Sign in to follow this  
lordonion

Aerosoft CRJ Pro - On Sale - Is it Worth Buying?

Hello All,

As you may or may not know, Aerosoft have a 50% sale on at the moment, including the CRJ Pro.

I haven't seen any mention of the CRJ on here for a while, so just wondered if anyone was still using it with the latest version of P3D and whether you would say it was worth picking up? Obviously there is the whole Aerosoft/P3D support thing (not wishing to start another conversation about that) but just wondered if it was actually flyable/enjoyable, or whether even at 50% off it's not worth the hassle?

Thank you!

Can you post a link? If I go to the Aerosoft shop, the CRJ is not on sale.

Definitely not worth it. Mostly abandoned and the developer is notorious for not being able to fix bugs. It’s also ugly, sounds bad and has bad performance. 

And Aerosoft couldn’t care less about P3D

• Upvote 3

It has its quirks and features but it's the best CRJ simulation available. At 50% off, I would get it if you need a CRJ7, CRJ9, or CRJ1000.

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

If you’re desperate for a CRJ, it’s a decent deal.  But I agree with some of the sentiments above, it seems mostly abandoned for P3D or at least very stagnant.  It was so close to having some of that extra polish and bug fixes to make it more fun for me, but mostly sits in my hangar now.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

On 4/16/2022 at 12:35 PM, flycln said:

Definitely not worth it. Mostly abandoned and the developer is notorious for not being able to fix bugs. It’s also ugly, sounds bad and has bad performance. 

And Aerosoft couldn’t care less about P3D

Correct. Same as the 330.

Id rather put forks in my eyes than give Aerosoft any more of my money. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

14ppkc-6.png

Don't do it!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

I had the old CRJ (non-pro version) and works almost fine for me (no need for fancy PBR) with P3Dv4, except the external power was broken with last update a year ago. And they didn't even border acknowledge it in their forum

I've you are interested in such Aircraft and flying a lot regional routes, than buy it if its in Sale.

The performance of the aircraft is quite good and the functions are okay.

For me, its not worth the full price. Buying an Airplane with full price from a company which already said secretly they are not doing any work for P3D anymore makes no sense.

That would just give them the support they dont deserve anymore.

A really nice alternative is the Majestic Dash fi you like prop aircrafts . 🙂

Edited by Flyinggok
  • Upvote 2

Cheers,
Bernd🌈✈️

Thanks for responses everyone! On balance then I'm going to give it a miss - I definitely don't *need* a CRJ, just the temptation for something a bit different from the Boeings/FSL Airbus/Q400 😁. Made the mistake of buying the Wilco EMB190 a while ago just because it was on sale....

• Like 1

Not completely offtopic, so I'll give it a go: I'm contemplating getting the A330. Is it comparable to their A320 series in sim performance and functionality?

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

I went for the sceneries, since I have the A320s and use them quite rarely. The 330 is too much things to learn, if I just want to fly. But sure, I´m tempted too. What turns me down it´s only one version, the cargo is never made. 

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

@d.tsakiris, yes, the A330 is comparable to the A320. If you know how to fly the A320, you should not have any problems with the A330. It does have unique sounds and, of course, the handling is different. 

• Like 1

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library