Sign in to follow this  
phmcr

REX WeatherForce incompatibel with SU9?

I had hoped that the problems some have with live weather (see thread below) had been solved with SU9, but alas, it didn't. Unfortunately REX WeatherForce also seems to suffer as the program crashes. I hope a solution is imminent.

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

As of this writing their Discord channel shows Weather Force in testing but still incompatible with SU9.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Does REX WF fix the live weather feature in MSFS?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

If you mean if it overcomes the 300 nm weather-end, yes it does. REX WF can adjust the weather very regularly during the flight resulting in very accurate weather but it does so on a global scale. So not as fluently as Active Sky does in P3D. But that has to do with MSFS not offering third party developers the possibility to inject the weather into the sim directly. To me this is a very acceptable solution at least overcoming the 300 nm weather-end.

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

Well I did several flights over 300nm since SU7 and never had the issue that live weather stops after 300nm. Just some days ago I flew Concorde from Manchester down to Lissabon without a single issue regarding weather depiction... And no REX here...

Edited by AnkH

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

2 hours ago, AnkH said:

Well I did several flights over 300nm since SU7 and never had the issue that live weather stops after 300nm. Just some days ago I flew Concorde from Manchester down to Lissabon without a single issue regarding weather depiction... And no REX here...

Lucky you!

Menno 

Been using Live weather since day 1, almost 2000 hours ago, zero problems. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

Been using Live weather since day 1, almost 2000 hours ago, zero problems. 

And your point is?

• Upvote 1

Menno 

Live WX has been spot on in my area every day I fly

7 minutes ago, phmcr said:

And your point is?

See zero reason for using Payware weather, no advantage at all. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

See zero reason for using Payware weather, no advantage at all. 

Sir, there have been several threads here on Avsim about this subject. Your helpful contribution in each thread has always been that it did not effect you.

Great for you, some of us have this issue. What's the point of repeating the same comment every time?

A solution or hint would be more welcome!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Menno 

1 minute ago, phmcr said:

Sir, there have been several threads here on Avsim about this subject. Your helpful contribution in each thread has always been that it did not effect you.

Great for you, some of us have this issue. What's the point of repeating the same comment every time?

A solution or hint would be more welcome!

Point out where there are threads that I commented on about Rex Weatherforce not working with SU9?

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

Point out where there are threads that I commented on about Rex Weatherforce not working with SU9?

The obivous issue here is the 300nm weather range.....

Menno 

5 hours ago, Soulflight said:

It definitely is, in my case MSFS immediately crashes the moment REX is trying to inject weather to it.

That happened to me as well.  I hope REX follows up with an updated version.