Sign in to follow this  
turner112

Any new info on XP12 ground scenery / autogen?

2 hours ago, blingthinger said:

diminishing respect for Microsoft

I have none, your doing better than me. Mind you same goes for apple, google etc etc. But this is about Xplane, isnt it????

9 hours ago, bcuomo said:

Your opinion that it's not does not make it so.  

true.

The existence of serious xplane based flight simulators like

Gcfh7gu.jpg

and complete lack of licencing options for msfs to do any kind of serious flight simulation in a commercial setting makes it so.

Thats not opinion tho, its purely evidence based fact. 

Unlike your opinion that a primarily xbox title with a complete disregard for any of the things a serious flight simulator requires is actually a serious flight simulator "because a probably paid troll on a forum in hundreds of completely unrelated topics said so"

Best actual topic I can find for you for that discussion is

Edited by mSparks
  • Like 1

AutoATC Developer

Well that's funny.

People (most of them just MSFS fans and not actually interested at all in XP) come here in the XP forums just to troll, irked by the fact that XP USERS GENERALLY PREFER XP OVER OTHER SIMULATORS (d'oh! Who would have thought that?), and then XP users are accused of creating a TOXIC ATMOSPHERE? I don't know if I have to laugh or cry. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Murmur
  • Upvote 4

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Thought this thread was about new XP12 scenery.  Or at least that's what I keep checking for....

• Like 5

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I never said XP wasn't a serious simulator.  But it didn't become that in 2 years.  MS is choosing not to go down the commercial route.  That doesn't mean it doesn't or never will have the capability to be.  And I'm not trolling... I'm seriously considering buying XP 12 when it releases, since I've had just about every other version.  I was trying to make a point about the attitides in this forum, which you've demonstrated nicely.  The way you look down your noses at MSFS and the people that enjoy it is quite childish and pathetic.  But don't worry, you're not the kind of people I want to associate with, so I won't be back. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, mjrhealth said:

I have none, your doing better than me. Mind you same goes for apple, google etc etc. But this is about Xplane, isnt it????

Indeed it is, but someone offered unsolicited advice on a public forum on how they felt I could sound less "childish", so I explained the intent behind the shortcut (M$$$$). Besides, there are much bigger problems like this one:

14 minutes ago, bcuomo said:

quite childish and pathetic

Again with the name-calling? This is one of the definitions of trolling. Trolls unquestionably have a place: at the end of my nose. Any report out on trying to creep up on a tree in MSFS? Any new learning on DX12 shader structures that would enable trees bending in the direction of the wind? Do you have anything constructive or intelligent to explain other than the desire to give LR your money?

Edited by blingthinger

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

23 hours ago, rka said:

Yes, lots of the "facts" spread here about MSFS are actually lies, you're right. Examples: it's not a serious flight simulator, it looks good only in PR, it can't do real IFR, the flight model is bad, noone is using it anymore... All lies. Go ahead, prove me wrong. And prove doesn't mean: find some clueless gaming site or YouTuber who says so because they heard somewhere. Prove me wrong with facts that can be objectively checked. Thanks in advance.

You seem to forget very fast ... It was demonstrated often enough what MSFS is lacking (and you're around in this forum long enough, to know that), and the MSFS crowd wasn't able to prove that wrong. They simply deny by saying "not true" without counter facts. It's like the flat earthers, which I mentioned before, who also deny the facts without counter facts. Having said this ... a few counter facts by the flat earthers are: the horizon is flat, even the logo of the UN shows a flat Earth, and all our shoe soles are also flat (if Earth was a globe, they had to be concave). Seriously!! That are flat earthers "arguments".

Watch my YT-channel: https://www.youtube.com/@flyingcarpet1340/

Customer of X-Plane, Aerofly, Flightgear, MSFS.

17 minutes ago, blingthinger said:

Again with the name-calling? This is one of the definitions of trolling. Trolls unquestionably have a place: at the end of my nose. Any report out on trying to creep up on a tree in MSFS? Any new learning on DX12 shader structures that would enable trees bending in the direction of the wind? Do you have anything constructive or intelligent to explain other than the desire to give LR your money?

The trees do indeed disappear.... When you are  colliding with them.  How is that a deficiency, unless you are trying to do that all the time? 

And it's only name-calling if you identify with the name. 

Now can we please end this? 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bcuomo said:

The trees do indeed disappear.... When you are  colliding with them.  How is that a deficiency, unless you are trying to do that all the time? 

And it's only name-calling if you identify with the name. 

Now can we please end this? 

Which is exactly why I said it's rather silly for most people unless you're a aerial firefighter or lumberjack, in which case it is indeed a joke. Toy trees. That don't move accurately with the wind. Also, why do they keep "swaying" when you crank up the wind? Like, go up to 30, 40...a really high velocity. There's an oscillatory motion that is anything but realistic. At those speeds, trees just bend over and hold the position unless there's major gusting going on. Turn gusts off and they still bounce in the game. Toy trees.

Please end what? Your inability to fly away from what you keep alluding to being a "dung heap of trolls"? Please, do continue. You keep proving my point.

Edited by blingthinger

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

8 minutes ago, flying_carpet said:

It was demonstrated often enough what MSFS is lacking

I will never understand why - in the XP forum - it's impossible to seriously discuss areas where XP is lacking in an adult way, but everyone of the regulars just LOVES talking about what MSFS be lacking in their perception.

And the sad attempt to call everyone trying to discuss the areas where XP is lacking a troll, probably trying to get them banned, hopefully is correctly understood by the mods as what it is, a sad attempt to quell a discussion that is for some strange reasoning considered heretic.

• Like 2

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

1 minute ago, rka said:

And the sad attempt to call everyone trying to discuss the areas where XP is lacking a troll

Name-calling is an attempt at discussing XP deficiencies? 

Pointing out that M$ has no desire for the pro market and isn't being developed as such, is trolling?

6 minutes ago, rka said:

a sad attempt to quell a discussion that is for some strange reasoning considered heretic.

Its interesting you used the word heretic, considering its general religious connotations.

I myself came here originally for the latest information about the sim, but now perceive this is not the place, and have given up on that.

Back to Youtube, I guess.

In fact, my visit here has severely curtailed my interest in a purchase, as I would consider a purchase as also being a commitment to becoming a part of the supporting community, and right now, I simply can't imagine this subforum as a fun home.

Austin will have to really knock it out of the park to counteract the effect of some of his greatest supporters.

• Like 6

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

2 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

I simply can't imagine this subforum as a fun home.

By all means. Contribute to the fun home! This is an XP forum. What do you love about XP? What is your favorite aspect about the upcoming ground scenery in 12? The dynamic rain/snow/ice? The improved autogen textures? The 3D water coastlines?

17 minutes ago, blingthinger said:

By all means. Contribute to the fun home! This is an XP forum. What do you love about XP? What is your favorite aspect about the upcoming ground scenery in 12? The dynamic rain/snow/ice? The improved autogen textures? The 3D water coastlines?

Once upon a time, I had a thread here, graciously pinned by a mod where I excitedly showcased Xplane tips and tricks, posted links to new freebies etc.

It was a fun and (happening) subforum then. But the mood has gradually became... strident, in my opinion.

In fact the very notion that coming here to pretty much only talk about the good, has gradually transformed the place to the point that it feels like pointing out any faults or possibly missing features, or even wished for features, is considered trolling that forum guardians must leap to expel.

I used to hear about a place called the org, that I joined (years ago) and after just a short time yelped, and ran away from, never to return.

There was another spot I joined, X-aviation, that seems to have gradually gone the same way.

And now here, it seems.

I'm not good at hymns and gospels. Some things I like, and some not, and if a place seems to demand that everyone chant the same thing, well.....

I hope X-plane 12 comes out good for all of you (honestly) but I think I have developed a pretty permanent bad taste.

Good luck! 

Edited by HiFlyer
  • Like 7

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

2 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

In fact the very notion that coming here to pretty much only talk about the good, has gradually transformed the place to the point that it feels like pointing out any faults or possibly missing features, or even wished for features, is considered trolling that forum guardians must leap to expel.

Seems to happen when activity declines, the more tribalistic supporters seem to remain that like to sing gospel about the product. Same thing is happening with the P3D subforum to some extend. 

• Like 6

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB