Sign in to follow this  
ailchim

Tug lights penetrating cockpit

I have Version 2.4 of UGCX which I use with:

• P3D 5.3.17.28160
  • PMDG 737u
  • FS2Crew of course
  • AI Lights Reborn Professional V1.36.0
  • Recently RD Presets, although the lights came through the cockpit before I installed that.

When I call for pushback, the tug appears and hooks up.  Whether in daylight or the dark, the tug headlights penetrate the cockpit.  They don't seem to illuminate the main panel but they do the throttles and the pedestal.     

spacer.png

Any ideas why that might be happening?  

I have looked through AI Lights and I can't see any evidence it's treating UGCX tugs as aircraft and so replaced your lights.

In P3D, I have HDR, Auto exposure and Dynamic Lighting on.

ngxu_banner.png

5 hours ago, ailchim said:

I have Version 2.4 of UGCX which I use with:

• P3D 5.3.17.28160
  • PMDG 737u
  • FS2Crew of course
  • AI Lights Reborn Professional V1.36.0
  • Recently RD Presets, although the lights came through the cockpit before I installed that.

When I call for pushback, the tug appears and hooks up.  Whether in daylight or the dark, the tug headlights penetrate the cockpit.  They don't seem to illuminate the main panel but they do the throttles and the pedestal.     

spacer.png

Any ideas why that might be happening?  

I have looked through AI Lights and I can't see any evidence it's treating UGCX tugs as aircraft and so replaced your lights.

In P3D, I have HDR, Auto exposure and Dynamic Lighting on.

Question: Do you have the "Create ground crew as ground vehicles" option checked or unchecked?

Manuel

spacer.png

It's unchecked.

I do have GSX installed but I don't use it specifically on departure now.  I use SODE jetway commands where possible and Cntrl J elsewhere.  I use the PMDG service vehicles such as loaders, fuel & catering trucks etc.

ngxu_banner.png

I have just tried checking it whilst the aircraft is at the stand and scenery loaded and then requesting pushback.  It's the same. 

But maybe checking it only takes effect with a complete scenario reload or even a P3D restart?

ngxu_banner.png

Isn't this also an issue in MSFS, where you can see/'sense' the beacon light from the tow truck (I use FS2Crew Pushback Express) through the fuselage, while on the flightdeck? 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

3 hours ago, ailchim said:

I have just tried checking it whilst the aircraft is at the stand and scenery loaded and then requesting pushback.  It's the same. 

But maybe checking it only takes effect with a complete scenario reload or even a P3D restart?

Does this happens with all tugs?, what tug are you using for pushback?

Cheers,

Manuel

spacer.png

I hadn't changed it from the default: the Comet.  Switching it to the Wollard, which is the next size up I think, and perhaps more appropriate, removes the problem.  Sorry, I didn't think of changing that. 

ngxu_banner.png

10 hours ago, ailchim said:

I hadn't changed it from the default: the Comet.  Switching it to the Wollard, which is the next size up I think, and perhaps more appropriate, removes the problem.  Sorry, I didn't think of changing that. 

No worries, yeah, the comet is the smallest, and for the B737, which has a lower nose, it may not be the best to use. it's better using another tug.

Cheers,

Manuel

spacer.png

OK, thanks for the help.

ngxu_banner.png