Sign in to follow this  
MaDDogz

Virgin media adds overtaking website

Since yesterday evening, when I’m looking around here, I get a full screen virgin media add, stating “I’m the chosen winner” . There is no way back, if I click back it’ll load a Richard Branson relieving the uk of financial worries…click back again and it loads another how Elon musk got rich ect ect…infinite loop…I have to open avsim on another tab to get back

i’ 

m now typing around an add in the text box,.

this it’s on an ipad 

Edited by MaDDogz

Luke Pype

With Firefox, try Add Blocker Plus addon. I see no adds ever. But if I use a phone, xbox, etc. adds galore. Adds up high would not a bother too much. Adds down low are a pain.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I’m on an iPad though? 
this add I’m referring to overtakes . As the user I have to completely reload the website. That can’t be normal.

Luke Pype

hmm, i'm now viewing on my PC, google chrome....not a single add...i haven't downloaded any add blocker though. Strange.

Any idea why i get that ad on my ipad? i'd be browsing new content scrolling down the page and then the ad consumes the entire screen(just pops up), sticks 4 additional pages in my history (all the same thing about Virgin) and cant get away from it apart from closing the tab.

Luke Pype

I had this too yesterday.

Some tips here on how to remove them:

https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-ernments-xyz/

• Like 1

Lawrence Hamilton

PMDG_737ngx_proud_own3_378x68.png

Again I’m on a IPAD, With IOS operating system that to my knowledge cannot be effected with virus or malware.

is that correct?

Luke Pype

38 minutes ago, MaDDogz said:

Again I’m on a IPAD, With IOS operating system that to my knowledge cannot be effected with virus or malware.

is that correct?

Based on everything that has happened to you and the solution so kindly provided by Lawy, what do you think?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, iwebber said:

Based on everything that has happened to you and the solution so kindly provided by Lawy, what do you think?

well, as i stated i was on an ipad,with IOS and given advice on how to remove malware from windows operating system, what do you think i should think??

Luke Pype

2 hours ago, MaDDogz said:

is that correct?

Any OS can be infected with a virus/trojan/malware.  Even Apple's products are vulnerable.  Read this: https://usa.kaspersky.com/resource-center/threats/can-iphones-get-viruses

• Like 1

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

55 minutes ago, MaDDogz said:

well, as i stated i was on an ipad,with IOS and given advice on how to remove malware from windows operating system, what do you think i should think??

In Lawy's link is the solution to removing the ernments.xyz malware from your iPad's Safari browser.

On my iPad I use "AdBlock Pro for Safari" from the App Store.

• Like 1

Turns out it’s actually avsim website that has the problem, not my iPad..

Luke Pype

Cmon guys. We've gone over this several times. 

Find an ad blocker compatible with your os and it all solve your problem. 

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals