Sign in to follow this  
Orinks

MCE, blind support and FS2020

Hi all.

It's been a while since I visited this forum. I have found various workarounds to the... quite frankly pretty bad accessibility efforts thus far by Asobo with the screen narrator feature, having freezing issues etc.

Does MCE have voice commands to get around the FS interface? E.G. saying world map will click world map. Could be potentially useful until Asobo fixes the keyboard unable to move the curser.

I've been using the AI Copilot, which is alright when doing VFR flights. With IFR ATC constantly nags me to be at my assigned altitude when the AI likes to fly a bit higher. I've thought about switching to PF3, however I like the AI copilot's ability to autotaxi. Failing that, does MCE's taxi slewing method still work in FS2020? Since the navdata is never updated in the MCE program I can see this being a problem. If I turn off the native ATC and switch to PF3, I don't know how the AI copilot will handle taxi, or if there's a way I can have it taxi to the runway PF3 assigns me. I'm also having an issue with the autopilot systems where I enter an altitude to climb or descend to and I have to turn on altitude hold multiple times to get it to climb. This is usually if I want to take over from the AI copilot if I want to climb higher than what it thinks is acceptable.

Hi back at you Orinks, from another BVI Pilot.

Please write to me at:

kolesar16417@roadrunner.com

I then can give you a e-mail address to write to.

But it's like the fs 2020 team isn't listening to we their customers.

Yes they have a so so of a partical screen reader built inside fs 2020, but is sucks.

Also, if you have any tips and or tricks to use Multi Crew Experience with P3D, I'd deeply appreciate.

Well, here's from one BVI Pilot to another.

Ron AK A The Blind Pilot.

The slewing function is no longer used in MSFS as the AI can do the taxying much batter.

There is a new function to warp the plane to ANY airport or runway either by specifying the ICAO ID or speaking the city or airport name. Example of voice commands

Move aircraft to Kennedy runway zero four left

relocate aircraft to Kilo Julliett Foxtrot Kilo runway 4 left

Position aircraft at Frankfurt (it will et you at the first runway it finds for Frankfurt. Then ask FO "confirm position".

If it's the wrong runway, asl to be moved to another one with "warp the plane to runway two five left" (or any other)

We currently advice users not to fire MCE until aircraft has been loaded and on tarmac ready tonfly, therefore not useful to add a command to select the "word map". And believe it or not, even for sighted users it can take more than a couple of clicks before it registers as clicked.It wouldn't be reliable either. I wonder whether Asobo has a script which can start MSFS and automatically load a specific plane and set it at specific airport.

I don't know how combination of PF3 and built-in FO AI would pan out. Maybe other users can chime in.

I am another blind pilot.

I have quit a bit of experience with P3D and MCE as well as PF3 if you have that as well.

They all work together pretty well, and if you are using 64 bit P3Dv4 or 5 this eliminates all the crashes in the old FSX stuff.

I was going to start playing around a bit with MSFS 2020 PF3 and the AI co-pilot next week when I return from Beep Baseball practice in Texas.

I will let you know what I find out.