Sign in to follow this  
Stratocruiser1

Cursor broken

Since this week's update, my cursor is behaving strangely. When I start the sim and start flying, the cursor is shown as an arrow as it should, and when I put it on a clickable spot it changes to the hand with one finger up, as it should, and when I put it on a rotating dial, it changes to the circle arrow, as it should.

But, about 15 to 20 minutes into the flight it somehow changes. It stays as an arrow when I put it on a clickable spot and when I put it on a rotating dial. No more changing to the hand with the finger or showing the curved arrow for rotating dials, it just remains an arrow. I can't tell if I am on the right spot to click or rotate. The only way to get it back to normal is to shut down the sim and start all over. But then it changes again about 20 minutes into the flight again. I have tried it on several aircraft, and it does the same thing with all planes. Anyone else seeing this? Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

Well I fixed it myself. Seems this only happens if you are flying in the DEV MODE. I was. While flying in DEV MODE, there is a menu bar at the very top of the screen. On the left side of this bar are tabs like Help; Windows; etc. If you put your cursor on any of those tabs, and then go back to flying and you use the cursor to, say, change radio frequencies, you will find that for some unknown reason, your cursor arrow will not change into the hand or curved arrow. It will just stay the same straight arrow. If you put the cursor on a switch, again it will not change into the hand with the finger. It will just stay the same straight arrow. 

So for now I don't fly in DEV MODE

This happens continuously every time I fly in Dev mode. Once it happens, I have to get out of Dev mod and start a flight in regular mode. This make the Dev mode kind of useless. Anyone having this issue? Have you found a fix for it?

Thanks.