Sign in to follow this  
Rogen

Orbx Terra Flora V2 updated

Hi Folks,

In December last year (2021) I raised an issue of missing textures within the Terra Flora v2 package.

Well... just on a day ago Nick over at the Orbx forums advised the package has been updated to include the missing textures.

Note the package doesn't advertise itself as an update but if you verify the files it'll be updated with the additional textures.

All the info covering the raised issue and its subsequent resolution can be found at the below link.

Cheers

https://forum.orbxdirect.com/topic/211734-terra-flora-v2-package-issues/

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

As too frequently, ORBX don't dare to use Global for update information 😡

An information hidden in the now read only support forums !

Thank you for the head up !

Gérard

Didn’t a lot of us get rid of this one upon latest p3d release because the newest had pbr trees?  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

great news!

very happy with Terra Flora V2 for the Global Textures and (now uninstalled True Earth).. the default trees are trash even if they are animated and PBR

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, level7 said:

the default trees are trash even if they are animated and PBR

Yeah, it's like some knob @ LM decided  - "hey speed trees are a good idea", not realising the effort and artistry that would go into producing a great tree set and as it turns out their choice was not practical for any other developer either.

Artistry is probably it really - does LM have any artists ?

Cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

I only recently upgraded my trees to ORBx TerraFlora v2, and I was not disappointed. A significant improvement to the default trees in P3D. I checked out SpeedTrees once, but they were a very strange lime green colour when viewed from the air, and the tree density was not sufficient for my requirements. Frankly, I do not need them with TerraFlora v2 active.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I only recently upgraded my trees to ORBx TerraFlora v2, and I was not disappointed. A significant improvement to the default trees in P3D. I checked out SpeedTrees once, but they were a very strange lime green colour when viewed from the air, and the tree density was not sufficient for my requirements. Frankly, I do not need them with TerraFlora v2 active.

Yeah but I thought I’m the latest v5 the lime green thing is gone no?  I remember rob a made a post 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Well... for myself this is what I see.

Dynamic trees

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Terra Flora Trees

A couple of closer pics

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

well TF is a clear winner!

• Upvote 1

The simple fact is that TerraFlora v2 trees look very nice in P3Dv4. I do not need anything else.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

8 hours ago, Rogen said:

Well... for myself this is what I see.

Dynamic trees

Terra Flora Trees

A couple of closer pics

Cheers

What airport are these pics taken at?

Edited by B777ER

Eric 

Great picture 🙂

11S  Sekiu ?  Easy thank to the coordinate displayed on the pic 😉

May I ask what add-on is displaying the landing assessment ?

Thanks

Gérard

Yes the airport is 11S Sekiu, Orbx specifically.

It's one of my fav little airports and includes additional photoreal sections both East and West from the airport.

Plus the prison is there and there is the danger of deer crossing the runway.

The addin displaying the landing assessment is named "Landing Rate Monitor" and you can pick it up at the below link.

https://www.lrmclient.org/

Flight around 11S

• Like 2