Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Leonardo Maddog to be released 30 April!

23 minutes ago, WestAir said:

Ryan,

Something is wrong. Once the A/T gets you to takeoff power the thrust levers stay put until the sim senses movement in your physical throttles.

Personally I do try and "chase the EPR's" because it feels wrong not to have my hand on the levers until V1, but you shouldn't have to.

It appears to be sensing the noise in my old Logitech flight throttle quadrant.  I'm going to play around with the sensitivity settings a little bit and see if I can fix it.

• Upvote 1

Ryan

24 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Over the years, I get the impression that many opinions on the sim forums, stating things are totally wrong with the flight models, have never even been in a light aircraft, much less piloted one. 

Or an airliner for that matter 😉

André

1 hour ago, JRBarrett said:

especially during engine start when you need to use the mouse on the overhead console to hold the engine starter switch in the “on” position. 

Actuate the starter switch by scrolling the mouse wheel, and it will stay in position so you can look/click elsewhere.

32 minutes ago, rjack1282 said:

It appears to be sensing the noise in my old Logitech flight throttle quadrant.  I'm going to play around with the sensitivity settings a little bit and see if I can fix it.

Those things are such trash I had to ditch mine because I couldn’t take it anymore. Each axis also didn’t linearly correspond anymore either so setting each at various locations results in much different n1/n2/rpm numbers for multi engine aircraft.

Edited by JasonPC

1 minute ago, rjack1282 said:

Anyone have a good Simbrief profile for this bird?

You can do it yourself, just read the manual (Quick guide p.12). It's based on the default simbrief Md-82 but with important changes (weights and balances will be wrong otherwise; read the part with the pax&baggage weight)

7 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

Do they work for you, though?

As I reported yesterday, those options in load manager do not work for me at all.

In the P3D version I am able to select the panel states right before I begin the flight, by hitting “alt” and then selecting the drop down box. Is that available in MSFS?

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

Sounds like an add-on I should seriously consider.

90€ is a rather expensive investment for an add-on, but the ROI is almost immediate for passionate people like you Jose, you can believe me.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

1 hour ago, PilotPete99 said:

In the P3D version I am able to select the panel states right before I begin the flight, by hitting “alt” and then selecting the drop down box. Is that available in MSFS?

Cheers, Pete

Hi Pete,

My load manager is now communicating properly. I can change panel states from the appropriate drop down box, as is supposed to happen. Not sure what changed, maybe a simconnect issue.

It's the same program as P3D, when you start it up it gives you the option of MSFS or P3D v5. Some options available on the P3D version are missing, however.

• Upvote 2

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

1 hour ago, OzWhitey said:

Hi Pete,

My load manager is now communicating properly. I can change panel states from the appropriate drop down box, as is supposed to happen. Not sure what changed, maybe a simconnect issue.

It's the same program as P3D, when you start it up it gives you the option of MSFS or P3D v5. Some options available on the P3D version are missing, however.

Thanks, this is good news. I am not sure I can last much longer before I pull the trigger on this bird, even though P3D is still my primary sim.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 1

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Anyone figure out how to get the EFB and FMC into lbs inside the aircraft?  I changed the load manager program to lbs, also for specific livery from KGs to lbs, and hit the checkmark to update, but the aircraft weights both in EFB (takeoff data. landing data, FMC) are all still in kgs.

Asus Z590-E motherboard, i9-10850K, Samsung EVO 970 1T M2, 32G Gskill RGB 3000 RAM, ASUS Strix ROG 3090OC, Honeycomb Yoke and throttle, Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke and Throttle, Thrustmaster TRP rudder

I was watching Captain Canada's MD-80 stream just now, and he said "I think it's too quiet. Definitely too quiet. I can't wait for someone to make a soundpack." And since I've seen this same comment here a few times, I want to link an HD video of an MD-80 departing from the flight deck so those of you who have the product can compare reality versus sim versus expectation.

The very first time I was in an MD-80 I remember saying "Man, did we just do a dead stick take-off?" - And I was sitting in row 3 of the cabin.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

23 minutes ago, WestAir said:

I was watching Captain Canada's MD-80 stream just now, and he said "I think it's too quiet. Definitely too quiet. I can't wait for someone to make a soundpack." And since I've seen this same comment here a few times, I want to link an HD video of an MD-80 departing from the flight deck so those of you who have the product can compare reality versus sim versus expectation.

The very first time I was in an MD-80 I remember saying "Man, did we just do a dead stick take-off?" - And I was sitting in row 3 of the cabin.

I wrote about the sounds in the real MD80 above. They are silent in the front and loud in the back. Great video, also shows how complex the workflows are.

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

30 minutes ago, ashepherd316 said:

cool thanks also how do you open the programme to configure the aircraft 

The Load Manager...? Click on it?