Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Poll: Significant problems after SU9 install?

Significant Problems after SU9  

327 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Have you had significant problems w/ performance, stutters, or other that you were unable to resolve reasonably quickly?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/28/2022 at 09:05 PM

It's an oversimplified poll but just curious about how many are having 'significant' problems such as unequivocal degradation in performance, CTDs and other issues tied to the basic sim--please EXCLUDE loss of Azure speech or loss of connectivity as was happening on occasion pre-SU9 and very likely have more to do w/ server side versus basic installation  and running of the sim.

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

I've had absolutely no problems. I see only improvements but it seems I might be in the minority. I had a very peaceful flight from KFSD to KORD last night and the clouds/weather looked much better than before. My performance was just as good or better than SU8. I did make sure to update everything, delete my Content.xml file, SceneryCascheIndexs folder contents and restart the computer after the update. I wonder how many people don't restart their computers after these sim updates and then run into issues because of that. I used to not restart and always noticed worse performance/other issues. 

Former Child, Current Adult

Yes, now all scenery disappears when the game disconnects from the servers. Before the scenery was only degraded. Makes the game unplayable for me.

Edited by NightOfDreams

Only positives here. I've been flying all day for the first time in many months. It is a joy. 

• Like 1

I have no problems with this update but I just do not understand why the issues people have were not picked up during the beta process? I've had to completely reinstall the sim four times since it was released due to me mucking around with it and I would suggest those experiencing issues do the same.

Edited by jarmstro

11 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

I have no problems with this update but I just do not understand why the issues people have were not picked up during the beta process? I've had to completely reinstall the sim four times since it was released due to me mucking around with it and I would suggest those experiencing issues do the same.

That's because the public beta is not effective the way it is. To be effective you need experienced people, not the general public.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

None ere.

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

I just started MSFS now (Wed morning USA time) and it didnt even prompt me to update.  

9 minutes ago, edpatino said:

That's because the public beta is not effective the way it is. To be effective you need experienced people, not the general public.

The public beta was very effective.  The Spad.Next problem was detected and fixed.  Otherwise, a lot of people here in Avsim using Spad.Next would be complaining of Spad.Next causing CTDs.  And if you read the thread here, most people aren't having problems, but this is probably because Avsim is a forum for PC users.  From what I understand, the people having the most problems are using XBox, but my guess is, not enough XBox testers entered the public beta and they did not upvote their problems to get the attention of Microsoft/Asobo.

The issue is whether Microsoft/Asobo is willing to provide more time to do another build for beta.  They only had time for 2 beta builds this time.  A public beta that is more robust would probably require 2 months.  I'm not sure if Microsoft/Asobo is willing to spend 2 months on a public beta.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 3

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

persistant CTDs after max 10 minutes even in safe mode. I hope that counts as significant. 😉

Edited by Soulflight

25 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Let me try to answer that:  because there are myriad systems, some with defects in Windows, bum addons in the Community Folder, or other potential differences that no amount of beta testing will reveal basic problems in the OS install, and a million other potential issues.  

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

No problems with this update and feels smoother for me than the previous version..

cheers 😉

• Upvote 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Currently on my 4th FBW A320NX flight. KDEN - KSFO.

Absolutely no problems even with the experimental version. A few 3 hr fights.

Current WX is perfect and clouds look great. 

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager