Sign in to follow this  
ozzieblr

Wow - we now have a start-up screen tells us what its doing!

This has been a long time coming, but an update to the games centre has now given us this screen to assure us that MSFS has indeed started and is loading!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gle5gvy5parihlo/Untitled-1.jpg?dl=0

• Like 2

Cheers,  Brian L Robinson

Flight Simmer since 1983 - loving the brilliant Quality Wings 787 and all PMDG models!!

for me, when I start MSFS I get this;

MSFS.jpg

when I start MSFS as admin, it starts normal with no splash screen.

Note: MS store edition.

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

7 minutes ago, penta_a said:

when I start MSFS as admin, it starts normal with no splash screen.

When I first got my new computer and started reading through all the optimization posts, one of the things I noticed a couple of sites said to always run the program as an administrator. I've always done so and have had mostly smooth sailing. The only downside to this is that I cant purchase from the marketplace. I need to run the program normally. 

Yeah, it used to just display nothing when you clicked the executable. Finally fixed (the Steam version also). I miss the old 'type any key' and then you had to click the mouse instead.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

10 hours ago, Fielder said:

I miss the old 'type any key' and then you had to click the mouse instead.

Hush!!!🤐 They might put it back if you say that!

• Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

1 hour ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

I dont get a splash screen, but then again im running the sim with a self made exe file to skip the intro. 

How's that any different to using -fastlaunch?

Edited by MarcG
spolling mustaike

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

The only splash screen I get is a “Game already running!” error when I start questioning whether I actually clicked on the MSFS icon or if I just imagined I did, or if I didn’t click assertively enough 🙂

• Like 1

Starting MSFS from FSUIPC gives you a pretty startup screen.

Why MS cannot provide this continues to baffle me.. 😉

Bert

10 hours ago, MarcG said:

How's that any different to using -fastlaunch?

Is there a native, in-game option to disable the splash screens at startup, but keep the new splash screen that signals that the sim has started?

The exe file I was talking about is the fastlaunch method, as far as I know. This is what my shortcut has in its target:
C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start shell:AppsFolder\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App "-FastLaunch"

And it doesn't give me the new start up splash screen. 

Edited by Andreas Stangenes

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

2 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Is there a native, in-game option to disable the splash screens at startup, but keep the new splash screen that signals that the sim has started?

Dunno.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)