Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Leonardo Maddog to be released 30 April!

6 minutes ago, the_simpilot said:

I fly in VR and can say it's not optimized for VR in MSFS. I don't own P3D therefore, I don't know how it was in VR in P3D. Ghosting in animations, baked in reflections look just bad in VR. They seem ok in 2D screen with 2K resolution. Not great but ok however in VR it's just looks bad.

I don't have VR hence can't really comment. But do textures look different VR vs just monitor? Or both look the same?

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

30 minutes ago, the_simpilot said:

Again bad or good is a subjective term. I don't like to look at baked reflections on the throttle and all of the switches at the overhead. These might be ok for you but they are not ok for me especially for a $82 product. Also the panel textures with baked shadows and pixellation when you get closer is a huge immersion breaker in VR. Also look closely when turning the HDG, SPEED, COURSE knobs the image becomes blurry and there's quite a bit of ghosting, side effects of porting animations from another sim

Not just the textures, but the model itself is disappointingly simplistic for this price point. I bought it, it's my first time owning a Maddog. They did a pretty fair job with the coding but sounds, textures, modeling... meh.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

6 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

maybe the issue is just VR as I don't have this issue and I don't use VR. 

The issue isn't VR, it's that certain visual shortcomings are easily noticed in VR due to the nature of VR and how it works. These same shortcomings are not easily noticed on a screen.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Just now, Chapstick said:

Then how come I can hear the APU as if it's right behind the cockpit? 

I can get the subjectivity of graphics, but the defense of the 20-year old, rehashed sounds blows my mind. 

I'm not defending the sounds, in fact, I've bought the TSS and Immersive soundsets for P3D (and for the Rotate MD-80 for that matter, which sounds are not exactly great either). I said they were good for a default experience, but not great. Maybe I should have rephrased that better. Leonardo has always catered to a very specific audience who are willing to look over such aspects and whether we like it or not it seems will remain that way.

7 minutes ago, the_simpilot said:

I hope Leonardo is better than you when it comes to customer service. I reserve all rights to comment on what I think is not on par with asking price. You can keep paying premium price to anything that's ported to MSFS with no model and texture improvements. I fly in VR and these things are deal breakers for me. Besides I said there's room for improvement I don't recall saying unacceptable in my posts at least.

I don't have a problem with your right to comment nor with your opinion regarding the textures, and I don't think I addressed my message to you individually. I don't even have VR to either confirm or deny your claim about texture quality being a deal breaker for VR. All I'm saying is that after two years a developer comes with a solid hi-fidelity (systems and flight dynamics wise) product for MSFS and some claims found here in this thread basically confirm why MSFS per se is lacking so many important flight simulator features and many just don't seem to care as long as it looks good.  

Enrique Vaamonde

12 minutes ago, flyingpogo22 said:

Please calm down and step away for a while to cool off.  Give Leonardo a credit for creating the airplane for us. If you think $75 euro is too expensive, you had a chance to look at the videos, screenshots before you buy it. Why did you buy it in the first place?  I really enjoyed flying this jet so much and I am not too worried about texture quality at this time. I think it looks great where it is. We didn’t have any airliners  in the simulator before this.  I’m sure it’ll improve over the time. Relax and enjoy your flight on MD-80 dude. 

That's what I said in my posts so far. I purchased with hopes that the developer will improve these areas in the future until I was confronted by forum members to as why I should be happy with getting a high fidelity aircraft and the textures are good enough and whining about textures and visuals. I enjoy the product as is no issues there. I am saying it can get better and become the top of the line addon for MSFS. Of course I give credit to the developer but I also want them to understand that the bar is raised quite a bit since P3D X-Plane days.

The way some responses are worded are just so irritating that I felt the need to respond.

