Sign in to follow this  
turner112

Any new info on XP12 ground scenery / autogen?

1 hour ago, bcuomo said:

but I don't even want to come here to find out because of all the XP sn*bery.

And yet you come. Why? Was this 30 page thread an accidental page-turner? If this is such a dung pile, is your post not the flies?

1 hour ago, bcuomo said:

Honestly, I am looking forward to what XP 12 has to offer

This. This is the only thing that really matters. M$ doesn't need your pity. Neither does Asobo. They have moved on to other games. They have a life beyond fs2020. 

As for ground scenery. I was partially hoodwinked in the other thread ; ) I was told the M$ trees sway in the wind. Turns out they do! But not according to wind direction and even poorly according to speed. It's nothing more than a fun animation. A toy that can't be used for anything more than knowing the air is moving.

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

1 hour ago, blingthinger said:

And yet you come. Why? Was this 30 page thread an accidental page-turner? If this is such a dung pile, is your post not the flies?

I have a right to be on this forum as much as you do.  You post just proves my point.... Juvenile and arrogance. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bcuomo said:

I have a right to be on this forum as much as you do.  You post just proves my point.... Juvenile and arrogance. 

No. I asked you a question that you are unable or are refusing to answer. WHY are you here. Just to call names? Like a child?

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

8 minutes ago, bcuomo said:

Furthermore, I did not question your 'right' to do anything. What is stunning is to see M$ fans arrive here almost expecting XP fans to be singing praises to the competition.

And instead of providing opposing numbers, statistics, and counterpoints that AREN'T "streaming ortho", they huff and puff and call names. You represent your demographic well.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, blingthinger said:

Furthermore, I did not question your 'right' to do anything. What is stunning is to see M$ fans arrive here almost expecting XP fans to be singing praises to the competition.

And instead of providing opposing numbers, statistics, and counterpoints that AREN'T "streaming ortho", they huff and puff and call names. You represent your demographic well.

You just keep proving my point... Thank you. 

• Like 8

45 minutes ago, bcuomo said:

That you are here to call names?

46 minutes ago, bcuomo said:

Please. Help us understand why M$ is better than XP. Your silence is deafening. 

6 minutes ago, blingthinger said:

The truth is, I don't owe you or anyone else an explanation as to my feelings about MS, XP or anything else for that matter.  If you can't handle that, that's your problem.  You just keep proving over and over again the toxic atmosphere in here. 

Now, please stop replying to me, this is obviously going nowhere. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, bcuomo said:

The truth is, I don't owe you or anyone else an explanation as to my feelings about MS, XP or anything else for that matter.  If you can't handle that, that's your problem.  You just keep proving over and over again the toxic atmosphere in here. 

Oh, I agree you don't owe anybody anything. And if I were over in the M$ forums making a stink, you'd have every reason to huff and puff. But we're not.

And I have a couple questions for you! 

Regarding trees: why don't they move with the wind direction and have movements that scale more realistically with velocity? There must be some reason. Is it a DX11 limitation? If so, will this change when DX12 arrives? You see, bush pilots and glider pilots do actually use these as clues to their surroundings. It's not unimportant. I do have a hard time seeing this being a directX problem. There are ways to pass information across the PCIe bus that would enable this. In fact, you'd only have to pass data once every few minutes when there's a weather update. And DX12 would love to let that go across async style.

Also, why do the trees disappear? What shader tech is used there? Voxels? Seems you'd want the trees to go away at a distance, not up close. 

Edited by blingthinger

29 minutes ago, bcuomo said:

edit

Edited by pete_auau
  • Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

16 minutes ago, blingthinger said:

Regarding trees: why don't they move with the wind direction and have movements that scale more realistically with velocity? There must be some reason. Is it a DX11 limitation? If so, will this change when DX12 arrives? You see, bush pilots and glider pilots do actually use these as clues to their surroundings. It's not unimportant. I do have a hard time seeing this being a directX problem. There are ways to pass information across the PCIe bus that would enable this. In fact, you'd only have to pass data once every few minutes when there's a weather update. And DX12 would love to let that go across async style.

Also, why do the trees disappear? What shader tech is used there? Voxels? Seems you'd want the trees to go away at a distance, not up close. 

Well, since you asked...

I wouldn't pretend to know the answer since I'm not the developer, nor do I have the expertise to analyze the programming.  Perhaps the trees will move with the wind eventually.  As to the trees disappearing up close, I have not noticed that on my system.

1 minute ago, bcuomo said:

As to the trees disappearing up close, I have not noticed that on my system.

They do. Try to get close to one. It's a bit of a silly question I admit, because obviously the idea is to avoid them. Nobody except a firefighting or aviation-lumberjack fan would really care. And they do tend to pixelate like volumetric clouds tend to (not just the M$ platform) at various viewing angles, which is why I asked about voxels. 

4 minutes ago, blingthinger said:

They do. Try to get close to one. It's a bit of a silly question I admit, because obviously the idea is to avoid them. Nobody except a firefighting or aviation-lumberjack fan would really care. And they do tend to pixelate like volumetric clouds tend to (not just the M$ platform) at various viewing angles, which is why I asked about voxels. 

Fair enough.  I will check it out.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, blingthinger said:

Just pointing out that using the dollar sign in the Microsoft shorthand is a little childish.  :unsure:

Personally I don't use either simulator but I've been simming since FS1 so I just stop by occasionally to see what's going on.

12 minutes ago, Gulfstream said:

Just pointing out that using the dollar sign in the Microsoft shorthand is a little childish.  :unsure:

Personally I don't use either simulator but I've been simming since FS1 so I just stop by occasionally to see what's going on.

I hear you...but I'm also the computational analog to a vegan: I make sure you know I'm a Linux user. I have rapidly diminishing respect for Microsoft and will shamelessly profess that. If Billy Gates wasn't giving away his billions (or at least claiming to), I'd want him locked up too.

I've been using and abusing since the Apple IIe days. 5 1/4" floppies! 

Edited by blingthinger