Sign in to follow this  
VHOJT

Volanta hits FPS P3D 5.3 HF2

Hello all,

Is anyone else having an issue with Volanta reducing P3D to a slideshow (10 FPS or so) when the app is open on the PC?

As soon as I shut it again, FPS returns to normal.

Cheers,
Rudy

10 hours ago, VHOJT said:

Hello all,

Is anyone else having an issue with Volanta reducing P3D to a slideshow (10 FPS or so) when the app is open on the PC?

As soon as I shut it again, FPS returns to normal.

Cheers,
Rudy

9 hours ago, Swiss2259 said:

Hi,

I had the same issue, I uninstalled volanta for now.

cheers

Don't install the plug-in to P3D that Volanta asks you to do and then retry it. You can uninstall it via the settings in Volanta.  I run it with zero frame loss with P3D

• Like 1

Eric 

3 hours ago, B777ER said:

Don't install the plug-in to P3D that Volanta asks you to do and then retry it. You can uninstall it via the settings in Volanta.  I run it with zero frame loss with P3D

what functionality goes away by getting rid of that plugin anyway?  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I gave Volanta a go about 4 months ago (paid version) and found so many issues and bugs that I seriously questioned if this was ready for release. I contacted the developers via Discord channel and they eventually confirmed that these bugs were either known or were new and had been added to the bug fix list.

I use the excellent SimToolkit Pro now (https://simtoolkitpro.co.uk) which is 100% free, gets very frequent updates and has less bugs. Gets my votes for best freeware of the year and I’d heartily recommended it. 

Edited by alepro21

Formally screen name was Alex_YSSY until the forum software ate my account  ^_^

9 hours ago, micstatic said:

That's what I'd like to know.

I thought you'd need it installed for Volanta to get your position etc.?

10 hours ago, micstatic said:

I think it just reads your scenery or something. I don't have it installed and I am still able to track my flight while flying online on Vatsim and everything seems to work just fine for me with zero frame loss. 

• Like 2

Eric 

5 hours ago, alepro21 said:

I gave Volanta a go about 4 months ago (paid version) and found so many issues and bugs that I seriously questioned if this was ready for release. I contacted the developers via Discord channel and they eventually confirmed that these bugs were either known or were new and had been added to the bug fix list.

I use the excellent SimToolkit Pro now (https://simtoolkitpro.co.uk) which is 100% free, gets very frequent updates and has less bugs. Gets my votes for best freeware of the year and I’d heartily recommended it. 

I loaded this up but it uses an absolute ton of computer resources compared to Volanta now. I use Volanta and Simlink with Navigraph charts and combined they use less CPU resources than simtoolkit pro. Volanta now even has your full OFP direct from Simbrief once you import it for your flightplan on Volanta. Between that and FSL reading from Simbrief, it's a combo you can't beat. 

Edited by B777ER

Eric 

5 hours ago, B777ER said:

I loaded this up but it uses an absolute ton of computer resources compared to Volanta now. I use Volanta and Simlink with Navigraph charts and combined they use less CPU resources than simtoolkit pro. Volanta now even has your full OFP direct from Simbrief once you import it for your flightplan on Volanta. Between that and FSL reading from Simbrief, it's a combo you can't beat. 

I just checked and SimToolKit uses anywhere from 0.1% to 3% (during brief periods) of my 12 core/24 thread CPU, which tends to be about the same as ActiveSky. That is acceptable to me, but depends on your system of course.

SimToolKit also works with Simbrief in that you can create flights straight out of the tool (which is awesome as SimToolKit includes real world flight plans) via Simbrief, or you can simply one-click import any Simbrief flight plan created outside the tool. My favourite feature is that SimToolKit then also presents you a loadsheet displaying the Simbrief info as a always-on-top window which I sue during the prep phase of every flight.

Formally screen name was Alex_YSSY until the forum software ate my account  ^_^

6 hours ago, B777ER said:

agree.  

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

DId a full reinstall, got rid of appdata - didn't install plugin and still FPS are terrible for me now.

Not sure what's changed - seems to be since it updated a few weeks ago for me.

I’ve had no issues with volanta. Even tried getting rid of the plug-in. But frames didn’t improve. Everything seems fine with or without volanta 

I'm wondering if there is a link with the in-sim content the plugin provides maybe? I have no issues with Volanta either, & I have the 'aerocaches and in-simulator content' option unticked.

PUT In the UK.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x & Radeon RX570 8GB. Prepar3Dv5.3 @1080p

spacer.png