Sign in to follow this  
phmcr

REX WeatherForce incompatibel with SU9?

20 minutes ago, phmcr said:

and about that subject there are several threads here.....

this is always the case, rex need to be updated for every new version, thats all.

38 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Been using Live weather since day 1, almost 2000 hours ago, zero problems. 

Don't believe that for a second.  Perhaps you should be an adviser for Asobo?  You could let them know how you got around blue skies when there should be clouds, clouds when it should be clear, no weather at all, ash clouds, clouds spawning at ground level, clear skies filled with popcorn clouds, wild temperature shifts, wild wind shifts, lightning in clear skies etc.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

37 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Been using Live weather since day 1, almost 2000 hours ago, zero problems. 

Bob,

I know (you claim) that you do not use default ATC. I use ATC on occasion and almost almost every time I used real weather, the winds & runway in use are always wrong at the departing & destination airports.

I understand that PF3 is your preferred ATC add-on, but my complaint has always been the robotic voices. I don't like them.

With SU9, I now have these awful sounding robotic voices. I would prefer a working default ATC, weather, and AI combo.

I asked if WF fixes the live weather because I prefer realistic winds. The same way Active Sky offered in P3D.

If it's working for you, that's great! But, it doesn't work for me and it has not worked properly since day of release.

Thank you for understanding.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 minutes ago, pannellg said:

That happened to me as well.  I hope REX follows up with an updated version.

SU9 compatible version due out today (28 April)

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

1 minute ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Don't believe that for a second.  Perhaps you should be an adviser for Asobo?  You could let them know how you got around blue skies when there should be clouds, clouds when it should be clear, no weather at all, ash clouds, clouds spawning at ground level, clear skies filled with popcorn clouds, wild temperature shifts, wild wind shifts, lightning in clear skies etc.

Thank you for explaining this because I'm tired of saying the same thing over and over again.

18 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I asked if WF fixes the live weather because I prefer realistic winds. The same way Active Sky offered in P3D.

Simple answer; it does!

Fire up MSFS with live weather, then change that to preset 'clear skies' once settled on your starting airport which results in the winds being correct and AI acting as such. Then fire up WF.

My observation is that the MSFS winds generally nowadays are quite realistic but AI is not effected by WF as that runs outside MSFS. So in order to have AI take off from the correct runway and have ATC use that, I set it up this way. WF then manages the correct weather during the flight.

Edited by phmcr
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

17 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

SU9 compatible version due out today (28 April)

Yes, this is correct, thank you for posting that.

• Like 5

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

30 minutes ago, phmcr said:

Simple answer; it does!

Fire up MSFS with live weather, then change that to preset 'clear skies' once settled on your starting airport which results in the winds being correct and AI acting as such. Then fire up WF.

My observation is that the MSFS winds generally nowadays are quite realistic but AI is not effected by WF as that runs outside MSFS. So in order to have AI take off from the correct runway and have ATC use that, I set it up this way. WF then manages the correct weather during the flight.

There's no trial version so I'll have take your word that it's going to work. It doesn't look like AS will ever come to MSFS.

Did they ever fix the abrupt weather changes? Are they now smooth transitions. This is where default live weather really shines. Transitions are very smooth.

1 minute ago, DJJose said:

Did they ever fix the abrupt weather changes? Are they now smooth transitions. This is where default live weather really shines. Transitions are very smooth.

It is not like AS, but it is rather smooth. And if you use a small time interval the changes are not too abrupt. A new feature helps smoothing things out. Only during descent when the pressure changes between 2 areas, you might have some altitude alerts (in the FBW320). I get over that by adjusting the pressure at the top of descent from standard to local.

• Like 1

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

Well, then I ask here again because still no one did answer me this: is REX capable of displaying a cold front correctly when using live weather? Means: half of the sky nearly overcast, a visble front line and the rest of the sky almost free of clouds? If REX is capable of doing this, I will head over and buy it...

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

Well, then I ask here again because still no one did answer me this: is REX capable of displaying a cold front correctly when using live weather? Means: half of the sky nearly overcast, a visble front line and the rest of the sky almost free of clouds? If REX is capable of doing this, I will head over and buy it...

No is the simple answer.

When MSFS was released, you could see fronts hundreds of miles away and the cloud would lower as you approach the front - it was ground breaking.  However, I can't remember seeing this effect for a long time.  All I ever see now are cumulus clouds everywhere. MS do not allow access to the weather system, so it is impossible for REX to utilize the weather as MSFS live weather does.  What REX does very well is its depiction of the weather.  It is much better at displaying different types of clouds and making the sky believable - Live weather still has its wow moments of course, but REX is consistently better with weather depiction. 

2 hours ago, DJJose said:

Bob,

I know (you claim) that you do not use default ATC. I use ATC on occasion and almost almost every time I used real weather, the winds & runway in use are always wrong at the departing & destination airports.

I understand that PF3 is your preferred ATC add-on, but my complaint has always been the robotic voices. I don't like them.

With SU9, I now have these awful sounding robotic voices. I would prefer a working default ATC, weather, and AI combo.

If it's working for you, that's great! But, it doesn't work for me and it has not worked properly since day of release.

Thank you for understanding.

When I fly into an airport, I check the Metar and the wind I see in the metar is what I get when I fly the approach, and that is what I am assigned for a runway. I just now took off from LFRS, and the metar was 030/4 knots.  I was given rwy 03 for takeoff. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

8 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

When I fly into an airport, I check the Metar and the wind I see in the metar is what I get when I fly the approach, and that is what I am assigned for a runway. I just now took off from LFRS, and the metar was 030/4 knots.  I was given rwy 03 for takeoff. 

That's how it's supposed to work.

13 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

No is the simple answer.

[...] but REX is consistently better with weather depiction. 

No but REX is consitently better? How does that work? Makes no sense...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

13 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

When MSFS was released, you could see fronts hundreds of miles away and the cloud would lower as you approach the front - it was ground breaking.  However, I can't remember seeing this effect for a long time. 

SU9 has improved this somewhat and I’ve had distant fronts on several flights in SU9. Another thing I’m guessing Rex can’t do if it paints local weather globally.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea