Sign in to follow this  
gavi25

Imaginesim VIDP Delhi Ground Textures Bleed

Good evening,

I have had Imaginesim VIDP Delhi for FS9 for some years now. I got a new pc last year and redownloaded and reinstalled everything.

Since I reinstalled VIDP Delhi, the ground textures bleed through on the runways and I cannot fix it, this does not happen on most of the aprons/ramps/gate areas, mainly just on the runways and taxiways. I suspect it is to do with the afcad in the download as there is now only one afcad without Terminal 2. I remember when I first bought it, there were 2 afcad options, one with T2 and one without. The afcad without T2 is just the afcad with T2 where the gates have been deleted from the afcad and saved. I know that just deleting gates can cause bad ground texture bleed through as I have done this myself before with other airports.

I have emailed Imaginesim but no reply yet and do not hold out on any support with FS9 now. 

I have spent all weekend so far messing about with elevation levels, using ADE to recompile and all sorts and nothing has fixed it so it is not an elevation issue, like I said, I suspect it is the afcad itself. I have looked online for any alternatives but no one has done another afcad for VIDP for Imaginesim in FS9 so I'm screwed and left with an airport addon that I paid for that I can now no longer use or fix. I have quite a few imaginesim airports and the rest of them all work fine with no issues.

Does anyone have any idea what I can do apart from backing everything up and doing a complete reinstall to see if that works, which will take me all week.

I have done a screenshot but cannot find how to attach it to this.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Gavin Moss

On 4/18/2022 at 12:57 AM, Steve0616 said:

Message me with your email info and I can send you the update fix if you didn't get it.

Hi Steve,

Is there an update fix for this? I've never seen one before

The update contained (4) centerlights_xx.bgl files (01-04) dated 5/30/2013. It overwrote the originals dated about a year earlier. 

3 minutes ago, Steve0616 said:

The update contained (4) centerlights_xx.bgl files (01-04) dated 5/30/2013. It overwrote the originals dated about a year earlier. 

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your reply.

I have emailed Imaginesim a few times with this problem and never been given or had an update file for the centre lights, this is all news to me.

How can I get hold of it if Imaginesim have never sent me it or mentioned it?

Kind regards

Gavin Moss

11 minutes ago, Steve0616 said:

Hi Steve,

Just to let you know I did a fresh clean install of FS9 this week with no 3rd party mesh etc and still got texture bleed throughs. 

I hadn't touched the AFCAD at all and like I said, a clean install of FS9. Link below of my screenshot:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hh3io7be2fa7o2u/Imaginesim VIDP Bleed Through.jpg?dl=0

Thanks

Gavin

3 hours ago, gavi25 said:

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your reply.

I have emailed Imaginesim a few times with this problem and never been given or had an update file for the centre lights, this is all news to me.

How can I get hold of it if Imaginesim have never sent me it or mentioned it?

Kind regards

Gavin Moss

6 hours ago, gavi25 said:

Hi Steve,

Just to let you know I did a fresh clean install of FS9 this week with no 3rd party mesh etc and still got texture bleed throughs. 

I hadn't touched the AFCAD at all and like I said, a clean install of FS9. Link below of my screenshot:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hh3io7be2fa7o2u/Imaginesim VIDP Bleed Through.jpg?dl=0

Thanks

Gavin

If your "bleed-throughs" are occurring only on runways as in that screen shot (and not taxiways) you might want to try creating an apron polygon under the runway. Aprons and taxiways automatically "flatten" the area beneath them, but runways do not. This trick usually works, unless there is a conflicting file somewhere.

John

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

20 hours ago, John Hinson said:

If your "bleed-throughs" are occurring only on runways as in that screen shot (and not taxiways) you might want to try creating an apron polygon under the runway. Aprons and taxiways automatically "flatten" the area beneath them, but runways do not. This trick usually works, unless there is a conflicting file somewhere.

John

Hi John,

I've reinstalled again and seems fine so far today whereas yesterday it wasn't, the only thing I have changed today is to run FS9 as Administrator so I'm wondering if this small one thing could be the cause of it.

Thanks

Gavin