Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

Ready to Throw in the towel for the summer

1 minute ago, bendead said:

Same here, I also have a desktop 9900K not KF, but under the standard voltage and a laptop 2080.

With everything on high, some thing on ultra, 5120x1440, on average I get between 30 to 40fps depending on addons, but SU9 is a lot smoother

We seem to be the lucky ones! I honestly think this is the best it's ever been for me. I'm now dreading SU10 in case it will be my turn to be disappointed. Seems to work like that. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Go get your PPL. 

No stutters still not guaranteed.😀

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

3 hours ago, Nyxx said:

When someone (Ian) reachers out for help, Do people even understand the stupidity of a reply saying "Sim works just fine" its breathtaking really.

" Doctor I'am coming to you becasue I have a bad pain in my head?".....Doctor..." Well mines fine".......💥

Moving on.

Ian, Ive had a break from MSFS for 3 months (DCS and Elden ring) and I found like you the sim was not smooth.

At one point I wondered what was going off after running Elden ring on max setting at 60 FPS for over 400 hr and not one CTD. MSFS..../sigh.

I bought KBOS and KRNT....O dear....I'am locked at 40FPS for TrackIR (120Hz msfs 20fps lock)and at them two airport it was 24-26 FPS. The only way was to turn LOD from 200 down to 100.

But like you are finding the sim still was not right, a stuttering mess.

So, I sort off started again. I know the PMDG is coming out and streamers FPS are not 40+, so I tried 30 fps, rubbish and worst with TrackIR. After reading a post some where I went into Nv CP went to my MSFS and pressed restore button. That helped. But Since I am not going to get 40+ FPS with the NG or FENIX, I for the first time in a long time took of in sim VSync, turned my screen refreash rate to max 240Hz and went back to RTSS and to test.

I have no idear why, but 30fps with TrackTR is terrable 31 FPS=terrable, 32 the same, 34 the same 35 the same....but 33FPS was like ...what!!

With the new update RTSS set to 33 FPS TrackIR and the sim set to 200 LOD, Ultra setting the sim is now running perfect again and I dont need 40, 33 is a huge step down for the PC to handle so. I am lucky ive found a new sweet spot.

I surgest, set screen to max refreash, turn of in MSFS Vsync and have RTSS open and play around with FPS 30+ and see if you can find that 1 fps sweet stop.

O and reset you MSFS in NV CP to restore.

GL Ian.

I think many who reply 'my sim is fine' are not gloating, but are trying to say don't give up as there must be a sweet spot for your system. I agree though it would be helpful to also give some suggestions 🙂

Interesting you mentioned Rivertuner because Ian himself recommended it to me.  On my system, Rivertuner causes the monitor to lose signal and go to standby. It comes back on after a second but it repeats endlessly.

This is why MSFS can be so frustrating.  I find fixing the framrate at 40fps is good for me using the built in V- Sync, but for you it's 33fps with msfs V-Sync off!

• Like 2

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

MrBitsFlyer is spot on, and certainly from my point of view. I have seen it on lots of occasions where the sim has operated great for me, only for a number of others to have real issues.

I have also seen me having CTD after CTD, after a sim update, yet the majority are fine. it does really seem at times differing set up's can be so different. The trouble is finding the culprit.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

I give, why is it after every update there is a barrage of reports of horror and yet none of this for me, ever, on every update since the dawn of the sim.  I'm using SU9 now, no stutters, performance is the same, long flights, short flights, all's perfectly fine:

• MS Store for updates
  • Vsync ON, 30fps/60Hz, 3440x1440 w/ no NV Control Panel settings except Low Latency is set to Ultra, and DSL 2x or something, as it's been since Day 1.  
  • A moderate number of addons inc AS CRJ, Simple Traffic, Bejan's Seasons, and a few birds here and there, and now maybe 8 add on airports.
  • I use PACX and AH2 during flights.
  • Win 10 automatically updated

I fully predict PMDG 737 will be totally fine as well, of course since I've had no troubles.  I haven't updated the GPU driver since installing a new 3080Ti many moons ago. 

