Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Leonardo Maddog to be released 30 April!

The Maddog has such a steep climb angle after takeoff, it’s really a blast (pardon the pun) to pull back and climb like a rocket.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

56 minutes ago, Alaska738 said:

I'm in doubt whether i should buy it or not? At the same time i can't know if i haven't tested it myself. I'll see in 2 days when i have it in my hands.

Buy it if you are willing to put the time in to learn it.But once you master it there is nothing like it. More fun than the 737NG and way more than the autobot A320. Don't misunderstand me. I simfly all three and love them all in their own different ways, but if I have the time I prefer the Maddog.

• Like 3

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

23 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

The MD is more of a brute to handle on descent than the 737, it picks up speed much faster when that nose starts dropping.

Speed reduction management is a hefty task when it comes to getting her ready for final, which is one of the things I love about the plane.

In FSX days the descent for final approach was showtime because the Maddog really felt like a huge hunk of metal you had to manage to slow down.

One of the most satisfying seat of your pants feeling take off and landing simulations I've ever experienced.

It honestly makes alot of other addon simulations feel dull and quite numb in comparison.

I would rank the Maddog and Majestic's Q400 top tier when it comes to seat of your pants feel aerodynamics.

My sentiments exactly.

• Like 1

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Anybody know of  plans for a live stream from an English speaking pilot ? 🙃

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

WAT1460.png

14 minutes ago, vcarlo said:

Yes, I have been struggling with that as well! 😳

Do any beta testers, or anyone in the know, if you can control the sound of the engines via the MSFS sound options to make them louder if need be.  I am yet to hear them from inside.  Just curious.

Simon

I just watched a couple long pre-release streams and it always amazes me how some people without much knowledge of the aircraft get beta access in the first place.  One streamer didn’t know what that the TRP panel was, and therefore didn’t set the assumed temperature for takeoff.  Also the fuel computer wasn’t set correctly as well.  Oh well in a couple days I’ll have it in my hanger myself.

• Like 7

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

This was a much anticipated release for a lot of flight simmers. Unfortunately there are not enough content that I can find in MSFS version of the aircraft that speaks about the system simulations and what has been offered. I have never owned MD-82 in any other flight sim platform and never experienced how deep the system simulation was. Therefore, it is really hard for me to come to a decision to see what I'm getting with the money I will be paying. I was following all the development updates and consuming any content I could find about this aircraft. However after hearing the asking price I'm having hard time to justify the price without seeing what it has to offer.

Visual quality, 3D model etc. are always subject to change and the developer might take on this after release to bring the visual fidelity up to the standards of the new platform. I do have to agree that the visuals I have seen so far doesn't look too different than the P3D version. Note that I don't own P3D and haven't seen it with my own eyes it's coming from a comparison that all of us have seen between P3D and MSFS version of the aircraft. I can understand the high fidelity and systems simulation that is close to the real life counterpart and that might help a little to wrap my mind around the pricing. However this is a wait and see decision for me until I see a seasoned flight simmer going through all the paces of the product and what has been offered in systems simulation.

Yes developing a piece of software is not easy especially given the state of SDK in MSFS as of today. However in my humble opinion I can't stop asking why the visual quality seems untouched and looks same as the P3D version(without knowing for sure). To me a high fidelity aircraft at this price point should check all the boxes including the visual department and sounds. at the end of the day it's all about immersion which is what we seek as flight simmers and visuals and sounds are also a part of that immersion. Especially with todays technology and more simmers using VR headsets to maximize the immersion to have a more realistic experience. I think a product and developer with this level of fame within the hardcore flightsim community should have plans for these shortcomings in my opinion.

I guess I have to wait until I see some reviews and details on the level of detail and maybe a development roadmap from the developer to see what is being planned after release to check all the boxes on the wish list.

• Like 1

I don't care to watch anymore beta/preview videos/streams of these payware addons.

It honestly ruins the anticipation for me and I find alot of these content creators quite boring to watch and listen to.

Then again....I can't bear to watch the official MS/Asobo live Q&A discussions either.🤣

Edited by blueshark747
  • Upvote 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

52 minutes ago, vcarlo said:

Lol. I am fluent in Spanish and I can understand Italian. So far, so good. My only complain is the sounds, but we already knew about it. Seems to be exactly the same thing as the P3D version. On the italian stream the guy say something in the lines of: `We have been many BETA releases on MSFS, but the Leonardo is the exception. Everything works perfectly, no surprises there`

You might want to bookmark this

Edited by neucoas
  • Like 1

Cheers :)

N.-

33 minutes ago, simon747 said:

Yes, I have been struggling with that as well! 😳

Do any beta testers, or anyone in the know, if you can control the sound of the engines via the MSFS sound options to make them louder if need be.  I am yet to hear them from inside.  Just curious.

You usually don't hear the engines in the cockpit in the real plane, either. They are at the tail of the aircraft and on top of that the MD-82 cockpit is crazy loud itself.
That said, IIRC on P3D there you could customise sounds/volumes in the Load Manager (a bit like PMDG's Operations Center, just... more useful).

5 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

You usually don't hear the engines in the cockpit in the real plane, either. They are at the tail of the aircraft and on top of that the MD-82 cockpit is crazy loud itself.
That said, IIRC on P3D there you could customise sounds/volumes in the Load Manager (a bit like PMDG's Operations Center, just... more useful).

Yes, aware of the engine location, lol.  On my P3D version of the Maddog I used their program to adjust levels of various sounds and had great sounds of the engines near the back of the plane over the wings etc.  JT8D are great low power and high.

How are sounds handled for the engine volume in the MSFS version; some ppl may want some control over that to match their tastes.  All aircraft so far in MSFS, default to add-on, sounds can be controlled by the MSFS sound menu.  Sounds are super important to me; just want to make sure I don't waste any money.  I would like to control them via some Load Mgr or default MSFS menu.

Simon

24 minutes ago, the_simpilot said:

This was a much anticipated release for a lot of flight simmers. Unfortunately there are not enough content that I can find in MSFS version of the aircraft that speaks about the system simulations and what has been offered. I have never owned MD-82 in any other flight sim platform and never experienced how deep the system simulation was. Therefore, it is really hard for me to come to a decision to see what I'm getting with the money I will be paying. I was following all the development updates and consuming any content I could find about this aircraft. However after hearing the asking price I'm having hard time to justify the price without seeing what it has to offer.

Visual quality, 3D model etc. are always subject to change and the developer might take on this after release to bring the visual fidelity up to the standards of the new platform. I do have to agree that the visuals I have seen so far doesn't look too different than the P3D version. Note that I don't own P3D and haven't seen it with my own eyes it's coming from a comparison that all of us have seen between P3D and MSFS version of the aircraft. I can understand the high fidelity and systems simulation that is close to the real life counterpart and that might help a little to wrap my mind around the pricing. However this is a wait and see decision for me until I see a seasoned flight simmer going through all the paces of the product and what has been offered in systems simulation.

Yes developing a piece of software is not easy especially given the state of SDK in MSFS as of today. However in my humble opinion I can't stop asking why the visual quality seems untouched and looks same as the P3D version(without knowing for sure). To me a high fidelity aircraft at this price point should check all the boxes including the visual department and sounds. at the end of the day it's all about immersion which is what we seek as flight simmers and visuals and sounds are also a part of that immersion. Especially with todays technology and more simmers using VR headsets to maximize the immersion to have a more realistic experience. I think a product and developer with this level of fame within the hardcore flightsim community should have plans for these shortcomings in my opinion.

I guess I have to wait until I see some reviews and details on the level of detail and maybe a development roadmap from the developer to see what is being planned after release to check all the boxes on the wish list.

I am not sure why you are doubting it. All of the many users of the Maddog sim in this thread have already stated their opinions on the systems depth of the Leonardo model. And the exterior shots look outstanding.

Maybe just wait and see and keep the Euro75 in your pocket for now.

Shez Ansari

2 minutes ago, ShezA said:

I am not sure why you are doubting it. All of the many users of the Maddog sim in this thread have already stated their opinions on the systems depth of the Leonardo model. And the exterior shots look outstanding.

Maybe just wait and see and keep the Euro75 in your pocket for now.

I know all of the many users stated how their experience was with the Maddog. I'm more concerned with the platforms SDK limitations. Also haven't seen too much about the MSFS version yet. I'd like to see some details before I make a decision. I guess like you said I'll have to wait and see.

Some say the maddog is more difficult to slow down.

Let me offer another view. You can deploy slats/flaps (up to 11 degrees) already at 280kts indicated. F15 at 240kts (which is the final fixed flap detent before landing flap 28/40). Not many planes of that size can so confidently level off at platform altitude and shake off speed so nicely as the MD80. The A320 requires 230kts before you can select F1, for instance.
Just be aware that for a decelerated ILS-approach  landing gear needs to be dropped already at 2.000ft AGL / F15. Select landing flaps around 1200-1500 AGL. This ensures stable at 1000ft. 

• Like 3

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |