Sign in to follow this  
birdguy

Saying Goodbye

The time has come, the Walrus said, to talk of many things: Of shoes — and ships — and sealing-wax — Of cabbages — and kings — And why the sea is boiling hot — And whether pigs have wings.  And of goodbyes.

I've been on a two week vacation.  I didn't go anywhere but the weather has been nice here, although a bit windy.
I got the walker out of the garage and took some walks in the park.

After 11 years, 3290 posts (and 2691 likes) it's time to bow out.  It's time to say goodbye.

I've made some friends here, and many acquaintances. I may have riled some of you and if I have I'm sorry for that.

Dugald, Doug, Charlie, Matthew, Fielder, Dave, Rob and the rest of you.  It's been fun.  And Martin, my favorite Gurnsey Islander, arguing with you was a hoot.

And Fr Bill, thanks for clearing up that theological point I had in our PM exchange.

I'll be lurking around from time to time just to see what you guys are talking about But I won't be joining in.

Noel
  • Like 18
  • Upvote 1

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

Hello Noel,

that is very sad. I always enjoyed the many conversations you have started here and hope that you will still write from time to time.

Best Wishes,

Peter

• Like 1

Hello Noel,

Actually sad to hear that. I have always enjoyed your posts here in the forum!

Do take care, 

• Like 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

It has been a blast Noel. You will always be one of the good guys and I will miss you every time I come hear. God willing you will find your way back someday. With all my heart I hope so…..Doug

• Like 2

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Sorry to hear the news Noel  We will keep her going here.Please stop in and say hello within time.  I'm going to miss your stories along with your humor.   Paul

Hello Noel,

Like all the previous comments, I add my two pence to say how sadly you will be missed.

May I offer you a genuine heartfelt thank you for all your facinating stories that you have supplied us with.

All the very best to you and Betty for the years ahead Noel.

Phil

2 hours ago, birdguy said:

And Martin, my favorite Gurnsey Islander, arguing with you was a hoot.

But, but, but... how will I exercise my neurons? I suppose I'll have to play more chess then. 

• Like 2

Take good care of yourself sir. Keep the sunny side up!

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

Noel - I hope you're not too serious.  Hangar Chat would easily be one third less interesting without your thinking out loud in written form.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

2 hours ago, birdguy said:

It's time to say goodbye.

I'm sorry to hear that.  I hope you'll change your mind and participate every now and then.

Dave

• Like 1

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

Hi Noel,

Sorry to hear you go I have enjoyed your posts and your grumpy stubbornness mixed with a sense of humor, going all the way back to that ORBX controversy and the transition over to this Forum. In the end this AVSIM Forum has been a great forum and welcoming, and even Tom Allensworth showed you a lot of support when you started out here as well. I have enjoyed my morning Coffee's (and tea) with you, learned a lot from you, shared your jokes and things I've learned from you with others I interact with in my regular life.

In New Zealand the Māori word to best describe this is Whānau, and the definition of that is; extended family, family group, a familiar term of address to a number of people - the primary economic unit of traditional Māori society. In the modern context the term is sometimes used to include friends who may not have any kinship ties to other members. 

Noel you have been a very big part of this Whānau we have on here at AVSIM, this forum won't be the same without you and I wish you the best for you and your family. 

Cheers
Matthew

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Matthew Kane

Goodbye good  luck and I wish you were not going.

Harry Woodrow

😢  Sorry to hear that you will no longer be participating in the forums, Birdguy.   I, too, found so many of your stories fascinating to read.  It is true what they say, all good things must come to an end.  😥

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

You're a forum junkie Noel so I don't believe for one minute this is 'Goodbye'. Look forward to your next post. Just given you another 'Like'. 🙂

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.