Sign in to follow this  
jadolfo

P3Dv5 rotary buttons problem

Hello,

I am windows 11 user from two months ago and I have problems with VRInsght Combo 2 with some rotary buttons: ALT, HDG, Radios. VS and Rotary from EFIS no has problem.

When turn the rotary for example to up, the value goes up and down and is impossible to set any value.

LINDA 3.3.4, FSIPC 6 bought, P3Dv5 HF2

Any idea?

Thanks and best regards

Edited by jadolfo

J. Adolfo Medina

What aircraft and LINDA module are you using? What functions are assigned to the knobs you are using? I would need you to read and follow the Fault Diagnosis Procedure (under LINDA Support) and email me the logs together with the config-mcp2.lua for the aircraft concerned. When running the test select the VRI events checkbox in LINDA Console before operating the problem knobs.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hello,

I use differents aircrafts, from default FSX to PMDG B738 but all with the files downloaded from LINDA forum. The functions are the default for any aircarft downloaded from LINDA forum. All with the sam problems.

I am going to try send you the files.

Thanks!!!

J. Adolfo Medina

@jadolfoThank you for the logs you sent. From what I can see everything in the config-mcp2.lua is correct. However, the fsuipc6.log shows some strange behaviour with the ALT and SPD values. They are jumping up and down (eg. SPD 112, 113, 112, 113, 114, 119, 114, etc) as you describe.

I am wondering whether the MCP is set up for Autopilot or Flight Info display mode. The AP mode repeats the cockpit display whereas Flight Info mode displays the current aircraft speed, altitude, etc. Can you assign the PMDG 737 function DspMode_Toggle() to a button and see if this changes the display response when you toggle the mode?

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hello,

I have set the rotary HDG++ to DSPMode Toggle and when select, on the display toggle "INFO MODE / AP MODE".

Regards.

J. Adolfo Medina

I did not suggest setting the Knobs to DspMode_toggle. This would be pointless. The toggle should be assigned to a spare MCP button or even even to one of your joystick buttons.

When operated I would expect the AP/Info to be displayed to indicate the mode selected. What happens to operating the SPD/ALT and does it affect the display of these values.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hello,

I assign DspMode to a MCP button and on display toggle INFO/AP correct.

The rotary SPD function is correct, but ALT rotary is the same problem like HDG or Radios.

J. Adolfo Medina

Can you take a video on your phone and email it to me?

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Jose

I am sorry but I have hit a brick wall. My copies of PMDG 737NGX and 777 are for P3Dv4 for which I no longer have a licence. I am afraid but I can not run a test for your conditions with my set up. You said that your are experiencing the problem with other aircraft. Is this the case with any of the default aircraft? Do you have the QW787 or the Aerosoft A320 or FSLabs A320?

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hello Andrew,

Affirm, I have QW787 and Aerosoft A320. I am going to do the same and I will you send the logs files.

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

J. Adolfo Medina

Hi Adolfo

I have been unable to reproduce your reported problem with P3Dv5 and QW787. Can you confirm that the fault is apparent with your QW787?

Do you have any other software running (like VRSIM.EXE or SpadNxt) that could be interfering with LINDA? The issue that baffles me is that with the radio. This is a core feature of LINDA and unrelated to any aircraft module. The only occasion I have seen the radio misbehave is with MSFS A320Neo where the radio will only function correctly when the aircraft power is on.

The next step in the investigation would be for you to zip your entire /FSUIPC6 folder and email it to me.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi andrew

I confirm  that the problem is with QW787 and all others airplanes, included "Default" with GA airplanes.

I not run any other software.

I am going to send you my FSIPC6 folder.

Thnaks and regards.

Edited by jadolfo

J. Adolfo Medina

@jadolfo Thank you for sending the me your FSUIPC6 folder. I have run P3Dv5.3 using this with the QW787 and default aircraft. I still cannot see the anomalies with the knobs you report. All attempts to turn the knobs change the value in the correct direction with no jumps or returns to previous values. I am coming the conclusion that your MCP2 hardware may be faulty. Not what you want to hear.

To test the MCP2 I suggest you try a self-test. Using the hardware alone, switch off the panel, move the AP Disengage switch to the lower position (down) and switch panel back on. In the radio display it should read "Test Mode". Now operate the problem knobs and see what is displayed (eg. Radio Knob FRE +/FRE -). Confirm that when rotating clockwise it displays Plus (+) and when anti-clockwise Minus (-). Note It does not display ++ or -- for fast mode when turned rapidly.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Andrew,

When rotating (HDG, ALT, Radios) clockwise it displays Plus (+) and Minus (-). Then I supose that my hardware faulty 😞

Thanks a lot for your help and job.

Best reagards.

J. Adolfo Medina

I want to try one last thing. I will provide a special version to record what LINDA is receiving from your MCP2. I will email your the link when it is ready.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK