Sign in to follow this  
cbreeze

MSFS Chancellor installation nightmare

I am so sorry I purchased this airplane for MSFS.  I have been a flight simmer for years and downloaded countless aircraft installation flies for Microsoft, P3d, Xplane.  Never ever have I had as much trouble downloading a file as this one from Fliysimware.  I have literally spent several hours trying to get this thing to install with no success. For some reason the installation is telling me that I need an offline installation code and have made countless attempts to do that by following their instructions with no luck. Many times the attempt to reach their server for the off line link time out and I have to start over again.  BTW my antivirus is disabled during the download attempts and my internet connection is working fine. I have done that so many times I received a notice that I have exceeded the maximum requests for a offline link and there is nothing further I can do.  During the download attempts I get a 165 error code but no where does it tell me where to go to see how I can resolve the problem is..  I don't know if this post on this forum will generate some advice but thought I'd try.  I have pretty much had it with getting this file to work.  I would request a refund but I would imagine that is not an option.

I had a lot of trouble downloading the last update as well and was tearing my hair out.

Best advice would be to give them a couple of days to sort out their download server(s) and then try the standard download again.

I know that is frustrating for you, but the beta was never intended to have this many participants, and FSW is struggling to get control of the download situation..

Bert

Hi Both, I have exactly the same problem. I tried to re-install the previous version also but received the same 'offline activation' page.

It must be there activation server, I have submitted a support request which is normally responded too within hours, still waiting.

If it was not for piracy and some ripping off others livelihoods all this would not be required, but for now it is and I am willing to be patient whilst they fix the issue.  

I am sure they are busy working to fix the issue as Bert says. I feel its worth the wait as the aircraft is fun to fly and so very detailed however, my round the world trip is halted until the 414 comes back out of maintenance hanger :)

Hi there, I haven't been able to activate my aircraft since last night, sent in a ticket then but haven't heard anything back yet.  Hopefully this gets sorted soon, I wish I had known about the server issues before I uninstalled the previous version.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I had the same problem, found out they had some issues with the store. Seems to be working ok now I was able to download and install the latest.

ws5xzd-6.png
Johnny Green

CFII/SMEL
SF340B+

Flysimware has completed the transition to a new dedicated high speed server, so you should not have a problem downloading from the Flysimware store or website. As a test I tried downloading the C414 installer from the FSW store and it took less than one minute. Of course this also depends on your local internet service speeds.

Al

Edited by ark

Seems fixed, just downloaded a fresh copy, no issues. 🙂

• Like 1

Bert

I want to thank everyone who responded to my post.    I waited a few days and tried the download again and it worked perfectly as it should.  Great aircraft as it is with a lot of potential.

Once again, thank you.