Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Leonardo Maddog to be released 30 April!

10 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

disable Lens corrections in graphics. Also when a switch is down, you need to use the wheelmouse to go up

I believe I have that set to “off” already, but I’ll double check later.

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

7 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

Because the Landing gear texture makes the aircraft unflyable right ? I've head some of the most ridiculous complains on the textures. Concordes has bad textures, the maddog has good textures with a few lower res one where it doesn't really matter. Wherever you need to look as a pilot is a good quality,  there is a few area where  you almost never look, this is where you get the lower quality. it's not a big deal but somehow it has becomes the topic of all complains. It's not a game breaker in any shape or form and gives the aircraft a good performance.  That's a winner in my book.

Well without knowing for sure who you addressed this response, visual quality in my opinion is a subjective term. Something that's ok for you might not be ok for me. Also yes having good textures is not going to make the aircraft fly. However, the devs should understand and accept that the days where X-Plane and P3D graphical quality was the top of the line are over. MSFS raised the bar and if others are doing all they can to bring their products up to the new standard I think it's at least my right as a customer to expect something similar from this developer too. Otherwise I'm conflicting with myself and my decision, it might not be for some but $82 is a lot of money and some people work a month to earn that much. To me it doesn't matter if the low res texture is in an area I don't look as much as the virtual pilot. I like to feel the immersion when I'm in the cockpit and it's important to me. This in my opinion shouldn't be a justification for a company trying to sell their product. At this price point let's be realistic these texture and sound quality wouldn't earn them any business in MSFS if it wasn't for their reputation for the Maddog. Going forward their response to community is what will drive that reputation.

I as the customer am expecting the seller of this product to provide some future plans on bringing this product up to the new standards. Therefore I can say that they live up to their reputation I have seen here from seasoned flight simmers. I wouldn't have purchased the aircraft if it wasn't promoted by the community this much. As a first time customer I still stand to see if the developer is measuring up to the reputation they have among flight sim community.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

People in here be like... Plane is garbage, no 8k textures!

Same people a week later after getting 8k textures.... Plane is garbage, has low frame rates!

🤷‍♂️

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Eric 

17 minutes ago, JRBarrett said:

Personally, I always use the mouse wheel to manipulate switches in MSFS, even if they natively support bi or tri directional clicks. I’ve always done it that way - it is my preferred method. But, I understand that not everyone wants to use the wheel.

Don't have the issue with the click spots as with the review and also he missing a view things 😉 But I'm using the mouse wheel too 🙂

André

2 minutes ago, awf said:

Don't have the issue with the click spots as with the review and also he missing a view things 😉 But I'm using the mouse wheel too 🙂

Same here, this is the most useable aircraft I have regarding ease of use for the click spots.

15 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Same people a week later after getting 8k textures.... Plane is garbage, has low frame rates!

🤷‍♂️

That's quite interesting what you said about low frame rate.

If you go back a couple of pages, you will see my screenshot of the VC on an ultra wide screen, with texture at high. Some part of the VC is ok, but some texture are really poor, switching to ultra made all the textures look sharp, but killed my FPS. So before doing 8k, they can start with that.

Edited by bendead
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, David Roch said:

Knowing that the systems coding is already done and mature since the P3D version, folks like us are paying full price for a ported product from previous FS versions and that is a bit harsh, particularly when some new MSFS features are not exploited (interactive checklists, drone's views presets, cockpit high quality texturing, surround sounds and so on).
At least one would have expected a discount for this new version when owning previous ones.
But despite that, I don't regret my purchase because this bird is a joy to fly.

Indeed my point as well. It hurts me seeing is the best simulated airliner for MSFS but with less of MSFS features.

Anyway, I don't regret buying it as well, just concerns that we wanted to highlight.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

20 minutes ago, the_simpilot said:

At this price point let's be realistic these texture and sound quality wouldn't earn them any business in MSFS if it wasn't for their reputation for the Maddog.

Bingo. I'm not picky about the textures that rarely get looked at, and don't care about "8K" textures. But the sounds?? AWFUL! And there are few cockpit textures that look like a port. For the extremely high price, it should be a pretty dang flawless, ground breaking addon. Also, what is with the need for an external program?... I agree 100% that if it wasn't for their reputation from previous sims, this would be laughed at for the price. 

Edited by Hatch76

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

34 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

Because the Landing gear texture makes the aircraft unflyable right ? I've head some of the most ridiculous complains on the textures. Concordes has bad textures, the maddog has good textures with a few lower res one where it doesn't really matter. Wherever you need to look as a pilot is a good quality,  there is a few area where  you almost never look, this is where you get the lower quality. it's not a big deal but somehow it has becomes the topic of all complains. It's not a game breaker in any shape or form and gives the aircraft a good performance.  That's a winner in my book.

Well there are a few more. In the video I saw a rotary knob with the light reflection baked in. That for me alone would be a pass because every time you have to turn that knob the light spot goes round and round. I guess this will get corrected somewhere but for the price the devs should have noticed that themselves before release.

One thing everyone here should note is that LSH is a one-aircraft company. They constantly upgrade the Maddog, and have done so for a decade. Obviously that means nothing to a lot of people, but for those who have spent good money on the plane already, know that you'll be getting new features and updates 1, 5, 10 years down the line. Your money isn't just being spent on Ferrari's and steak dinners by the devs.

• Like 4

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

18 minutes ago, B777ER said:

🤷‍♂️

You're just making an assumption that performance will be bad if the textures are improved or even the 3D model. No one knows that for sure. Performance might get a hit but at the end it's about finding the balance for visual quality. Current textures might look good to the eye on 1080p. I use the sim with 2K resolution and the textures are ok quality. I still can't say they are on par with the asking price. VC can benefit from 3D model and texture improvements and this product might attract more who are new to flight simulation and still trying to learn a high fidelity aircraft.

Just now, the_simpilot said:

You're just making an assumption that performance will be bad if the textures are improved or even the 3D model. No one knows that for sure. Performance might get a hit but at the end it's about finding the balance for visual quality. Current textures might look good to the eye on 1080p. I use the sim with 2K resolution and the textures are ok quality. I still can't say they are on par with the asking price. VC can benefit from 3D model and texture improvements and this product might attract more who are new to flight simulation and still trying to learn a high fidelity aircraft.

Are you using texture resolution set to "ultra"?

1 minute ago, Fiorentoni said:

Are you using texture resolution set to "ultra"?

I am, still trying to see if there's something in my settings.

Go back on the thread. I posted screenshot of my VC, it doesn't look low quality at all. 

• Upvote 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

24 minutes ago, the_simpilot said:

However, the devs should understand and accept that the days where X-Plane and P3D graphical quality was the top of the line are over. MSFS raised the bar and if others are doing all they can to bring their products up to the new standard I think it's at least my right as a customer to expect something similar from this developer too.

To be honest, this will be the issue with some developers coming from P3D and FSX, with P3D/FSX mindset. If you have developers who are starting fresh in MSFS with MSFS mindset, they will sure to utilize every single feature of MSFS or developer with open mind that are willing to explore and learn about MSFS graphic features (for examples decals, I think Maddog doesn't use that but are used in CRJ and FBW). 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super