Sign in to follow this  
Watsi

FlyByWire Simulations | A32NX | Sim Update 9

I didn't see any message. I loaded the plane and that AI option just vanished from my top menu. There was no explanation provided. 

If you are talking about the message that pops up AFTER you edit the Assistance options in the main menu and try turning on AI - that message may need to be made a bit more clear. It did not say that FBW is force-disabling the AI option. It only said that I have to turn off Assists.

Anyway, this was a suggestion made in good faith. I have no intention of getting into an argument about what users do or do not do, or read or do not read. I also am not demanding anything. I know this is free, and you get what you pay for. You guys make a nice free plane, I made a small free suggestion, that's it. 

• Like 1

I see that this is in the release notes today. I think you released 0.8 today or yesterday? 

The release notes make it quite clear what's happening, and that is fine. 

We had a pop-up before…on Development version and Experimental. Then we found out about that option to force disable it. This is now part of stable as well and we made it clear on release notes. For dev there is no specific one beside the log of commits on GitHub. Put looking at this it’s also there.

Just now, AGuther said:

We had a pop-up before…on Development version and Experimental. Then we found out about that option to force disable it. This is now part of stable as well and we made it clear on release notes. For dev there is no specific one beside the log of commits on GitHub. Put looking at this it’s also there.

Yup, it's in the release notes for 0.8. I last used it a day or two ago prior to the 0.8 release. It's all good now. 

42 minutes ago, FlyingGoose said:

Yup, it's in the release notes for 0.8. I last used it a day or two ago prior to the 0.8 release. It's all good now. 

No it's not good now. The reason for taking away two important options toggle AI copilot for ATC and taxi ribbons on arrival seems to be that they don't want the few people who fly the plane with takeoff assistance and such to come to their Discord for help. Thats not an acceptable reason for such important features to be deleted. FBW you tell me if I have understood your reasons wrongly.

13 minutes ago, Sagoland said:

taking away

just skimming this topic but complaining that someone takes something away which you got for free in the first place is a little bit out of bounds IMHO. frustration? acknowledged and understood. demanding? well... this is not payware.

• Like 2

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

22 minutes ago, Sagoland said:

No it's not good now. The reason for taking away two important options toggle AI copilot for ATC and taxi ribbons on arrival seems to be that they don't want the few people who fly the plane with takeoff assistance and such to come to their Discord for help. Thats not an acceptable reason for such important features to be deleted. FBW you tell me if I have understood your reasons wrongly.

@Sagoland

Mr Guther posted a workaround to restore the features in his post with the screenshot. I really do appreciate the work they do overall. and while i do very stridently agree with you on these very points you are stating i would think at least we can avail ourselves of this option to turn it off until a better solution is found for everyone. I do not agree with the decision to implement the sim feature disabling in the first place .. but the fact that they gave an option to undo it should be fine so everyone can go about their business.

I don't want to create any more waves ... they provided a workable solution for now and this is their work for everyone to enjoy in the end. If the solution is unworkable for you i think you will have to consider not using their product for a while as i decided i was going to do last night if a solution was not found.

Edited by Maxis
  • Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

10 minutes ago, DAD said:

just skimming this topic but complaining that someone takes something away which you got for free in the first place is a little bit out of bounds IMHO. frustration? acknowledged and understood. demanding? well... this is not payware.

Yeah your skimming the topic.. but a workaround is posted to undo it for those affected so hopefully affected parties can implement it and carry on.

Edited by Maxis
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

18 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

To be honest, if someone wants to fly the FBW or any high fidelity add-one, they shouldn't use any AI assistance or so ever to start with.

People should just dump awful tin canned ATC anyway and fly on VATSIM.  It is an overall much better experience.  No idea why people keep banging on about stupid ATC AI.  It is a complete immersion killer.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ErichB said:

People should just dump awful tin canned ATC anyway and fly on VATSIM.  It is an overall much better experience.  No idea why people keep banging on about stupid ATC AI.  It is a complete immersion killer.

Cause people don't want to / are not able to speak to someone online. You never know what's behind these decisions. You shouldn't assume that it is lazyness or ignorance. If our guys at support would assume that every time, they would have a lot of fun. 😉

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

FlyByWire Simulations

One core aspect of this issue seems to be Asobo for whatever reasons not persisting previous user settings (especially around the assistance stuff) on every SU release.. is there a zendesk or official issue link for this which we can all upvote to get their attention?

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

2 hours ago, ErichB said:

How often are VATSIM controllers available / not available on your flights?

• Like 1

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I‘m in contact with MS/Asobo. I‘m sure we will find a solution that is ok for the great majority. It might take a bit though, but I‘m confident it will happen.

Edited by AGuther
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, vonmar said:

How often are VATSIM controllers available / not available on your flights?

Europe is generally very well covered most of the time.  Maybe not on the whole sector all the time, but certainly partially.  

8 hours ago, ErichB said:

People should just stop telling other people how to sim.  Or what is immersive to them applies to everybody.  Single pilot operation of an a320 isn’t immersive either to many.  I mean I use Pilot2ATC these days, but I have that ATC ai help turned on.  It’s not an abnormal request to want to use.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1