Sign in to follow this  
andyjohnston.net

MSFS Music

The music on my install has changed, it has certainly become more prevalent, and I think it is using the music from Flight (don't have that installed on this computer so can't check.)  Has anyone else noticed changes to the music?

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

3 hours ago, andyjohnston.net said:

The music on my install has changed, it has certainly become more prevalent, and I think it is using the music from Flight (don't have that installed on this computer so can't check.)  Has anyone else noticed changes to the music?

I turned my music off after a couple times loading MSFS with music on felt like I wanted to jump in front of a bus, depressing tunes.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, starstream707 said:

I turned my music off

Originally, I switched to the Classic tune but eventually I didn't need reminding how badly FSX compared to MSFS, so I too switched it off long ago. I still hate hearing that brief snippet when I start the sim!😊 It's handy though, that the 'depressing' tune plays when you are prompted to decide between regular or safe mode - it provides an audible warning in case you've turned away or left the room, expecting things to load as normal.

• Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

I turn the funeral music down until it is just audible.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

5 minutes ago, cianpars said:

I turn the funeral music down until it is just audible.

May as well turn it off in that case, surely? Or do you like a reminder that we're all mere mortals - carpe diem and all that?!😁

• Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

The traditional FSX music should have stayed…just remastered/enhanced.

Personally I felt this little FS98 opening fit the series great…brief, simple and refreshing!

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

44 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

The traditional FSX music should have stayed

It's still there in MSFS, has been since launch.

I had it turned off too, but a bunch of settings changed.  It may have been because I installed a controller I wasn't happy with, so reverted to my old controls.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

6 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

Personally I felt this little FS98 opening fit the series great…brief, simple and refreshing!

Are you lot serious! I do music production as work. Tell me what you would like (MSFS 2020? i presume) and ill give you a recording in a couple of weeks.

8 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

The high clouds in FS98 look better than MS2020! Wow thanks for reminding me. I remember the good 'ol days.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

At least in FSX we had a way to set up our own music by replacing the default WAV file.  It was great having something much more upbeat and personalized.  

Anyone know a way to do that with MSFS?

• Like 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

On 4/16/2022 at 9:57 AM, 109Sqn said:

I still hate hearing that brief snippet when I start the sim!😊

With you on that, I keep my volume down till sim is loaded and ready to go.