Sign in to follow this  
Sonar5

I wonder how long

Guest enave

lol. good catch. It's particularly funny when you realize that the Chinese hate the Japanese with a passion. This mistake is a bit like switching the French/US flags.

My guess is someone took the image from an "Atlas of Asian Flags" and didn't even pay attention, but given the political sensitivity and the pride China is trying to gain with its space program, I think it's a pretty big snafu for the press to accidentally post something like this. -JohnAlthough, the site could have also been hacked I suppose.

Guest jboweruk

0735 UTC now and still there.OH BOY how wrong can you get it. Chinese people reading that will be fuming. US press too, and China is already not fond of US..... another -10% in the popularity stakes then.

Finally changed--I didn't check it this morning, so it's 11:42EST now. I sent CBS an email yesterday afternoon though. Shame on them for taking so long to make a simple change. The request probably had to go through a dozen corporate bureaucrats to get done. -JohnEdit: I do note they have a tiny apology at the bottom of the article, so at least they didn't sweep the error under the rug, so to speak.

Oh come now, CBS making errors......."Editor's Note: A previous version of this story included a graphic of the Japanese flag instead of the Chinese flag. We regret the error."How about shame on them for not properly researching a story in the first place, more status quo at that place, I guess....

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube.