and his essays on flight simulation and real flying really worth the read.

Main Simulation Rig:

23 hours ago, Mike44 said:

Oh well if you're sure... I don't have that plane nor didn't follow the discussion. Usually scripts work or don't.

I followed the development and discussion closely.

Edited by Bjoern

Maybe some C++ pointers. You know they get paid to make troubles...was in the TV some days ago.