Edited by the_simpilot

For those of you having clickspot issues, have you tried disabling lens correction in the graphics settings? For some reason it offsets the clickpots for me and disabling it made a world of difference.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Enrique Vaamonde

2 minutes ago, evaamo said:

All I'm saying is that after two years a developer comes with a solid hi-fidelity (systems and flight dynamics wise) product for MSFS and some claims found here in this thread basically confirm why MSFS per se is lacking so many important flight simulator features and many just don't seem to care as long as it looks good.

Saying textures don't look that good doesn't mean people only care about visuals. There's loads of praise on the system simulation everywhere.

• Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

2 minutes ago, evaamo said:

I'm not defending the sounds, in fact, I've bought the TSS and Immersive soundsets for P3D (and for the Rotate MD-80 for that matter, which sounds are not exactly great either). I said they were good for a default experience, but not great. Maybe I should have rephrased that better. Leonardo has always catered to a very specific audience who are willing to look over such aspects and whether we like it or not it seems will remain that way.

I don't have a problem with your right to comment nor with your opinion regarding the textures, and I don't think I addressed my message to you individually. I don't even have VR to either confirm or deny your claim about texture quality being a deal breaker for VR. All I'm saying is that after two years a developer comes with a solid hi-fidelity (systems and flight dynamics wise) product for MSFS and some claims found here in this thread basically confirm why MSFS per se is lacking so many important flight simulator features and many just don't seem to care as long as it looks good.  

I apologize if I misunderstood your intent. I am with you on that, there's a group of MSFS users who will buy anything that looks good for sure. I am not one of them I was craving for an aircraft at Zibo 737 or Toliss level since the sim came out. I am happy with how complex Maddog is and how much work is needed to get her up in the air. In VR it doesn't make me feel like I'm in the cockpit and that's due to ported textures and animations. Again I hope Leonardo does something to improve these over time. For now I'm flying the Maddog in 2D not in VR to enjoy more.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, threegreen said:

The issue isn't VR, it's that certain visual shortcomings are easily noticed in VR due to the nature of VR and how it works. These same shortcomings are not easily noticed on a screen.

Exactly this, in VR your eyes catch more than just the instruments and it's breaking the immersion when you see ghosting in the animation when turning a knob or baked in reflections of the switches and throttle just stands out naturally in VR as not looking realistic.

7 minutes ago, the_simpilot said:

Of course I give credit to the developer but I also want them to understand that the bar is raised quite a bit since P3D X-Plane days.

I’m assuming that you’ve made them aware in their forum, right?

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

2 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

I’m assuming that you’ve made them aware in their forum, right?

Make aware of what you exactly mean? I'm waiting for may account to be approved by an admin so that I can post in their forum. It was interesting to see that your account needs verified by an admin in 2022.

Edited by the_simpilot

4 minutes ago, the_simpilot said:

Make aware of what you exactly mean? I'm waiting for may account to be approved by an admin so that I can post in their forum. It was interesting to see that your account needs verified by an admin in 2022.

Leonardo asks that those with questions, suggestions or issues with the product to use their ticket system.

No need to have your account approved for forum use.

Fly the Maddog X - Support Ticket System - Select a category

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

I have no issues with click spots whatssoever, if that helps. They are all perfect for me. Do you have a timestamp from the video so I can see where he has problems?

He starts the negative critique at 1 hour and 6 minutes. The problem with the click spots is mentioned at 1:08:45. I did not watch the video where he was having the problems, I just listened to his final comments.

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level F-18 Hornet | Supersonic Medical Transport | Dubai to Abu Dhabi | First Mission in DCS World | 4K

26 minutes ago, evaamo said:

For those of you having clickspot issues, have you tried disabling lens correction in the graphics settings? For some reason it offsets the clickpots for me and disabling it made a world of difference.

Hey Enrique !  Tell me how you like this Maddog ?  Is it good ? Great ? Not quite like so but with potential to get better ?

I bought the first version for fs9 many moons ago 🙂  

An pold DC-9 30, KLM, was the first aircraft I entered IRL, for a short visit at the parking slot around 1973 🙂

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...