Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

EMBRAER PHENOM 300E released

On 4/26/2022 at 9:48 AM, mtr75 said:

What issues, specifically? I fly the WT G3000 and I find it absolutely awesome (and I'm a RW instrument-rated pilot, so I know my way around Garmin units a bit).

Also I wanted to go back and try this in hopes that you had a version I didn't - for starters I had to make a simple FPL to get it to load - I couldn't just press PROC.  Once I did this I selected an IAF (standard T rnav approach etc) but it not only draws this silly huge arc, it make the active leg from the IAF to the central IAF.  It should be going direct JIMKI in my pic here from PPOS

This is the RNAV 21 at KDLH for reference.  Also, impossible to load Vectors to Final like I would for practice irl (not that I'm flying a G3000 hehe - but it would work the same as the GTN or GNS).

52033598647_386c4b8714_k.jpgC700_rnav21fail by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

On 4/26/2022 at 11:00 AM, sd_flyer said:

Interesting thing about people. They tend to change their mind over time...:)

Especially when basic necessities such as food on the table and a roof over the head is involved.

Win 11 Pro, MSFS Deluxe, Quest 2.

On 4/26/2022 at 3:15 PM, ryanbatc said:

It's not always that though - I'm in a different time of my life vs some users. Four kids and wife going through grad school - don't always have time for 20 min startup etc etc.  Sometimes carenado works for me!

Just did a quick flight in the Carenado Phenom (P3D/FSX) port over and SU9 has fixed the throttle axis assignment bug that plagued older neglected addons.

The port over Phenom still flies great and feels solid and still looks better than this recent payware Phenom. I was surprised the Carenado Phenom even started after all these SU changes.

These Carenado planes are still quite visually impressive for old MDL model tech.

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

On 4/26/2022 at 11:43 AM, Ricardo41 said:

Pretty much still vaporware. 

Having spoken with those devs and having hung out with FlightFX when they went to scan and record the Vision Jet, I can say confidently neither are even vaguely vaporware.

We are looking forward to getting the G3000 refresh into those birds and you can bet they're going to be great testbeds for the new systems and installer customization options.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, MattNischan said:

We are looking forward to getting the G3000 refresh into those birds and you can bet they're going to be great testbeds for the new systems and installer customization options.

Oh we are looking forward to that juicy G3000 hehe!

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

2 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

Also I wanted to go back and try this in hopes that you had a version I didn't - for starters I had to make a simple FPL to get it to load - I couldn't just press PROC.  Once I did this I selected an IAF (standard T rnav approach etc) but it not only draws this silly huge arc, it make the active leg from the IAF to the central IAF.  It should be going direct JIMKI in my pic here from PPOS

This is the RNAV 21 at KDLH for reference.  Also, impossible to load Vectors to Final like I would for practice irl (not that I'm flying a G3000 hehe - but it would work the same as the GTN or GNS).

52033598647_386c4b8714_k.jpgC700_rnav21fail by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

I’m glad you did, I meant to reply to you. That’s bizarre! It almost looks like the VOR/DME 21 approach, which has a DME arc. And you have the WT mod? Do you use Navigraph as well?

Now I’m curious. I will say I got vectors to final on Vatsim today and didn’t see where you could load that in the Procedures page. So I just loaded a transition and then used heading mode until I was established and then hit Appr. 

I’d like to figure out what it is, because honestly I think the WT G3000 is absolutely amazing. 

10 minutes ago, mtr75 said:

I’m glad you did, I meant to reply to you. That’s bizarre! It almost looks like the VOR/DME 21 approach, which has a DME arc. And you have the WT mod? Do you use Navigraph as well?

Now I’m curious. I will say I got vectors to final on Vatsim today and didn’t see where you could load that in the Procedures page. So I just loaded a transition and then used heading mode until I was established and then hit Appr. 

I’d like to figure out what it is, because honestly I think the WT G3000 is absolutely amazing. 

