Sign in to follow this  
abranpuko

stutters, stutters, stutters

Hello, since two weeks ago, my MSFS has many stutters on taxiways, airports in general.

I havent changed anything on my rig, settings, etc...

my nvidia controller is the last one.

before two weeks, all mas smooth.

after watching many tutorials about fixes, nothing changes. Even if i had a RTX 3090, there are stutters so...

could Asobo fix that? im not the only one.

thanks!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Some thing is not right with your set up, as i only have a Radeon XT5700XP and get no stutters apart from the usual ones at EGLL, and JFK. PC Specs below.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

23 minutes ago, abranpuko said:

Hello, since two weeks ago, my MSFS has many stutters on taxiways, airports in general.

after watching many tutorials about fixes, nothing changes. Even if i had a RTX 3090, there are stutters so...

thanks!

You got developer turned on during the stutters? What’s yours hardware doing at the time of the stutters an how’s fps does it drop during it?

• Like 1

Do you see the white circle spinning in the bottom right corner? If so, toggle Dev mode on of and you will be fine, it is a bug that I hope they have solved with today's patch.

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

14 minutes ago, abranpuko said:

thanks!

Rename your Community folder and run MSFS again.  MSFS should create a new Community folder.  If there are no more stutters, you can take your renamed Community folder and change it back to Community again.

Add-ons are a big reason why people have CTDs and stutters.

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

You are probably main thread limited, massive issue with MSFS. Can throw any top end CPU and GPU at it and it is still main thread limited in certain heavy duty scenarios. this causes no end of stuttering. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abranpuko said:

thanks!

I've noticed the same thing with my sim. I've changed nothing as well. I've decided to cut back on VR and resort to 2D (hard to go back) as the problem is exacerbated in VR.  At least in 2D it's micro-stutters.  The problem is more prevalent in dense tree areas like the Atlanta area.

• Like 2

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

In my experience of flight sims (over 30 years) stutters have been mainly due to having in game or graphics card settings too high.  Try running both at default and crank them up little by little until the stutters reappear then drop back a little.

The other thing is addons, so it's always best to remove them when you are testing.

Edited by cianpars
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

28 minutes ago, cianpars said:

In my experience of flight sims (over 30 years) stutters have been mainly due to having in game or graphics card settings too high.

In my experience VULKAN solved them in XP, so let's hope DX12 does the same for MSFS? 

• Like 1

If you're using AIG's traffic, lower the AI and see if that helps.

• Like 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

3 hours ago, abranpuko said:

thanks!

I thought I was the only one!

I have the exact same issue. I did not touch my sim for a few days and suddenly I have a lot of stutters, especially on ground and when moving my camera. I have changed no settings whatsoever.

• Like 1

I would note that it could also be a case of:

Problem with the internet connection or the MS servers in your area

Problem with a driver setting, maybe introduced through a new driver like AMD Chill.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2022 at 3:35 PM, Ixoye said:

Do you see the white circle spinning in the bottom right corner? If so, toggle Dev mode on of and you will be fine, it is a bug that I hope they have solved with today's patch.

Youre my hero of today! This solved my stuttering! Thanks!

• Like 1