Sign in to follow this  
turner112

Any new info on XP12 ground scenery / autogen?

8 hours ago, jarmstro said:

So what will it have? I'm struggling to have a reason to keep 2.5TB of data on my drive? Exactly in what areas will XP12 give me more than MSFS? I'm not trolling the question is genuine. What exactly wil XP12 have that is a step forward to what is already on offer?

XP12 will not match MSFS in ground environment, however I think the new trees, clouds and autogen combined with quality ortho will narrow it some.  What XP12 offers is some really nice add-on planes, a healthy freeware  ecosystem and not being tied to the whims of leadership at MS.  What if MS pulls the plug? can that sim even run without a connection to MS?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

12 hours ago, jarmstro said:

Jan. You didn't answer my question and fell back on the usual sarcasm.. I will ask again. In what way will XP12 offer more to me than the other sim?  It's a genuine question. You are on the team and must know the answer.

His answer may have been sarcastic, but I suppose it is technically correct still.

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

55 minutes ago, rka said:

His answer may have been sarcastic, but I suppose it is technically correct still.

You are actually correct! For John (and possibly you and many others), it will have nothing at all over MSFS 🙂.

Cheers, Jan

Edited by Janov

16 hours ago, Janov said:

Maybe you do - I see the instrument panel of my aircraft the most 😅

To anyone (like the two guys above my post) entertaining the slightest bit of hope in the most recluded corner of their hearts that XP12 will have scenery that bests MSFS...it won´t. It will be better than XP11 but not as good/realistic as MSFS.

So if looking at "the longest stone arch railroad bridge on earth" is of importance to you - look no further. Your best option for doing so is at your fingertips as I type and you don´t need to hold your breath for XP12.

Cheers, Jan

I'm not looking for "fly over my own house" scenery. I desire convincing. Like what Orbx has done for P3d where my own home area is indeed recognizable. Not exact but looks close enough the I can navigate by pilotage if I wish. I desire that along with the near training quality flight behavior of Xplane along with accurately modeled systems. I enjoyed flying over my hometown in MSFS but soon started desiring setting up DME arcs, practicing single engine out recovery and landings, and stall and spin recovery. The scenery can be entertaining but the actual operation of the aircraft interests me. Even Xplane can't help me with the RW plane I take lessons in but the A2A Cessna Skylane in P3d can. It's a ringer for the real one and my yoke, peddle, Vernio, and switch setup make it more so.

Edited by Gary1124
  • Like 3

Whenever I come back from MSFS, the awfulness of the water is the first thing I notice.

If they don’t have the capacity to improve terrain significantly, they should focus on the water. It is the majority of the planet anyway. 

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

13 hours ago, jarmstro said:

Jan. You didn't answer my question and fell back on the usual sarcasm.. I will ask again. In what way will XP12 offer more to me than the other sim?  It's a genuine question. You are on the team and must know the answer.

Perhaps the famous XP flight modeling and systems implementation in a more convincing, but not necessarily photo copy envornment.

• Like 2

Not scenery related but important still for teaching and immersion.

Does XP have the capability of virtual engine modeling as in plug fouling, shock cooling, hot starts, hung starts, temperature effect on batteries, accurate electrical load simulations, accurate electrical systems including breaker operation etc?

4 hours ago, GCBraun said:

Whenever I come back from MSFS, the awfulness of the water is the first thing I notice.

If they don’t have the capacity to improve terrain significantly, they should focus on the water. It is the majority of the planet anyway. 

Have you seen this?

https://developer.x-plane.com/2022/03/x-plane-12-development-update-march-4th-2022/

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Janov said:

You are actually correct! For John (and possibly you and many others), it will have nothing at all over MSFS 🙂.

Cheers, Jan

So you are using the beta. I am asking what there is that moves things beyond MSFS? Why is this a controversial question? Sell it to me. Better visuals, better performance, better planes or what? What are the advantages for me of switching back to X-Plane?

Edited by jarmstro

5 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

What are the advantages for me of switching back to X-Plane?

First, I am not using the beta.

Second, I already answered the very question. There are no advantages...for you.

5 minutes ago, Janov said:

First, I am not using the beta.

Second, I already answered the very question. There are no advantages...for you.

What advantages are there for ex X-Plane users other than me then?

EDIT. My apologies. I thought X-Plane 12 was in beta.

Edited by jarmstro

3 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

What advantages are there for ex X-Plane users other than me then?

If I was in the Alpha, which I couldn´t tell you because of the NDA, I couldn´t tell you because of the NDA. 😉

But there is a slew of information available publicly that talks about improvements of XP12 over XP11, I will not rehash them here. The link I posted above is a good place to start, as is the official Facebook page (which you can access without signing up to Facebook).

I fully expect many former X-Plane users to NOT return from MSFS because XP12 will still hold less appeal for them than MSFS - and that is absolutely fine.

Everyone will be able to form an opinion once XP12 is out, either through reviews and videos, or - if someone is really interested in a firsthand impression - by downloading the free demo version (yes, that requires some time - non refundable, and storage space, which you will be able to recoup when you delete the demo later).

If someone is now still flying XP11 (over MSFS) or is using both simulators, that person will certainly highly welcome the improvements in XP12.

Cheers, Jan

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Janov said:

If I was in the Alpha, which I couldn´t tell you because of the NDA, I couldn´t tell you because of the NDA. 😉

But there is a slew of information available publicly that talks about improvements of XP12 over XP11, I will not rehash them here. The link I posted above is a good place to start, as is the official Facebook page (which you can access without signing up to Facebook).

I fully expect many former X-Plane users to NOT return from MSFS because XP12 will still hold less appeal for them than MSFS - and that is absolutely fine.

Everyone will be able to form an opinion once XP12 is out, either through reviews and videos, or - if someone is really interested in a firsthand impression - by downloading the free demo version (yes, that requires some time - non refundable, and storage space, which you will be able to recoup when you delete the demo later).

If someone is now still flying XP11 (over MSFS) or is using both simulators, that person will certainly highly welcome the improvements in XP12.

Cheers, Jan

I am answered. Thank you.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Gary1124 said:

I hope Austin reads this forum.

For sake of his sanity, I dearly hope he does not.

• Upvote 3

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days