Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Ortho4XP_FSX_P3D Sweden

I have been trying to generate P3Dv4 photoscenery for southern Sweden with Ortho4XP_FSX_P3D, but the consistency in colouration is a bit of a problem. I have tried Bing/Google/ARC, but they all exhibit some problems. After a bit of investigation, it seems that using Hitta/SE/SE2 is best for Sweden photoscenery, but I am not sure how to access these. There was a suggestion that they are in the EUR option, but when I try to use that, all I get are multiple instances of "waiting for DK ticket to be updated" messages, which I assume means that nothing is being done?

The two areas that I am most interested in are around ESGG Gothenburg and ESMS Malmo airports, but both of these areas have problems with inconsistent colouration.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Have all of the Ortho4XP/FSX/P3D users departed? :huh:

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I built Sweden with SE2. It’s decent for the southern part of the country.

This was a while back, but from my memory you need to go into to config file and activate extra scenery providers.

I’ll have a look when I get a chance and see if I’m remembering things correctly.

One of the members here made some good autogen for Sweden which works well with SE2 Ortho. If you look back through the big ortho4p3d thread, you’ll see the Sweden discussion and the autogen link is in there.

Cheers!

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Thanks for the response, Rob. I am not sure how to update the config file, so any help would be appreciated. The most important aspect for me would be uniform colouration of the textures around Gothenburg and Malmo. The ones that I have tried have a big square area around Gothenburg painted in a different colour to the rest of the scenery, and some rather ugly lighter patches near Malmo.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Are there no other Ortho4XP_FSX_P3D users that are able to help me with this? I see that "Hitta.lay" is in the Providers/Sweden folder, but I do not know how to add this to the Imagery options. This is apparently the best option for generating Sweden photoscenery.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png