Sign in to follow this  
ralfpeterfischer

starting problems P3Dv5

Since yesterday I can't start P3Dv5 anymore.
The following message appears in the event viewer:

Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: PREPAR3D.EXE, Version: 5.3.17.28160, Zeitstempel: 0x61e6ab02
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: ucrtbase.dll, Version: 10.0.22000.1, Zeitstempel: 0x00e78ce9
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000409
Fehleroffset: 0x000000000007dd7e
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x5b0
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d8535e6e75623f
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\PREPAR3D.EXE
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Berichtskennung: b30bf0de-659e-4ab1-a4e6-040d31b65f2c

I have de-installed the simulator several times and tried to start it with or without the Simstarter. In the Simstarter I only activated the basic addons.
Googling I can't find a satisfactory answer for P3Dv5.
The Framework c+++ are all newly installed.
What can I do?
By the way, MSFS works on the same PC, but on a different hard disk, and until yesterday both simulators worked without problems.

Greetings Peter

With regards to crashes and troubleshooting my first point of call is to delete the contents of the following folders,

• Compilied Shader files
    • C:\Users\<account name>\appdata\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Shaders\
  • Scenery Database files
    • C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\SceneryIndexes_x64\

Both sets of contents are automaticaly regenerated when P3D starts.

Often the above in combo with a reboot helps for a nice clean start.

I have a couple of shortcuts on my desktop to open those folders and then it's just a matter of Ctrl+A then Shift+Delete to clear out the old.

The shaders can build up to quite a lot of files (thousands) and a delete is a good routine for a clean start, noting time will be taken while the initial set are regenerated.

The scenery database files don't have tons of files like the shaders, however their contents are index pointers and a delete and regenerate allows all the pointers to be recreated as up to date.

Give it a go, might help.

Cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D