Sign in to follow this  
Benbo

Future QW787 updates.

Hi Guys,

I asked the question on the QW Forum about future updates for the 787 in P3Dv5,this is the responce i got from one of the QW Team.I have startred a topic on the QW forums P3Dv5 Support under the micellaneous tab for you guys to add your ideas for improvements,bug fixes etc etc.

With Thanks,

Gary Jones.

There is a P3D update planned for the 787 .

Now would be a good time to tell us what features, or fixes you suggest be in the update.

But it would be best to it in the support forum.

ernie_sig.png
Ernie Alston
Development Team
Edited by Benbo
  • Like 1

I'll be honest I hardly ever fly this plane.  But the one thing I always wanted them to fix the most was the FPS of the altitude/speed tickers in the VC.  But they are well aware of this request as many others have wanted the same.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Make the Save Panel State feature a proper one. It has to save everything.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I wish they'd aim for FSL/Leonardo quality and charge more if they have to, e.g. make a "pro" version. In any case, if they're just now casually asking what users would like to see in an update that they haven't started on, that's not an encouraging sign.

I thought they might be looking at ms2020?

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

This add-on has always been just OK.  It's interesting, in some regards, how advanced it is but then they just stopped refining it.

I think an add-on airplane is tough for DEV.  After awhile I think they get tired of it and just let it go - it becomes more work then they realize.  The Milviz King Air and Aerosoft CRJ and airbus are all such examples and to a far lesser extent even PMDG.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

I've tried many times to get into flying the QW 787, but for some reason it just doesn't do it for me. The only way I can put it is that it just doesn't feel "alive" like some of the more premium aircraft that are on offer. It has definitely been vastly improved since its initial realise but still seems to be lacking a little. I'm hoping QW can do something with it for FS2020 because the base is there for an excellent simulation of the 787.    

• Like 2

23 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

I thought they might be looking at ms2020?

Not because they want to update a P3D products it means they are not looking at MSFS2020.. in fact they they are working on the 787 for MSFS 2020.

Edited by Alexandre6463

20 hours ago, james42 said:

I've tried many times to get into flying the QW 787, but for some reason it just doesn't do it for me. The only way I can put it is that it just doesn't feel "alive"

I feel exactly the same about flying the real 787, so perhaps you could say they’ve captured the character, or rather lack of character, quite well ! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

1 hour ago, jon b said:

I feel exactly the same about flying the real 787, so perhaps you could say they’ve captured the character, or rather lack of character, quite well ! 

Is this because it is more like an airbus in that it does a lot of the work for you?    Or something else?  I'm just curious.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

On 4/24/2022 at 1:43 PM, Dreamflight767 said:

This add-on has always been just OK.  It's interesting, in some regards, how advanced it is but then they just stopped refining it.

I think an add-on airplane is tough for DEV.  After awhile I think they get tired of it and just let it go - it becomes more work then they realize.  The Milviz King Air and Aerosoft CRJ and airbus are all such examples and to a far lesser extent even PMDG.

23 hours ago, james42 said:

I've tried many times to get into flying the QW 787, but for some reason it just doesn't do it for me. The only way I can put it is that it just doesn't feel "alive" like some of the more premium aircraft that are on offer. It has definitely been vastly improved since its initial realise but still seems to be lacking a little. I'm hoping QW can do something with it for FS2020 because the base is there for an excellent simulation of the 787.    

These are generally my sentiments as well.  While it has improved since launch, it sure seems to have hit a plateau quickly.  For me, the main driver is lack of systems depth.  While they somewhat mimic what’s there in reality, it feels very shallow combined with seemingly recycled internal generic sounds for many buttons, switches, systems, and ambience.  The 3D modeling itself is fine to me.

Just lacking refinement in general, as if the plane is a bunch of simplified systems stitched together.  I know the systems are intended to be somewhat basic (as I know some QW products are targeted for), but it feels there’s not much interaction among them and they can easily glitch out if you do anything incorrectly or abnormally; same for flight automation.

Only my thoughts.  As for something what features I want?  I suppose definitely start with displays (look and feel, refresh rate, etc) or any other polish; I’ll take what I can get at this point but I’ll not too hopefully for much further P3D development on this product.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

@TurboKen

Well, it’s a very comfortable environment to work in, it’s got massive windows letting in lots of light, the cabin altitude remains very low at 6,000ft with a humidifier, and it’s very quiet.

However I find the fly by wire system and the rigid carbon fibre construction just make it feel very soulless and you never really feel connected with the jet, plus I’m really missing the performance of the 747. The 787 will turn, climb and accelerate but you have to prioritise as it will only do about 1.5 of those 3 things at once so you have to chose.

I find the same with modern cars and motorcycles though, completely uninspiring compared to the stuff of only 20 years ago, so maybe it’s just me getting old.

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

2 hours ago, TurboKen said:

Is this because it is more like an airbus in that it does a lot of the work for you?    Or something else?  I'm just curious.

that's exactly what it is for me.  to me the 737NG is about as advanced as I want.  Probably why my favorites seem to be the Q400/MD-80/737/747.  the airbus puts me to sleep.  I also prefer non fly by wire.  

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

It's interesting that our aircraft preferences as virtual pilots have priority over passenger preferences when we're talking airliners. Do you remember all that was published about the "new" 787 and its larger windows with the ability to tint to total obscurity, the ability of mood lighting, better composite materials made it better to better control the cabin pressure, windows position higher than in other airliners for better views, etc. Of course I know that in this thread we're chatting about our personal preferences and not real-life passenger preferences. But I'm sure even real airliner pilots have preferences when it comes to aircrafts though they don't switch platforms as often as we do, if at all.

I prefer more of an active participation in my sim experiences. For example, I see it as a challenge how well I can manually fly an airliner while keeping the experience as smooth as possible for my virtual passengers. Sometimes I climb manually until reaching 10000 and take control from the autopilot earlier than what I would consider normal. I like Steveo1Kinevo's phase of "can't let the autopilot have all the fun" with the extra challenge of knowing that I can't taxi like driving a sports car now fly like I'm flying a fighter aircraft. Some folks here even prefer steam gauges over glass. Having said all that, I also like the sophistication of an Airbus just as I like the feel of a Boeing. 

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library