Sign in to follow this  
MrBitstFlyer

Axis & Ohs or Spad.Next?

4 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

Please note that AAO is not working with the simulator controller logic at all. It is a completely separate thing. So the time to spend is first to remove all assignments from inside the sim, and then to create them again in AAO itself, with the logic that the app brings. And AAO has actually zero relation to the MSFS controller logic - you cannot do the same things with AAO that you can do in the sim in the same way. 

If you are already on edge about the time spent, I wouldn't recommend taking this route. Completely new logic and new assignments - plus the work-arounds that you have to make for some controls (=scripting), we are not talking minutes here. This is the road where even more frustration awaits. Which (IMHO) is true for whatever external controller app you decide to use. 

If it is only about the primary flight controls and a few default buttons like trim, maybe 10 minutes per plane. I made a video about that on YT. Anything more advanced will take a lot longer.

Thank you kindly for that I appreciate it.  I'll hold off, in fact I was just going to run the install after downloading, and was hit with, "Enter Password" after which that was enough to scare me off!  I'll wait hopefully Asobo will make this happen which they surely can, and the idea has around 450 votes on it.

Thanks!

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

1 hour ago, Noel said:

"Enter Password" after which that was enough to scare me off! 

The password can be found right below the download link in bold red letters. The password is LORBY

The ZIPs only have a password so they are encrypted - I can't upload them to Weebly otherwise. 

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 1

LORBY-SI

4 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

The password can be found right below the download link in bold red letters. The password is LORBY

The ZIPs only have a password so they are encrypted - I can't upload them to Weebly otherwise. 

I bought FireFighterX and enjoyed it.  Any chance for a MSFS version?

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Hi,

Absolutely new to MSFS and AaO. I’m thrilled to arrive home, purchase it and start configuring it. From what I saw extensively on YouTube it’s very much integrated with the Steamdeck (which I’ll be using), but wanted to ask if it’s also possible to use it to configure all my Virpil peripherals.

Cheers

On 4/19/2022 at 6:15 PM, MrBitstFlyer said:

I must admit to being confused which of these to go for.  My main use would be to configure my StreamDeck to operate my aircraft. I have the Honeycomb Yoke & Throttle so I am intrigued with finer control over the axis and buttons. Can they be used at the same time, on the same aircraft, or should I just get one of them?

I am a complete beginner with this so advice is welcomed. I've had the StreamDeck for a couple of months but not put any time into it so far.  I saw a post about it and just purchased one so now I need to use it!

I was using AAO and eventually turned to SPAD as I found the UI to be much easier to follow. It also gets more powerful as time goes by. Theres a lot of things that SPAD can do you won't ever find - its that deep. 

I am currently using stream decks and X-Touch mini (my AP). 

I use the Stream decks for mainly overhead buttons on TP's and RJ's.

Theres also help close at hand on their Discord. 

Jon

http://www.ruscool.co.nzBanner_MJC5.png05_10_2012_14_25_54_C-GLXV_New_Paint_Apr

P3D 4.5:), X-Plane 11.55:(, MSFS 2020:), MJC Q400, Saab 340A, CRJ550, B1900, X-Crafts ERJ/EMB; Win 10x64, 32GB Ram, Samsung drives, RTX 3070 GPU, 5.3 Ghz Intel 1200. Turboprops and RJ's only.

On 9/23/2022 at 1:54 PM, Phaethon said:

Hi,

Absolutely new to MSFS and AaO. I’m thrilled to arrive home, purchase it and start configuring it. From what I saw extensively on YouTube it’s very much integrated with the Steamdeck (which I’ll be using), but wanted to ask if it’s also possible to use it to configure all my Virpil peripherals.

Cheers

Yes should be fine. I have my Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo along with my Stream Deck configured through AAO without any problem. Haven't tried with my VKB gear but no reason it wouldn't work. 

So, I've been wrestling with this decision lately (AAO vs S.N), having recently picked up a StreamDeck to integrate with FS2020. I downloaded the AAO demo, as I took all of the recommendations/warnings/etc. to evaluate with the demo version seriously.

Great. Got it installed, but when I launch the app, it takes literally 3-5 minutes before the main window appears. Nothing appears, just a process entry in Task Manager, consuming < 1% CPU, for minutes. Then the main window appears out of nowhere. Even tried running it as an administrator, figuring maybe it was hanging up on something that required an elevated privilege, but that didn't affect it.

My question is, is that normal? Is there some known condition I need to "fix" on my PC before trying this? I can't really find anything about this specific issue, but I really don't want to go through evaluating it if that's just how it's going to work on my PC. Which would be disappointing, because I've heard great things about it!

12 hours ago, WaitingForGuacamole said:

My question is, is that normal?

No. You probably have incompatible USB/HID devices somewhere. Doesn't have to be physical hardware, could be just a driver or something.

When you do get the app running, got to "Hardware->Device Blacklist" and move everything to the list on the right with the "Ignore" button that isn't a game controller that you want to use in AAO. So on the left there should only be your joystick and throttle, nothing else. All HID devices, keyboards, mice, the StreamDeck itself, all of that should be "Ignored". AAO talks to them through other channels. Restart the app after you did this.

That being said, this is precisely what the demo version is for and why it is mandatory to try-before-buy (see the product description in the shop). There are always situations where a piece of software doesn't want to work on a specific computer. 

LORBY-SI

I know this is the MSFS2020 topic but just want to clarify: as far as I can tell Axis and Ohs does not have support for X-Plane, correct?

3 hours ago, kutyafal said:

I know this is the MSFS2020 topic but just want to clarify: as far as I can tell Axis and Ohs does not have support for X-Plane, correct?

AFAIK it doesn't (yet). AAO probably uses Simconnect to communicate with MSFS, which X-Plane doesn't use.
There is an offical AAO support forum here on here on AVsim. Perhaps more people are interested in an X-plane version (if that is at all possible)

Edited by orchestra_nl

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

4 hours ago, kutyafal said:

Axis and Ohs does not have support for X-Plane, correct

Correct. The API of that sim works in a completely different way, and this would be an entirely new app. I doubt that there is enough interest to justify the development cost (probably around fifty to one hundred thousand Euro).

You could use the vJoy and ViGEm virtual interfaces to run AAO with any app, X-Plane too. But controller assignment is the only functionality that you get in this scenario, which makes it seem pointless. Then again, I know that there are quite a few people who are using AAO to utilize their flightsim hardware for other games (for example for using yoke and rudder pedals in SnowRunner, which only speaks Gamepad. etc.)

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI