Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Leonardo Maddog to be released 30 April!

51 minutes ago, the_simpilot said:

If it's really 7 fps difference between good textures and 3D model that matches what's under the hood I'm willing to take the FPS hit. I think it's a wait and see game for me until developer publishes a roadmap for 3D model and textures. In my opinion a product should meet what's under the hood from outside and I still can't see it from the videos I have watched on YT. This might be ok for some flight simmers and I don't have any problems with that but it's not on par with my expectations from a $80 product.

Maybe not around 50-60 fps but the video I saw had the maddog as low as 37 fps and the FBW dipped into the mid 20's is that the performance you willing to sacrifice when the main point is simulating an aircraft without a stutterfest? My biggest gripe with the MD80 is the sounds to be honestly and that is mostly external and im sure there will be a soundpack out within a few weeks..

Edited by jbdbow1970

1 hour ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Maybe not around 50-60 fps but the video I saw had the maddog as low as 37 fps and the FBW dipped into the mid 20's is that the performance you willing to sacrifice when the main point is simulating an aircraft without a stutterfest? My biggest gripe with the MD80 is the sounds to be honestly and that is mostly external and im sure there will be a soundpack out within a few weeks..

I agree with what you are saying but frankly I am surprised with these marginal arguments about an A pillar with slightly low-res texture or a sound effect that does not flow from ear to ear which makes it not worth the price...just step back and see the quality of the overall package....but I guess each one his own....

Edited by ShezA
  • Like 1

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

The overall quality of the cockpit is not on a top-notch level, that‘s for sure. They did not rebuild it from scratch like PMDG did, but rather ported the textures from P3D. I‘m not happy with it, but I still think the visuals is gonna be good enough, because it was excellent in P3D. This combined with the MSFS lighting will do only good.

But I absolutely would like an updated VC in the near future.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I will buy this tomorrow the second it releases, because it‘s the pinnacle of flight simulation.

Edited by Fiorentoni
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Fiorentoni said:

The overall quality of the cockpit is not on a top-notch level, that‘s for sure. They did not rebuild it from scratch like PMDG did, but rather ported the textures from P3D. I‘m not happy with it, but I still think the visuals is gonna be good enough, because it was excellent in P3D. This combined with the MSFS lighting will do only good.

But I absolutely would like an updated VC in the near future.

Fair enough. I am sure the feedback will be accepted by Leonardo.

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

All I want to know if is if we can adjust the volume of the engine sounds to suit our liking within MSFS or the LH load mags or iPad?  

Simon

6 hours ago, bendead said:

..and current hi-end hardware will get cheaper by the end of the year

I would not bet on this - very bad times at the moment and this stupid War make things more worse than ever and will not end this year.. ( i belive, but hoping i am wrong )

cheers 😉

• Like 2

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, simon747 said:

if we can adjust the volume of the engine sound

you can already do this now in the sound settings of MSFS

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

19 minutes ago, DAD said:

I hope this is the case!  

Hopefully https://www.ftsimplus.com will develop some great sounds of the MD-80 as the JT8D's need some love!

Simon

1 hour ago, DAD said:

No you can’t, not in a practical sense.

The default engine sound in MSFS is at 100% volume. These don’t go up to 11, you can’t turn it up further

The problem is that the engines are too soft for many - basically inaudible. Whilst this is realistic in some ways, you lose the sense that throttle changes have an effect.

I subbed louder engine sounds into my P3D version, and for me it makes the flying experience much more immersive.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

My first flight ever, 6 years old, was in a DC-9. The very reason I got into aviation.

And my first run in with the maddog was with FSX nearly two decades ago in FSX. I immediately realized the fidelity and the level of immersion this simulation had to offer. I only loaded it 10-15 times back then. I was building 737 flightdeck with my father and it consumed most of my leisure time.

But it remained and itch that I wanted to scratch ever since. The thread is full of testimonies stating that this is the de-facto standard for a study-level sim in general consumer marked... period.

A year ago I purchased the Rotate MD-80 version for x-plane. I finally had the time to go all in. And I did, 50+ flights to date. 

However, you sense that something is missing. And my thoughts went back to those few days I had with the maddog. The thrill of handling a simulation so close to the real one isn't something easily forgotten

My excitement went through the roof when I heard of the MSFS release.

But

I am a Boeing desktop driver at heart. And I bought a brand new PC for the sole purpose of flying PMDG simulations in MSFS one month ago.

So question for me is; do I want to get disrupted immersing myself in MSFS maddog, just to be interrupted when PMDG releases?

It takes me about 10-20 flights to get it all right. Handling, procedures, take-off, approaches etc. Immensely satisfying period, the first few months.

So I am going wait. Get PMDG out of my system, and then get the maddog later.

In an ideal world, where I am a grown up, this will happen.

But, then again, this bird has stuck with me since childhood. The chances I'll regress and act as a child on saturday, is very likely.

Price? Not an issue. I get my money worth every time I fire up the sim. I'll eat oatmeal 3 times a day for as long as it takes.

-----------------------------------------------

Morten Haughom

Greetings from the sticks!

N70° 22' 23 - E031° 06' 02

Vardø, Norway

From what I see it is more of a port from P3D to MSFS platform.  It is not evolutionary or revolutionary.  It needs better textures to take advantage of the MSFS graphics platform (unlike PMDG 737 and BAE146).  It also needs a sound pack for extra $$ to improve the sounds.  What it does have going for it is system depth and system modelling.  I have not seen reviews about the flight modelling as most previews are non-english.  It is a popular plane with character and history.  Worth the highest priced plane costing more that the PMDG 737 and JF BAE-146 with graphics and sound comparatively sub-par to those planes?  Probably not.  Will it sell to the P3D crowd, Yes.  A good thing it is coming out before the 737 and 146 to capitalise on sales.  Probably one reason it is releasing now without refreshing VC textures and  sound.   I could imagine this plane with a redone cockpit taking full advantage of MSFS graphics engine.  It would be stunning.  Until then, I will put my EUR75 toward the PMDG 737, BAE146 and the Cessna 310 (4 May release). I hope to come back to the MD82 down the track after the VC is redone.  Happy flying.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, sim4good said:

Worth the highest priced plane costing more that the PMDG 737 and JF BAE-146 with graphics and sound comparatively sub-par to those planes?  Probably not.

You don't even know how much the 737 costs...?
It has more and better features than the two you mentioned, and it is much deeper systems-wise, and it has immensly better support by the devs. JustFlight usually stops with updates after a couple of months (see the P3D 146), PMDG will mostly reduce their effort after half a year (24 weeks), Leonardo however has been updating the P3D version for years non-stop. Those 15 or so dollars difference are definitely worth it objectively.
However, if those things are not worth it to you personally, that's of course possible and entirely up to you. But one cannot say it's priced incorrectly. Objectively it's a bargain for 75 € + VAT (comparing features, depth, support etc. to the aforementioned).
Apart from that knowing Leonardo they will update the cockpit textures soon and bring them up to top-notch MSFS level (they had the best-looking VC of all payware airliners in P3D).

EDIT: I will of course buy the Maddog AND the 737 because I am a hopeless case.

Edited by Fiorentoni
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

Doesn't matter for us VR users...everything looks good in stereoscopic 3D.😛

I actually feel the,opposite - you’re looking around a lot so you notice second-rate textures near your head more. Like the blurry features on the pillar and the ceiling in the picture just posted here. It’s going to annoy me a bit. Same as on the p3d version. 

Meh, it was still the best airliner for VR in P3D, hopefully will be in MSFS as well.

Oz

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

26 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

You don't even know how much the 737 costs...?
It has more and better features than the two you mentioned, and it is much deeper systems-wise, and it has immensly better support by the devs. JustFlight usually stops with updates after a couple of months (see the P3D 146), PMDG will mostly reduce their effort after half a year (24 weeks), Leonardo however has been updating the P3D version for years non-stop. Those 15 or so dollars difference are definitely worth it objectively.
However, if those things are not worth it to you personally, that's of course possible and entirely up to you. But one cannot say it's priced incorrectly. Objectively it's a bargain for 75 € + VAT (comparing features, depth, support etc. to the aforementioned).
Apart from that knowing Leonardo they will update the cockpit textures soon and bring them up to top-notch MSFS level (they had the best-looking VC of all payware airliners in P3D).

EDIT: I will of course buy the Maddog AND the 737 because I am a hopeless case.

I’m not sure about these claims that the Maddog has better systems depth and features than the PMDG 737. Somethings yes, some things no.

I never considered the FSX or ped Maddog to be some ultimate pinnacle of sim craft. Rather, it’s a very good model of plane thats fun to fly, in part because it’s low-ish tech and in part because it’s a nice change from Airbus or Boeing.

‘In P3d, it was definitely in the top tier with pmdg, FSL and majestic, but my opinion on which one of these was best would change depending on which day you asked me!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Oz

7 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

I’m not sure about these claims that the Maddog has better systems depth and features than the PMDG 737. Somethings yes, some things no.

I never considered the FSX or ped Maddog to be some ultimate pinnacle of sim craft. Rather, it’s a very good model of plane thats fun to fly, in part because it’s low-ish tech and in part because it’s a nice change from Airbus or Boeing.

‘In P3d, it was definitely in the top tier with pmdg, FSL and majestic, but my opinion on which one of these was best would change depending on which day you asked me!

I tend to agree with your comments. Each of these sims were close to the top of the pile in their previous incarnations.

Shez Ansari