Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Leonardo Maddog to be released 30 April!

I think the discussion will continue whether it's up to par with the asking price or not when it comes to visual quality. Still none of us knows how the system simulation is to be fair. There are very little content about this aircraft. In my personal opinion this is a piece of software that has a visual component which to me is not good enough to justify the asking price. I strongly believe that flightsim market dynamics changed a lot with MSFS and it's huge user base. It almost feels like this is a Porsche/Ferrari of MSFS airliners being offered with a Honda Civic interior and sound. I don't feel like I will be happy with my decision if I went a head and purchased. To me a software product should check all the boxes to justify the steep price and to me it is steep given the pricing of other aircraft in the sim. Maddog fails to check the visual quality and sound boxes for me. Will I buy it? Maybe in the future when these things are fixed. Will keep this under my radar but it's not a day 1 purchase for me. Frankly this is solely personal preference and that's where my opinion stands.

Edited by the_simpilot
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, sim4good said:

From what I see it is more of a port from P3D to MSFS platform.  It is not evolutionary or revolutionary.  It needs better textures to take advantage of the MSFS graphics platform (unlike PMDG 737 and BAE146).

To be honest i'm not all that impressed with the 737 or the 146 textures myself they look too newish/cartoonish to me. There are certainly GA aircraft models out there that are better than them texture wise. You want good textures in an airliner just wait until that Fenix A320 drops.

Edited by jbdbow1970

An extensive tutorial / preview in english language:

I think we have come to the end of discussion on this thread. We have our individual observations and we should respect it. MODS might want to lock this thread.

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Lock this thread with the release tomorrow?  Surely you jest!?!?

• Like 3

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

34 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

An extensive tutorial / preview in english language:

Ultimate quick start guide for 58 minutes? That is gotta be some misunderstanding of word quick! LOL

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

4 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Ultimate quick start guide for 58 minutes? That is gotta be some misunderstanding of word quick! LOL

Nah that's the Maddog 😉 quite a different animal from the Airbus, which does everything automatically on its own.

14 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Nah that's the Maddog 😉 quite a different animal from the Airbus, which does everything automatically on its own.

Gotta love this youtube guy who used to make quick start videos for DCS aircraft under one minute LOL

Is there April 30 somewhere already? LOL

2 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

I never considered the FSX or ped Maddog to be some ultimate pinnacle of sim craft.

Agree to disagree..

I feel the Maddog was the ultimate pinnacle of sim craft and the Majestic Q400 a close 2nd in FSX.

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

4 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Is there April 30 somewhere already? LOL

In 30 minutes here in Korea. Wish it would immediately drop here at midnight haha.

By the time it's available here tomorrow, the servers will have probably already crashed and be in flames...

All I can do is get up in the morning, pour a cup of coffee, turn on the computer, and survey the apocalypse.

• Upvote 1

Do we know where Leonardo are based? at least that might indicate a rough time we could expect normal business hours to commence.

Dean Farley

5 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

The problem is that the engines are too soft for many - basically inaudible. Whilst this is realistic in some ways, you lose the sense that throttle changes have an effect.

I subbed louder engine sounds into my P3D version, and for me it makes the flying experience much more immersive.

I cant speak for the Mad Dog but having crewed on the B727 I can say quiet flight decks in rear engine airliners are quite realistic. There is wind noise of course and pelting rain can make it really noisy, not to mention, wipers, clackers, bells, horns and trim wheel movements but the one thing missing in the flight sim is fore and aft inertia which in the actual aircraft gives immediate sensory feedback on engine throttle condition particularly in the approach and landing phases where throttle movements are larger and more frequent.  Coupled with visual reference from engine instrumentation, there are enough cues that the lack of engine sound is not greatly felt.  

However, the Mad Dog is missing fore and aft inertia (as you would expect in a desktop sim) and without engine sounds I suspect it could make for a very difficult approach especially IMC or other high workload situations where engine performance may not be monitored as closely. So as much as it is not realistic to do so, the Mad Dog I think would benefit from at least 'pretending' that the engines can be heard from the flight deck. 

Cheers

Terry

Edited by Lord Farringdon
  • Like 2

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

To whoever said it just looks like the P3D model, this latest video showed that it's actually very clean texture.  It looks fantastic to my eyes.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.