Sign in to follow this  
goon

CTD on start up

Hi Everyone,

I have a CTD on start up  now that I can't track down. The splash screens run, then I get the warning about safe mode, which I select. I  see a view of San Francisco Bay, then the screen with three regions and giraffes,  etc. Just after the halfway point of the progress bar I get dumped to the desktop.

The last things I have done are to install and uninstall NeoFlight and The Skypark. I have uninstalled FSUIPC and reinstalled MSFS via Steam after doing a file integrity check.

Can anyone sugggest what has gone wrong please?

Thanks,

Gareth

6 minutes ago, goon said:

Hi Everyone,

I have a CTD on start up  now that I can't track down. The splash screens run, then I get the warning about safe mode, which I select. I  see a view of San Francisco Bay, then the screen with three regions and giraffes,  etc. Just after the halfway point of the progress bar I get dumped to the desktop.

The last things I have done are to install and uninstall NeoFlight and The Skypark. I have uninstalled FSUIPC and reinstalled MSFS via Steam after doing a file integrity check.

Can anyone sugggest what has gone wrong please?

Thanks,

Gareth

In addition to running MSFS in safe mode, disconnect all non essential peripherals to your computer. Just leave your keyboard and mouse as the only peripherals before you start MSFS.  Supposedly, safe mode is supposed to ignore any add-ons in your Community folder, because add-ons from your Community folder are usually the #1 source of CTDs.  If you can run MSFS with just your keyboard and mouse in safe mode, then you can gradually add back your other peripherals until you figure out what the problem is.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

26 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

In addition to running MSFS in safe mode, disconnect all non essential peripherals to your computer. Just leave your keyboard and mouse as the only peripherals before you start MSFS.  Supposedly, safe mode is supposed to ignore any add-ons in your Community folder, because add-ons from your Community folder are usually the #1 source of CTDs.  If you can run MSFS with just your keyboard and mouse in safe mode, then you can gradually add back your other peripherals until you figure out what the problem is.

+1 for removing all peripherals. I also recommend to update mainboard drivers and BIOS.
Sometimes disabling the XMP profile in BIOS also helps.

• Like 1

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

This worked for me. Check out more in the CTD forum.

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

Thanks everyone. Unfortunately none of these tips have worked for me. 

I didn't realise there was a CTD forum so will continue there.

Thanks again,

Gareth

If render scale is not set correctly I’ve found it can give me CTD when using a 1080p HD TV. Couldn’t work it out for ages then set that back to 100 & no more CTD,s. Just a thought or to anyone else who has this setting above 100 and having problems 

good luck👍👍