Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Leonardo Maddog to be released 30 April!

10 minutes ago, rickjake said:

I suspect that if Leonardo do not get the sales results they are expecting with this release at the current price, they would adjust the price accordingly to increase sales.  Business 101. 

That’s Business 101?      Strange, it would seem to me that adjusting the price downward, after making sales to a generally informed customer base in a niche market, would be an invitation to a sh#storm followed by disastrous sales for any subsequent products as the market sits on its hands waiting for the price to drop.

• Like 1

Spent past weekend deleting p3dv5 and all the $$$ addons (fsl, pmdg, maddog, active sky, orbx, so on) to free up nvm space.
Ready for the mfs maddog and 737. maddog is going to be great. 

• Like 3

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

5 minutes ago, WestAir said:

The LM MD80 has always been above PMDG on the fidelity ladder. A wall of text won't do it justice. 

It probably has 10x the amount of code found in the DC6. Thankfully it's not 10x the price.

Im curious, why do you regard the md80 being higher fidelity than pmdg products?  I love both btw.  I really want to justify buying the maddog again since i love the md80 but i had it for p3d and even before msfs took over and didnt fly it so much.  I love the airframe but im one of those that fly real world routes or it just doesnt feel immersive to me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

8 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

That’s Business 101?      Strange, it would seem to me that adjusting the price downward, after making sales to a generally informed customer base in a niche market, would be an invitation to a sh#storm followed by disastrous sales for any subsequent products as the market sits on its hands waiting for the price to drop.

They are probably only going to cater to the "informed simmer" with that assumption. I who have never had any of their previous products and have no "loyalty to the brand" will have to arrive at a purchase decision via other means.

Be it an overwhelming love for the aircraft or classics or for the time being, the allure of being first product out the gate with pretty much all systems being modeled and simulated properly.

Apart from that there is a certain price threshold for everyone .. and for the ones who possess more than a casual interest but acknowledge that this isn't on the must have list  price becomes a major deciding factor.

Edited by Maxis
  • Like 3

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

Not every aircraft has to be mainstream. If you can't afford it, don't buy it. that's it.

• Like 10
  • Upvote 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

2 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

Not every aircraft has to be mainstream. If you can't afford it, don't buy it. that's it.

I think everyone knows that the money resides in the potential consumers pockets. Last time i checked though.

They had the option to air their concerns .. and give feedback .. positive and negative.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

This will be the fourth time I'll pay for the Leonardo Maddog, and I'll do it with my eyes closed.

This is the most comprehensive add-on for the MSFS platform since the FS9 days, bar none. You can say what you want about FSLabs or PMDG, but Leonardo beats them all.

It's a challenging, fun, and reliable rendition of the MD-8x. To me, this is the best kind of add-on for MSFS: you enjoy a high-fidelity (aka study-level) simulation of an airliner that can do modern ops but is old school enough to make it challenging (read: engine and systems management and VOR/ADF/ILS navigation), but in addition to that, it is really fun to hand fly and shoot visual approaches in it. In the country where I was born (Venezuela) there were mostly DC-9s and MD-80s operating for the local airlines, and not only was I lucky enough to be in the jumpseat a couple of times on domestic flights in both IMC and visual conditions (it is a busy cockpit!), but I have friends who flew it until not long ago that later transitioned to bigger birds such as the 777, 747 and 787. They all miss flying the Maddog. Some of them still fly the Leonardo because of its fidelity. 

If you are new to the hobby or to MSFS, you should definitely get this aircraft. It will provide countless hours of fun and Leonardo has been a supportive developer since...ever!

HTH the undecided

-E

• Like 12

Enrique Vaamonde

4 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

The Maddog is the MSFS aircraft equivalent of a Porsche or Aston Martin.  I'm surprised its as cheap as it is.

• Like 4

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Gonna be a fun summer with this and the 737. Tube liner city.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

Just for anyone who is rather "new" to this airplane - Leonardo is the developer with the best image in the whole flight simulation genre. I have NEVER, not once, heard anyone talk negative about Leonardo. It's like 100% customer satisfaction, and that is with customers that are VERY demanding. I think that goes a long way of telling how good this product is.

This is probably the strongest argument for Leonardos MD80.

It takes years to build an excellent reputation and minutes to destroy it. Leonardo seems to have accomplished the task that takes years and I've never read a single post or negative comment from a disappointed customer. Either Leonardo has got quite a few bad boys eliminating unsatisfied customers all around the world, or their product simply has a 99+% customer satisfaction...

A strong pro compared to PMDG is also that Leonardo never complained about MSFS/Asobo and they do not need to announce announcements like 35 times.
They just get their sht done and don't blame others when they run into problems in development.

I never buy on day 1 and this time I'm waiting for the MD80, iniBuilds A310 and Fenix A320 and the best of those three will be awarded by whatever amount they charge me for it.
Someone wrote it before: I'll be using this addon for at least half a century decade (I'm doing 200-250 flights each year on average) and I do simply not care if a flight "costs" 5 cents or 8 cents over the whole timespan I'll be using it.

Edited by Konterhalbe
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 4

While I'm bummed about the steep-ish price (on par with past releases, which have had their costs increase over the years), this one is well worth the price. People comparing this to the DC6 and Bae146 need to get real as what you "get" and the level of support far exceeds those. It would be nice to see a small discount for repeat buyers but I'm not surprised if there isn't one since there was likely a huge amount of effort to bring this over to msfs. My only wish (which from the videos didn't appear to be the case) was for improved sounds. It's always taken a sound pack to truly bring them up to the level of quality demanded by this aircraft, which is an additional cost.

Edited by JasonPC
  • Like 2

Don't use the sim often enough to justify this price. Will pass too but I hope the pmdg 737 comes in lower.

I'm really happy for the airliner fans - finally you'll have something hard core to use!  I won't be partaking it's not really my style of flying.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

3 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

And do people outside of EU also have to pay VAT on top of that?  Hmm, that's pretty expensive if VAT is added on top.

That's the opposite: only people IN the EU will pay VAT, because VAT is an European tax. Those outside Europe, will pay *their* own sales taxes, but only if the vendor they are purchasing from has a presence in that country.

I really don't understand why people assume that tax regulations is something a developer can "choose" or as if a developer is smarter than another one because it allows you to not pay due taxes. What matters regarding tax is:

- Where the SELLER is located ( which is almost never the developer, even if you think you are buying "direct", but basically no sane developer deals with payments directly, they all use a 3rd party )

- Where YOU are located

So, you can sometimes chose where you buy from, which might allow you to not pay extra taxes in some cases, for example if you live outside the EU and are buying from an EU seller, VAT is never charged. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Konterhalbe said:

A strong pro compared to PMDG is also that Leonardo never complained about MSFS/Asobo and they do not need to announce announcements like 35 times.
They just get their sht done and don't blame others when they run into problems in development.

Writing press releases, making videos, having relationships with YouTube influencers...each of these take away valuable time from doing what should be the most important thing: make the...actual product.

• Like 4