Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Leonardo Maddog to be released 30 April!

7 minutes ago, Andayle said:

Do we know where Leonardo are based? at least that might indicate a rough time we could expect normal business hours to commence.

I believe they are based in Italy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Andayle said:

Do we know where Leonardo are based? at least that might indicate a rough time we could expect normal business hours to commence.

Italy.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lord Farringdon said:

... I suspect it could make for a very difficult approach especially IMC or other high workload situations where engine performance may not be monitored as closely. So as much as it is not realistic to do so, the Mad Dog I think would benefit from at least 'pretending' that the engines can be heard from the flight deck. 

Cheers

Terry

May be true but it's nice to know the Maddog can perform autoland 😉👍

WAT1460.png

6 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

No you can’t, not in a practical sense.

The default engine sound in MSFS is at 100% volume. These don’t go up to 11, you can’t turn it up further

The problem is that the engines are too soft for many - basically inaudible. Whilst this is realistic in some ways, you lose the sense that throttle changes have an effect.

I subbed louder engine sounds into my P3D version, and for me it makes the flying experience much more immersive.

The MD-80 cockpit video posted recently had a remark from the pilot stating how quiet the engines were from the cockpit.  Perhaps MD had requests from pilots to have an engine sound amplifier in the cockpit?

🤭

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

23 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

The MD-80 cockpit video posted recently had a remark from the pilot stating how quiet the engines were from the cockpit.  Perhaps MD had requests from pilots to have an engine sound amplifier in the cockpit?

🤭

Well there is a new virtual cabin utilizing new technologies within MSFS that the developers  put a lot of work in and that is right next to some VERY loud fuselage mounted engines...  

Simon

Watching the flightdeck2sim stream now. I think the amount of detail in system simulation is extra ordinary. Textures are not looking that bad either maybe the hardware of other creators were not high end. I still think they can use some improvements but this stream might be the one to change my mind fingers crossed 🙂

• Like 1

Regarding sounds, here are some sound files you might find of interest of various flight phases that I recorded on two Allegiant flights in 2015- KLAS - KXNA roundtrip

Tail numbers N410LV (MD83) Flight 438 and returned on N417NV (MD83) Flight 439

https://filehorst.de/d/epzstJpc

Edited by skully

1 hour ago, Lord Farringdon said:

and without engine sounds I suspect it could make for a very difficult approach especially IMC or other high workload situations where engine performance may not be monitored as closely. So as much as it is not realistic to do so, the Mad Dog I think would benefit from at least 'pretending' that the engines can be heard from the flight deck. 

Not that I get one, but if I did I'd vote to implement a pilot-monitoring in the simulation. PF keeps their eyes out of the cockpit, PM warns them when gauges start to look unhappy.

The P3D version had an addon from a third part developer which had options for loud or realistic cockpit sounds.

I have traveled in the MD-80 and DC-9 in the front part of the cabin and both are silent with just a whoosh sound so I prefered the realistic quieter sound. The DC-9 were still a little louder due to the older turbojets.

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

9 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Flightdeck2sim is live right now

This is guy is so good. I think the best that’s out there.

I woke up at 1am just so I could watch this. So pumped for this release!

• Like 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

The last of her kind... here's a few shots I took here in Vegas right before Allegiant started phasing them out.

al3j7kmj.jpg

md1drjtj.jpg

al5avjf1.jpg

al64uk77.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

Flightdeck2sim is live right now

This is the best livestream I've ever seen, very enjoyable to watch and the gentleman is very talented.

Anyone concerned about price should watch him configure the aircraft for decent and landing and the capabilities and systems of the aircraft when flown by a competent pilot- The new Leonardo Maddog will be worth every penny.

• Like 2

Super excited for this one! The price is well worth it given a day out with the wife and kids can cost more!

There's nothing like a passion project and this is the definition of one. Years of entertainment. 

Also happy as I will save on the 737-700 and wait for the -800 instead 🙂

• Like 1