Is there an approach at your local airport I could try?  Basically when new aircraft with new avionics are available I do the same approaches I've done irl (and cleared planes for on the other side of the freq) because I know them extremely well.  I know how the Garmin should load the approach and how a typical AP would fly it.  It's a trifecta although it's probably why I'm very picky about avionics.  With the stock G1000 - everything was abysmal.  Once WT's NXi came out it was a night and day difference - almost like flying the Garmin trainer/ real thing.  Clearly WT has a lot planned for the avionics in this sim as shown by the previews on their Discord.  I'm very excited.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

PHENOM!!!! Been waiting for one and had no idea this was even in the works

But, so many caveats 😞

Looks like the first plane I will have to wait for reviews to read, and compare closely to the Cirrus and HJet to decide which I want

Drew Sikora

Staff Blog

Founder/Designer, MSE Airports

1 hour ago, ryanbatc said:

Is there an approach at your local airport I could try?  Basically when new aircraft with new avionics are available I do the same approaches I've done irl (and cleared planes for on the other side of the freq) because I know them extremely well.  I know how the Garmin should load the approach and how a typical AP would fly it.  It's a trifecta although it's probably why I'm very picky about avionics.  With the stock G1000 - everything was abysmal.  Once WT's NXi came out it was a night and day difference - almost like flying the Garmin trainer/ real thing.  Clearly WT has a lot planned for the avionics in this sim as shown by the previews on their Discord.  I'm very excited.

I’ll try this approach tomorrow in the sim. I fly out of KRME, we have a couple pretty standard RNAV approaches. The one thing I noticed in your flight plan (I think) is that the departure and destination we’re the same. I understand why, but k do wonder if maybe that’s what messed the unit up? I fly a GTN750 irl and for that I’m pretty sure we’d just take off and then load the approach without even inputting a flight plan (like you were talking about earlier), but like you said I don’t think you can do that in the G3000. 

Is this the same plane as the Embraer Phenom 100 that was posted and later taken down on Flightsim.to because of it's dubious origins?

20 minutes ago, mtr75 said:

I’ll try this approach tomorrow in the sim. I fly out of KRME, we have a couple pretty standard RNAV approaches. The one thing I noticed in your flight plan (I think) is that the departure and destination we’re the same. I understand why, but k do wonder if maybe that’s what messed the unit up? I fly a GTN750 irl and for that I’m pretty sure we’d just take off and then load the approach without even inputting a flight plan (like you were talking about earlier), but like you said I don’t think you can do that in the G3000. 

Right... this is what I've done in the past with the 750/650 and the 430 I'm flying now.  I guess it will all be moot once WT finishes the GNS and G3000

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Is this a subsidiary of CaptainSim?

Edited by Fiorentoni

15 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

Right... this is what I've done in the past with the 750/650 and the 430 I'm flying now.  I guess it will all be moot once WT finishes the GNS and G3000

So oddly, having never before seen what you showed me yesterday, guess what just happened to me? Flying into Providenciales in the Turks and Caicos (MBPV) I see this:

spacer.png

I don't know why this site insists on making images so difficult to insert into posts, here is a full shot:

https://ibb.co/6J53PNS

Edited by mtr75

1 hour ago, mtr75 said:

So oddly, having never before seen what you showed me yesterday, guess what just happened to me? Flying into Providenciales in the Turks and Caicos (MBPV) I see this:

I don't know why this site insists on making images so difficult to insert into posts, here is a full shot:

https://ibb.co/6J53PNS

I think it won't show the weird flight path if all you are doing is flying a straight-ish line.  It should work (well aside from the active leg issue which always happens to me) if the IAF is almost directly in front of you.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

35 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

I think it won't show the weird flight path if all you are doing is flying a straight-ish line.  It should work (well aside from the active leg issue which always happens to me) if the IAF is almost directly in front of you.

Yeah it also activated the legs all weird. At one point I was flying in Nav mode on a heading of 130 or so, following the flight plan perfectly, and the arrow for the FMS was pointing in the wrong direction on the PFD (310 degrees). There is no such thing as an RNAV radial, at least so far as i know. You could concievably get it backwards flying a VOR and the needle would stay centered if you’re right on the radial, but I don’t know that that’s possible using RNAV. It was all very odd. Everything seemed normal until I deleted a waypoint in the flight plan, then it just wen whacky.