Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

SU9 is all but the death nail for VR

21 minutes ago, kdfw__ said:

vr still works fine here.

So your toolbar windows never reset? They don't open incorrectly meaning your constantly having to change the size so they "fit" correctly?

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

I haven't noticed anything besides the windows resizing thing. Performance and visual quality is the same on my machine.

Edited by andreh
  • Like 2

Yes VR is the same for me, I use the OpenXR toolkit and companion, and FFR etc, no problems.  The ATC window is now a much better size, apart from that I don't see any difference and although it's subjective the performance appears to be slightly better.

1 hour ago, nojwod said:

Yes VR is the same for me, I use the OpenXR toolkit and companion, and FFR etc, no problems.  The ATC window is now a much better size, apart from that I don't see any difference and although it's subjective the performance appears to be slightly better.

What does the Weather toolbar window do for you when you open it? Trying to see if it's a "fixable" issue on my side, so if it's ok for you then there's something at play, although others have the same problem I have with it and other windows.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

After checking I do have the toolbar resize issue sent a bug report, hopefully it will be fixed in a hotfix patch.

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Didnt notice anything different except the atc window was changed a bit. Not really a gamebreaker for me..

Well, beyond the ATC comms window size, which is more or less just an irritation and time waster to deal with, I can't really complain about anything else in VR right now, that is other than all the other things that have been broken in VR for a while now.  BTW all of them are reported bugs with active counters.  As I like to say in such situations, dealing with all this is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. 🤪

• Like 2

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

Lol, this is such an over-the-top downer of a thread title!

Asobo are working on VR. Yes, they're slow, but MSFS is a great VR sim as of April 2022. I only fly VR, and right now MSFS is probably 90% of my sim flying time.

The SU9 menu window bug is mildly annoying, but the sim just so darn pretty now in VR, I find it hard to fly anything else. 

• Like 3

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

2 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

Lol, this is such an over-the-top downer of a thread title!

Asobo are working on VR. Yes, they're slow, but MSFS is a great VR sim as of April 2022. I only fly VR, and right now MSFS is probably 90% of my sim flying time.

The SU9 menu window bug is mildly annoying, but the sim just so darn pretty now in VR, I find it hard to fly anything else. 

We've witnessed Dillon go from long term 2d pancaker to full die hard VR Evangelist within a span of like 3 months...now he's making over the top thread titles as such as if he's been around since the initial MSFS VR release.

Avsim is funny🤣😂

• Like 2

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Am I living in a parallel world? I feel VR is getting better and better...

Especially the color. It used to be washed out, and it's a deal breaker. Now now. 

10 hours ago, yanfeng12342000 said:

Especially the color. It used to be washed out, and it's a deal breaker. Now now. 

For me it's the other way around. The colour was good prior to SU9, now it's way to bright, especially everything in green is plain ugly right now.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

Double cursors in instrument views in VR is my greatest annoyance with VR right now, and makes flying complex aircraft a one-eyed challenge sometimes. This was introduced in SU8 beta, promptly reported by me and others on the beta forum, then ignored by Asobo ever since, including in the SU9 beta ☹️

Otherwise, VR is actually working pretty well in SU9, especially if you pair it up with the OXR Toolkit to crank out better performance and visuals.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

What they did now with VR maps, ATC, route data ect ??? They always reset and they are shows in the same position, like the size and place in VR.👿

They havent any beta testers in VR .... How is it possible that this has been overlooked? 🙄

It was reported on official MSFS Forum? They working on fix for this?

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Also the NAVLOG is ... cut! 👎

nKNGusR.jpg

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2