Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

Looking for a glass twin aircraft...

15 hours ago, NismoRR said:

No need to look hard. The Simworks Studios Kodiak is your new plane. G1000 Nxi works well with her.

He asked for Twin. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

13 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

I assume you are talking props or otherwise all the biz jets and regional jets would fit 😄

Generally in the real world there is a trend away from light piston twins and towards turboprop singles as from a performance, as well as from a safety and reliability point of view, a turboprop single beats most piston twins hands down.   Turbo props rarely break whereas a lot of piston twins could barely hold altitude on a single engine so the idea of a having a backup engine for safety was more in peoples heads than anything else.

Which means a lot of the piston twins in games model older designs with steam gauges from the heyday of fast light piston twins.

Most pilots I know say that the purpose of the second engine is to fly you to the scene of the crash. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

He asked for Twin. 

And that was pointed out and he even apologized...

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

21 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Most pilots I know say that the purpose of the second engine is to fly you to the scene of the crash. 

I would not recommend flying with those pilots. A properly planned flight in a twin flown by a competent pilot results in an airplane capable of climbing out on one engine should the need arise. 

1 hour ago, mtr75 said:

I would not recommend flying with those pilots. A properly planned flight in a twin flown by a competent pilot results in an airplane capable of climbing out on one engine should the need arise. 

I personally knew 2 CFIIs with multi engine rating, that were killed on takeoff in C 310s in South Florida. 

On 4/22/2022 at 5:58 PM, Matchstick said:

The stock Diamond Da62 with the Excellent DA62X Enhancement Mod would seem a very good place to start.

https://flightsim.to/file/2733/da62x-project 

I downloaded and installed the Enhancement Mod, but I have one question:  In the "readme file" it says that "The Working Title G1000 NXi is required for the G1000 styling changes to work properly".  What does this mean and how do I make sure this is done?

Stan

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I personally knew 2 CFIIs with multi engine rating, that were killed on takeoff in C 310s in South Florida. 

Not that there hasn't been a share of PC12 fatal crashes also!

4 hours ago, spilok said:

I downloaded and installed the Enhancement Mod, but I have one question:  In the "readme file" it says that "The Working Title G1000 NXi is required for the G1000 styling changes to work properly".  What does this mean and how do I make sure this is done?

Stan

Install the WT G1000 NXI in the Marketplace (for free) if you do not have it installed.  Check your Content Manager first, if in doubt.

Bert

4 hours ago, Adrian123 said:

Not that there hasn't been a share of PC12 fatal crashes also!

Take my chances in a turbine powered aircraft versus a piston twin, where either engine can break at any time. 

22 hours ago, mtr75 said:

Well that does depend a lot on the altitude of the airfield and what aircraft you are flying.

The single engine service ceiling of  a PA-44-180 Seminole is down around 4000 feet density altitude, meaning serious trouble with an engine out if taking off somewhere like Telluride at just over 9000 feet. 

On the other hand a  PA-34-220T Seneca V has a very respectable single engine service ceiling of 16500 feet and is unlikely to see you getting in trouble regardless of the airfield.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

Hehe I can't really see someone flying their personal Seminole to TEX lol

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

On 4/24/2022 at 9:48 AM, spilok said:

Stan

Edited by spilok
repeat

20 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Install the WT G1000 NXI in the Marketplace (for free) if you do not have it installed.  Check your Content Manager first, if in doubt.

Thanks, will do.

Stan

On 4/22/2022 at 1:54 PM, briansommers said:

I'm in the need of a twin aircraft that has the G1000 or G3000, working title.
Either payware or freeware.
total seat of 6 - 12 etc.
Anything out there?

Depending on your definition of "glass", the C414 with dual TDS GTN 750NXi's might actually fit the bill..

It clearly does not have the G1000 or 3000, but the GTNs make up for that.. very nice plane, and getting better every week as development on it continues.. 🙂

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

On 4/24/2022 at 8:47 AM, Bobsk8 said:

I remember when I thought CFIs were automatically good pilots. No commentary on your friends, but I've since learned this isn't the case.