Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Best freeware aircraft ?...

Recommended Posts

I downlaoded a few freeware aircraft from the .Org library, including a Khansim T-6, a Metroliner III, the  C90 JongePionier Evolution and an Aerostar by AeroSphereSimulations.

All great - having a really nice time learning each one !

Wonder if you can suggest any other XP11 freeware aircraft ?

 


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I like the Zlin Z-242L from the org library, a five star masterpiece.

  • Like 1

Alexander Colka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

You also got the: 

Keep in mind than you will find more mods about each one of them in the Xplane download store made by the community with QoL (Avitab, etc)

Edited by tangerine
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

... and some great helicopters, like the (in no particular order, they are all payware quality)

Bell429, OH-58D Kiowa, Bell 47G-2, EC135, H145,

and probably many more.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And if the developer gets over the bad reports. He removed last version. But it was really good till than. Hope he comes back

Lear 35

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Janov said:

... and some great helicopters, like the (in no particular order, they are all payware quality)

Bell429, OH-58D Kiowa, Bell 47G-2, EC135, H145,

and probably many more.

MD-500D...

  • Like 1

5800X + 6900 XT + 32 GB + Linux/Win10 | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
awful (FSX) add-ons for awful people

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2022 at 11:40 AM, mjrhealth said:

And if the developer gets over the bad reports. He removed last version. But it was really good till than. Hope he comes back

Lear 35

Russian spam bots...he should not care.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mike44 said:

Russian spam bots...he should not care.

That was not the cause. The scripts used by the aircraft made XP crash on some Windows systems and the developer could not find out why and subsequently lost motivation.


5800X + 6900 XT + 32 GB + Linux/Win10 | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
awful (FSX) add-ons for awful people

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Oh well if you're sure... I don't have that plane nor didn't follow the discussion. Usually scripts work or don't.

Edited by Mike44

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not free ware but rather an OEM included with XP11 aircraft....

The Beech King Air C90B. I flew one from 2010-2015* - the first years with an identical panel as to what comes with XP11 then the last couple of years with the G1000 with just about every option box known to man checked off - including XM radio. * at the end of my career 90% of the time was in the office but I was able to fly the C90B when I needed to go somewhere.

A couple years ago when I was totally fed up with P3d CTD (my experience at the time) I decided to download the XP demo and was blown away how good the C90B was. Still very pleased with XP. Can't say much about the rest of the XP OEM aircraft as I don't use them  but as free ware/ included aircraft this C90B is very good. They got the engine modelling great as on a warm day the -21 can be quite temp limited etc. The OEM G530 is pretty good too.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dbw1 said:

Not free ware but rather an OEM included with XP11 aircraft....

The Beech King Air C90B. I flew one from 2010-2015* - the first years with an identical panel as to what comes with XP11 then the last couple of years with the G1000 with just about every option box known to man checked off - including XM radio. * at the end of my career 90% of the time was in the office but I was able to fly the C90B when I needed to go somewhere.

A couple years ago when I was totally fed up with P3d CTD (my experience at the time) I decided to download the XP demo and was blown away how good the C90B was. Still very pleased with XP. Can't say much about the rest of the XP OEM aircraft as I don't use them  but as free ware/ included aircraft this C90B is very good. They got the engine modelling great as on a warm day the -21 can be quite temp limited etc. The OEM G530 is pretty good too.

Thank you @dbw1.

I guess I also found a MOD of the default C90 which adds winglets and a few more bells & whistles - Kingair C90B JongePionier Evolution

  • Like 1

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Mike44 said:

Oh well if you're sure... I don't have that plane nor didn't follow the discussion. Usually scripts work or don't.

I followed the development and discussion closely.

Edited by Bjoern

5800X + 6900 XT + 32 GB + Linux/Win10 | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
awful (FSX) add-ons for awful people

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe some C++ pointers. You know they get paid to make troubles...was in the TV some days ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...