Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Poll: Significant problems after SU9 install?

Significant Problems after SU9  

327 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Have you had significant problems w/ performance, stutters, or other that you were unable to resolve reasonably quickly?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/28/2022 at 09:05 PM

You can say what you want but they don't listen. They are intent on following their schedule regardless, I even think they get confused between Xbox and pc.

Me, well I'll have to wait another month or two before they fix it, but more then likely it'll be another set of broken opportunities.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60GHz. RAM 32 GB 1 500GB SSD and 1 2TB HDD NVIDIA RTX2080Ti 11GB WATER COOLED

45 minutes ago, Soulflight said:

With reinstalling everything i have to say that I am still not ready to enter the week-long process of downloading, installing and setting everything up the way it was, just because I installed a mandatory update.

Go into LocalCache - Packages - Official and copy the OneStore folder to your desktop. Uninstall MSFS then reinstall, let it complete around 2% then close the install process and put that OneStore folder back into the Offical folder, then start the install process back up again and it should be done within a few minutes. The OneStore folder holds the bulk of the items that are downloaded when installing MSFS.

Edited by shamrockflyer

15 hours ago, shamrockflyer said:

Go into LocalCache - Packages - Official and copy the OneStore folder to your desktop. Uninstall MSFS then reinstall, let it complete around 2% then close the install process and put that OneStore folder back into the Offical folder, then start the install process back up again and it should be done within a few minutes. The OneStore folder holds the bulk of the items that are downloaded when installing MSFS.

My bad. I narrowed the crash down to REX weather force connecting to the sim. With MSFS' own live weather it seems to be running fine. Compatibility issue.

• Like 1

No problems.  I clean out my community folder now each and every update.  I used to be stubborn and go through tons and tons of problems until I learned. 

For people having issues, you've got to try the sim without addons first to see if you can isolate the issue.  With public betas, people assume that 3rd party devs will update their stuff, but that doesn't always happen. 

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

This was first time updating was easy. I got an update prompt upon starting, which did not require me to quit and go to the store to update. The way it should be! Then a couple of updates in content manager and done. Sim seems smoother and looks a little better. I was getting the trees starting to pop up problem again, even though there was the option to refresh scenery not in view. That is gone, and redraw distance seems to have increased. I am quite happy!

• Like 1

Yes: my 787 and 747 avionics went bonkers. I have yet to move everything out of the Community folder and try again to see what was the addon broken with SU9.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

I wish i could subtract my vote. Sim is fine .. at least it was on this last flight last night. Usually within the 24 hours of an update things are a little choppy and stuttery and i based my initial assessment on that. Needed to give it a chance to settle down. Settings unchanged avg FPS back to 45fps with the sim locked at 50 in the FBW A320NX doing a flight from MROC to MHTG

As a side note .. that  FBW .. shakes head ... The way that bird flew the lateral RNP fixes and tracked the VNAV Constraints .. while your on the edge of your seat skimming obstacles and going through clouds doing the left hand  RNP circling approach for runway 2 . Absolute magic .. Absolute magic !!.

They just need to add three more essentials

Final App / Missed approach / Secondary FP

But wow .. i grinned that entire approach.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

Besides the slight drop in performance I mentioned in an earlier post, I have a problem retuning to Main Menu from a flight page. Any time I select return to Main Menu my sim CTD's. I have noting in Community Folder and I did not have this issue with SU8. Install went fine. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

14 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

Besides the slight drop in performance I mentioned in an earlier post, I have a problem retuning to Main Menu from a flight page. Any time I select return to Main Menu my sim CTD's. I have noting in Community Folder and I did not have this issue with SU8. Install went fine. 

Hi,

Same here. Was the SU9 installing defective?

I solved the issue resetting the application (not reinstalling).

Cheers

2 hours ago, John Fields said:

Hi,

Same here. Was the SU9 installing defective?

I solved the issue resetting the application (not reinstalling).

Cheers

Ok, I will give that a try

Edited by Wise87

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

I was in the beta and had better performance than SU8. SU9 release version has better performance on my system than beta SU9 did.

The only "new" issue I have is shimmering textures, which I know is a foul setting somewhere.  

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

24 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

The only "new" issue I have is shimmering textures, which I know is a foul setting somewhere.  

I’ve noticed these too, and I’m at 4K. I wonder what’s causing them. 100 render scale too .

I have had no problems with SU9.  I have a middle of the road system. Dell XPS8940 i7-10700 CPU 2.90 GHz, 16GB Ram, nVadia GeForce GTX1660Ti w/6GB Ram.

I have never had stutters from day one.  Most all settings at ULTRA with 4 on HIGH. Photogrammetry -  ON, LOD - 400.  More turbulence in Cessna 172, but I think that is more like real world.

Slight decrease in FPM but nothing to cause stutters or pauses.  I think FPM is a trade off for better clouds.  So to me, it's worth it.

Roy

No problems at this time (except for the normal issues with some mods which I'm sure will be updated shortly).  In fact, I'd have to say everything is smooth - the occasional stutter/pause is not happening at any greater frequency than before.

I will state that at least one of the new in-plane ATC voices was not produced properly.  The phrase segment files were recorded with too great a space at the close of each segment, which produced a halting, unnatural sound to portions of a sentence.  This was especially noticeable with call signs.

Randall Rocke