Sign in to follow this  
RobPol471

Never disturb Mike Tyson on a plane!

A passenger, probably drunk, disturbs Mike Tyson on a flight departing from KSFO and feels ... the effect his fists still have!

Hmm... if genuine, looks like Mike might be in for charges. Unless the drunk struck first.

Not much damage to the drunk guy, he didn't look too perturbed. 

Personally I don't think anyone should be allowed to drink on an aircraft. I'd ban it at the airport too. 

Edited by martin-w
  • Like 1

It's genuine and he likely will face assault charges.  The victim, however, did provoke Tyson before the assault occurred and was intoxicated.  My guess is that a judge will take this into consideration and Tyson may get a misdemeanor assault conviction, may have to attend anger management classes, but will not actually spend time in jail.

• Like 1

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

1 hour ago, martin-w said:

Hmm... se genuino, sembra che Mike potrebbe essere incriminato. A meno che l'ubriaco non abbia colpito per primo.

Non molto danno per l'ubriacone, non sembrava troppo turbato. 

Personalmente non credo che a nessuno dovrebbe essere permesso di bere su un aereo. Lo vieterei anche in aeroporto. 

From a CNN article:

"Joann Mignano, a representative for Tyson, said: " Unfortunately, Mr. Tyson had an incident on a flight with an aggressive passenger who began harassing him and threw a water bottle at him while he was in his seat, ".

San Francisco police confirmed the arrest of two people for a physical altercation that took place on Wednesday evening around 10 p.m. PT on a JetBlue Airways Jet aircraft located at the Domestic Terminal of the San Francisco International Airport.

One person was treated for non-life-threatening injuries, according to a statement from SFPD.
"That subject provided minimal details of the incident and refused to cooperate further with the police investigation," the police said.

Both people were released "pending further investigation." SFPD declined to identify either subject.

The US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) said Thursday morning that it did not have a report at the time about an unruly passenger incident aboard a JetBlue flight on Wednesday.

Unruly passenger behavior has spiked during the pandemic, with 2021 the worst year on record for reports of bad behavior on planes.
A whopping 5,981 reports of unruly passengers were logged by the FAA in 2021.
The agency introduced a "zero tolerance" policy on January 13, 2021, after a sharp rise in unruly passenger incidents in 2020.
The FAA said that under the policy, it may issue fines to passengers for unruly behavior instead of warning letters or counseling.
And cases can result in criminal investigations and charges. "

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/airline-passenger-incident-mike-tyson/index.html

If the guy did, as reported, throw a bottle of water at MT, then he was physically attacked by the guy first, and in my book that's a case of 'asking for it and getting it'. I'm pretty sure most judges would agree too. Of course a defensive response has to be 'appropriate', but since the guy has a face that I suspect most people would never tire of slapping, and he's clearly being an irritating git, I think most people would be on MT's side on this one.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

The lawyers are probably already circling the drain looking to goad the kid into filing a civil law suit...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Chock said:

If the guy did, as reported, throw a bottle of water at MT, then he was physically attacked by the guy first, and in my book that's a case of 'asking for it and getting it'. I'm pretty sure most judges would agree too. Of course a defensive response has to be 'appropriate', but since the guy has a face that I suspect most people would never tire of slapping, and he's clearly being an irritating git, I think most people would be on MT's side on this one.

Most judges might not agree. Dependant on who's jurisdiction, response has to be proportionate. Multiple blows in the face "may" not be deemed appropriate as a response to an empty water bottle being thrown... if it was empty.

Not sure how the water bottle was thrown. The drunk guy was in his seat and Tyson in the seat in front. The only way it could have been thrown is in a high arc rather than at velocity at Tyson. Unless is was thrown well before the blows were struck and not in his seat, thus not what would be deemed self defence to an immediate threat.

It may be seen as revenge and an angry response rather than self defence. 

Edited by martin-w
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, overspeed3 said:

The lawyers are probably already circling the drain looking to goad the kid into filing a civil law suit...

You bet they are. Circling like vultures.

People of our generation know better than to harass someone like Mike Tyson.

Noel

• Like 3

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

2 hours ago, birdguy said:

People of our generation know better than to harass someone like Mike Tyson.

Noel

was just thinking that of all the people in the world that I would NOT want to piss off, MT would be near the top of the list.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Probably the next time the F/As see Mike Tyson aboard the plane, they will warn passengers that before bother him they have to wait for the announcement:

" Seconds out - First round  "  and the sound of the gong!😁

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I don't like to comment much on Hangar Chat anymore for a couple of reasons but I have to get this in.

The first thing that comes to mind when I see the guy in the first part of the video is, 'young, virile, good looking and dumb as a load of bricks'.

Noel

• Like 1

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

The dude weighs what...about a buck sixty???

And he proceeds to taunt a (former) professional fighter was was known to bite another man's ear off!!!

He's either really, really dumb or he was looking for a lawsuit. (Or perhaps both.)

Regardless, IMHO, both were in the wrong in their actions.

What was that old expression..."Fly the Friendly Skies!"? Public decorum is long, long gone.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yes I wouldn't even charge MT on this one but they probably will, only for the charges to fall apart in the court room. Clearly he was playing with fire and was the provocation, probably for social media attention

Matthew Kane