To put this in perspective I'm going to post a poll to show how many are having signficant problems and who isn't.

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I’ve had my first CTD in a long while today. Mine was related to the AFC bridge in my comm folder, anyway I’ve updated the honeycomb software so will see how I get on but that’s been in my comms for a good while now, only change I’ve made is SU9 and the nvidia driver update today.

Edited by Carts85

5 hours ago, Nyxx said:

When someone (Ian) reachers out for help, Do people even understand the stupidity of a reply saying "Sim works just fine" its breathtaking really.

On the contrary, this is useful information. If I have a problem and others do not, I want to know about it, because it helps narrow the range of possible causes. Not stupid at all.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, cobalt said:

On the contrary, this is useful information. If I have a problem and others do not, I want to know about it, because it helps narrow the range of possible causes. Not stupid at all.

If people give ideas on what the probelm is then yes knowing the problem is not a common one is helpfull, without  nothing all all but " mines fine" you think thats helpfull..OK. 🙄 

Very constitutive and helpful. I will remeber if you have any problem to say "Am fine" and nothing else, see how helpfull that is to your problem and tracking it down.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Update:-

I've dropped my TLOD to 175, objects LOD is at 200. Disabled PG. It's a bit smoother. Still locked via RTSS at 40 FPS, which it seems to maintain 90% of the time. TLOD 100 is the smoothest and completely makes me GPU bound. I know the 9900KS isn't the fastest these days but I would have expected a little more. Makes the 5800X3D even more tempting. 

Point 1.) Swift and quick  head turns using TRACKIR causes frame time dips when around 4000 foot and lower, like the sim cant load the objects fast enough. This is with off screen terrain caching set to Ultra. 

Point 2.) Reducing render scale down to 95 or 90, is terrible in this SU9. anything below 100 causes an awful shimmering effect.. 

Point 3.) This isn't me whinging, as some would like to make out. I am noticing much worse frame timing in SU9 as oppose to SU8. And I am not the only person to notice. There is another post here, and a couple over the official forums with the same kinda subject. 

Point 4.) I have cockpit refresh screens set at medium. There is no point in moving any other slider lower than ULTRA using a 3090, because none of them except the ones I have mentioned above affect the CPU. 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith

Ian your i9900KS at 5ghz should be all MSFS needs. As a test drop FPS to 30 and see when below 4000ft if the problem is still there? Locked at 30 should give lots of headroom. I know TrackIR will be horrable but its just a test.

As normal with sim updates some find them great..and that is great and some from know where have problems. 😔

Or I could just say my sim if fine as apparently that's really usefull to you. 😉

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

15 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

If people give ideas on what the probelm is then yes knowing the problem is not a common one is helpfull, without  nothing all all but " mines fine" you think thats helpfull..OK. 🙄 

Very constitutive and helpful. I will remeber if you have any problem to say "Am fine" and nothing else, see how helpfull that is to your problem and tracking it down.

That will be fine with me. To repeat, just knowing that you do not have the problem I am experiencing, is useful to me. So please do!   

P.S. Does your spell checker not work?

3 minutes ago, cobalt said:

P.S. Does your spell checker not work?

He is Dyslexic. And you look like you're spoiling for an argument. 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

He is Dyslexic. And you look like you're spoiling for an argument. 

Let's review the bidding. I merely said that I if I report a problem and someone tells me they do not have that problem, I don't mind at all because it is useful information. As for the spell-checker, that is a computer function and I asked if it was turned on.  How is any of this spoiling for an argument?

1 minute ago, cobalt said:

How is any of this spoiling for an argument?

Because his spelling is completely irrelevant to this thread. So there was no need to ask him if he has it switched on or not. What difference does does his spelling make to you? Or anyone else here? 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Point 3.) This isn't me whinging

Nope, I'm in the same boat with a heavily OC'd 10700k and 3080 Ti. Very smooth most of the time, but on the ground when making quick head movements with Track IR is not a great experience. 

• Like 1

13600K @ 5.6 | Gigabyte Windforce 4090 | LG C2 42"