Sign in to follow this  
rocketlaunch

The Fenix project, any news?

57 minutes ago, WestAir said:

Random failure mode is also know as service based failures which was mentioned in the reveal Q&A not to be a thing, and like everything not implemented, the devs will not answer you if you ask about it right now.

Not necessarily, that's two diffent things. The FSL had random failures (like 1 failure every 8 hours) but no service based failures. It would be strange if they went the whole way to include hundreds of failures but then not code some easy lines to activate one of them after a mean time interval.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Not necessarily, that's two diffent things. The FSL had random failures (like 1 failure every 8 hours) but no service based failures. It would be strange if they went the whole way to include hundreds of failures but then not code some easy lines to activate one of them after a mean time interval.

Gotcha.

While I mixed up SBF and Random Failures, from what Fenix has shown of the failures page of the MCDU, all you can do right now is set a specific item (Left Engine Fire) to fail at a certain time or at once, rather than all the failures on a random ticker.

I'll keep poking Aamir and team on their discord, but the 10 or so times I have in the past have all been met with silence.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Does anyone here know how to interpret legal texts? I've never seen anyone comment is that FenixSim Limited is a company based in England and their corporate data is publicly available on the government company research website. It is publicly available the entire partnership with ProSim (which has a significant control over Fenix), 59000 GBP investment statement, other Aamir companies and other things. 

edit: Aamir said that ProSim has no control over Fenix

Edited by Lucas Gomes
correction

54 minutes ago, WestAir said:

Gotcha.

While I mixed up SBF and Random Failures, from what Fenix has shown of the failures page of the MCDU, all you can do right now is set a specific item (Left Engine Fire) to fail at a certain time or at once, rather than all the failures on a random ticker.

I'll keep poking Aamir and team on their discord, but the 10 or so times I have in the past have all been met with silence.

Alright keep poking them 😉 that's really needed on a (presumably) setting-the-bar-addon.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Lucas Gomes said:

Does anyone here know how to interpret legal texts? I've never seen anyone comment is that FenixSim Limited is a company based in England and their corporate data is publicly available on the government company research website. It is publicly available the entire partnership with ProSim (which has a very large significant control over Fenix), 59000 GBP investment statement, other Aamir companies and other things. 

Why should I be interested in that?

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

4 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

I‘m curious to where someone said they were intentionally lying? Mind showing the quote? Otherwise it‘s someone else intentionally lying, if I may say so…

You can satisfy your curiosity by reading back thru this thread yourself... My point to those who question the various IRL pilots + beta testers' positive views and statements on the Fenix A320 was that they have no reason to intentionally lie and put out false praise.

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

1 hour ago, Lucas Gomes said:

Does anyone here know how to interpret legal texts? I've never seen anyone comment is that FenixSim Limited is a company based in England and their corporate data is publicly available on the government company research website. It is publicly available the entire partnership with ProSim (which has a very large significant control over Fenix), 59000 GBP investment statement, other Aamir companies and other things. 

Do you have a link to the source that Fenix is in a partnership with ProSim, and that ProSim has a controlling stake in Fenix? This is news to  me.  I never knew that ProSim has a controlling stake in Fenix. This is very interesting and big news, if you ask me.

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

49 minutes ago, hansb57 said:

Why should I be interested in that?

Well, if what @lucas gomes is reporting is accurate, ProSim having a controlling stake over Fenix means a lot.  It means that ProSim is interested in entering the MSFS market for add-ons.  First through the Fenix A320, but possibly later with other add-ons.

Up until now, we all thought Fenix asked ProSim to use their product, and got some license from ProSim (possibly giving some cut to ProSim for each A320 sold).  But this would be Fenix making the calls, and ProSim wasn't that directly interested in the MSFS market, only to license their product to Fenix.  Now if ProSim has a controlling stake in Fenix, well, that signals ProSim's intention, especially ProSim's interest in the MSFS market.

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

1 hour ago, Lucas Gomes said:

Are we turning ourselves now into lawyers? 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

hello guys, just a quick one to say - no, they do not own a controlling interest in the company.

P.S. The project is going well, we've just been quiet as to not shout into an already loud room, and let our fellow developers take their share of the limelight with their releases.

• Like 19
  • Upvote 1

Aamir Thacker

1 minute ago, Aamir said:

hello guys, just a quick one to say - no, they do not own a controlling interest in the company.

P.S. The project is going well, we've just been quiet as to not shout into an already loud room, and let our fellow developers take their share of the limelight with their releases.

Good call, pretty sure now many are busy with maddog and bae146 and potentially PMDG 737 next week, we can wait for fenix for few months longer 😉

2 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Good call, pretty sure now many are busy with maddog and bae146 and potentially PMDG 737 next week, we can wait for fenix for few months longer 😉

well i'm not waiting months 🤣

• Like 15

Aamir Thacker

1 minute ago, Aamir said:

well i'm not waiting months 🤣

Oh wait so we are talking about weeks? 🤣

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Well, if what @lucas gomes is reporting is accurate, ProSim having a controlling stake over Fenix means a lot.  It means that ProSim is interested in entering the MSFS market for add-ons.  First through the Fenix A320, but possibly later with other add-ons.

Up until now, we all thought Fenix asked ProSim to use their product, and got some license from ProSim (possibly giving some cut to ProSim for each A320 sold).  But this would be Fenix making the calls, and ProSim wasn't that directly interested in the MSFS market, only to license their product to Fenix.  Now if ProSim has a controlling stake in Fenix, well, that signals ProSim's intention, especially ProSim's interest in the MSFS market.

That theory lasted a total of 13 minutes 🙂

• Like 7

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

34 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Oh wait so we are talking about weeks? 

Does not mean a release. Could be just the next news. 

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------